Options

Comments

• SingleSTB
    SingleSTB Posts: 10 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    thb30 said:
    to_be_FTB said:
    It took ten days for me between "valuation submitted" and a request for further documents...  Silence in between...
    Did Nationwide acknowledge it immediately? I’ve not had any acknowledgment that they’ve received it, only from the surveyor that they submitted it. 
    I got texts saying the valuation was booked (for the 16th), then nothing since. I emailed my broker last week who told me they could see (via the broker portal) that Nationwide had recevied the valuation on the 17th and it was in the throes of assessing it. No further updates since then...

• Tiddleshalifax
    Options
    SingleSTB said:
    thb30 said:
    to_be_FTB said:
    It took ten days for me between "valuation submitted" and a request for further documents...  Silence in between...
    Did Nationwide acknowledge it immediately? I’ve not had any acknowledgment that they’ve received it, only from the surveyor that they submitted it. 
    I got texts saying the valuation was booked (for the 16th), then nothing since. I emailed my broker last week who told me they could see (via the broker portal) that Nationwide had recevied the valuation on the 17th and it was in the throes of assessing it. No further updates since then...

Our valuation was on 11th and it was almost a week before the offer was issued so please don’t lose faith xx
  • julicorn
    julicorn Posts: 2,283 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    SingleSTB said:
    thb30 said:
    to_be_FTB said:

For us, it took a week and a half to get the mortgage offered after the valuation - the valuation was on a Tuesday, and we only got the mortgage offer (or any acknowledgement of the valuation report even having been received) on Friday in the following week.
    Original mortgage: December 2017, £203,495
    MFW start: April 2018, £201,800
    Mortgage neutral: September 2022, mortgage redeemed: December 2022
    New house, new mortgage: December 2022, £276,007
    Current balance: £217,800 minus £8,300 overpayment savings pot
  • TheLastMinute
    Options
    SingleSTB said:

According to the broker information pages, it's taking Nationwide around 7 days to look at submitted paperwork including valuation assessments so I wouldn't have expected for you to hear anything either way yet.

My knowledge is only from applying direct, but assuming the broker NFI tracker is similar to the customer version, then I expect the broker can only see that the valuation assessment was received by Nationwide on the 17th. The next update will be when the paperwork gets to the front of the queue and human actually looks at it. 7 working days after the 17th is Monday 28th, so I would expect you'll hear something early next week. 

The current mortgage application processing times can be seen at 
    https://www.nationwide-intermediary.co.uk/placing-business/service-updates
  • SingleSTB
    Name Dropper First Post
    edited 24 June 2021 at 10:05AM
    Options
    SingleSTB said:

According to the broker information pages, it's taking Nationwide around 7 days to look at submitted paperwork including valuation assessments so I wouldn't have expected for you to hear anything either way yet.

My knowledge is only from applying direct, but assuming the broker NFI tracker is similar to the customer version, then I expect the broker can only see that the valuation assessment was received by Nationwide on the 17th. The next update will be when the paperwork gets to the front of the queue and human actually looks at it. 7 working days after the 17th is Monday 28th, so I would expect you'll hear something early next week. 

The current mortgage application processing times can be seen at https://www.nationwide-intermediary.co.uk/placing-business/service-updates
    Thank you for this. It's given me a much-needed sanity check. I know I'm being unnecessarily on-edge about all of this, and a lot of that is down to the fact I'm buying on my own and I need to trust the process. Last time I bought a house my ex took care of everything, so I was shielded from a lot of the waiting around and stress caused by that. 
  • E_D_FTB
    E_D_FTB Posts: 280 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    SingleSTB said:
    SingleSTB said:

The current mortgage application processing times can be seen at https://www.nationwide-intermediary.co.uk/placing-business/service-updates
    Thank you for this. It's given me a much-needed sanity check. I know I'm being unnecessarily on-edge about all of this, and a lot of that is down to the fact I'm buying on my own and I need to trust the process. Last time I bought a house my ex took care of everything, so I was shielded from a lot of the waiting around and stress caused by that. 
    Honestly - I've looked at that page multiple times and I'm still SO ON EDGE! It's just a stressful process sadly, made more stressful by poor communication and lots of waiting for things to be processed. We're FTB and we can only afford to buy with the Helping Hands mortgage, so this is our one and only shot.

Keeping everything crossed for all of us!
    10th June - DIP submitted
    11th June - DIP referred to underwriter
    12th June - Viewed house, offer made and accepted
    14th June - DIP accepted and full application submitted
    16th June - Valuation booked for 18th
    18th June - Valuation completed - received text and email confirming the report had been received by Nationwide for review.
    22nd June - Hard search (Transunion)
    24th June - Second hard search (Equifax)
    1st July - Extra documents requested and uploaded by Broker
    9th July - Proof of Deposit requested and uploaded by Broker
    12 July - Searches applied for
    19th July - Problem with Proof of Deposit upload - reuploaded by Broker with narrative
    19th July - Survey carried out
    20th July - Offer issued - checked and confirmed by Broker
    21st July - Contract checks complete
    22nd July - Additional enquiries sent
    23rd July - Survey report returned
    27th July - Documents reviewed and okayed with solicitor
    4th August - Searches back
    31st August - Final enquiries back
    8th September - Contracts signed
    15th September - Deposit money transferred
    28th September - Exchange
    30th September - Proposed Completion
  • E_D_FTB
    E_D_FTB Posts: 280 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Another update to our timeline:

Update on our timeline:

18th June - Valuation completed - received text and email confirming the report had been received by Nationwide for review.

Not sure why the second search was needed, but again, hope it means something is actually happening with our application and the wait won't be too much longer!
    1st July - Extra documents requested and uploaded by Broker
    9th July - Proof of Deposit requested and uploaded by Broker
    12 July - Searches applied for
    19th July - Problem with Proof of Deposit upload - reuploaded by Broker with narrative
    19th July - Survey carried out
    20th July - Offer issued - checked and confirmed by Broker
    21st July - Contract checks complete
    22nd July - Additional enquiries sent
    23rd July - Survey report returned
    27th July - Documents reviewed and okayed with solicitor
    4th August - Searches back
    31st August - Final enquiries back
    8th September - Contracts signed
    15th September - Deposit money transferred
    28th September - Exchange
    30th September - Proposed Completion
  • Ellie123321
    Options
    PLEASE IF YOU ARE LOSING HOPE READ THIS!!!
    it’s took us what feels like forever- so stressful and really didn’t think i was going to get it!

here’s my timeline below- a long stressful process and definitely not straight forward but I finally got the mortgage offer on 22/06/2021 and have a date for the keys first week of august already!!

Initial application 23/04/2021

Valuation booked on 27/04/2021 for 11/05/2021

Hard search 03/05/2021

Requested extra payslips- received on 10/05/2021 waited 5 working days to be reviewed 

Text to say revived valuation report on 11/05/2021

Requested contract of employment letter on 18/05/2021 sent off same day waited 5 working days to be reviewed 

Nationwide queried contract of employment ( I have recently changed from part time to full time so they were asking lots of questions)

On 26/05/2021

• needed a letter from my employee confirming the position, I work in a prison so I couldn’t just get this from my boss! Had to request a reference sheet from head offices which took 5 working days to come
    • The letter came on 09/06/2021 and wasn’t addressed to nationwide so needed to request ANOTHER good few days wait for this

Finally came back on 21/06/2021 and nationwide came back and sat it needed to be more specific, mortgage advisor chased it up and got it sorted for us and we FINALLY got our offer on 22/06/2021

• swanseajack91
    Options
    PLEASE IF YOU ARE LOSING HOPE READ THIS!!!
    it’s took us what feels like forever- so stressful and really didn’t think i was going to get it!

here’s my timeline below- a long stressful process and definitely not straight forward but I finally got the mortgage offer on 22/06/2021 and have a date for the keys first week of august already!!

Initial application 23/04/2021

Valuation booked on 27/04/2021 for 11/05/2021

Hard search 03/05/2021

Requested extra payslips- received on 10/05/2021 waited 5 working days to be reviewed 

Text to say revived valuation report on 11/05/2021

Requested contract of employment letter on 18/05/2021 sent off same day waited 5 working days to be reviewed 

Nationwide queried contract of employment ( I have recently changed from part time to full time so they were asking lots of questions)

On 26/05/2021

• needed a letter from my employee confirming the position, I work in a prison so I couldn’t just get this from my boss! Had to request a reference sheet from head offices which took 5 working days to come
    • The letter came on 09/06/2021 and wasn’t addressed to nationwide so needed to request ANOTHER good few days wait for this

Finally came back on 21/06/2021 and nationwide came back and sat it needed to be more specific, mortgage advisor chased it up and got it sorted for us and we FINALLY got our offer on 22/06/2021

Congrats, it’s been 7 days since our valuation was accepted and it’s been with underwriter since, we where told it would take maximum of 7 days so hopefully hear back today. So stressful!!
  • SingleSTB
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    After all of the stressing of the last few days, I got three texts one after the other today stating Nationwide had received my valuation, that they have approved the valuation and - most importantly - issued my mortgage offer! That's nine days (or seven working days) from the valuation date. Which is pretty spot-on, in terms of the timescales published in the Intermediaries page. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback