Nationwide Mortgage

Options

Comments

• Boothyx
    Boothyx Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Hi All,

Throwing my hat into the ring as in the same position as a lot of you. Here is our timeline:
    1 June - Application submitted, Text received to confirm received. Additional documents requested via L&C Broker.
    3 June - Text to confirm Valuation booked for 16 June
    10 June - Hard search appears on credit file
    16 June - Today waiting (not very patiently) to hear about the valuation!

What a horrible, nerve wracking experience this is. Part of me is hoping that if the hard search had showed anything they didnt like on 10 June that we'd have been rejected by now, but that's probably false hope.
  • Tiddleshalifax
    Options
    Boothyx said:
    Hi All,

Throwing my hat into the ring as in the same position as a lot of you. Here is our timeline:
    1 June - Application submitted, Text received to confirm received. Additional documents requested via L&C Broker.

What a horrible, nerve wracking experience this is. Part of me is hoping that if the hard search had showed anything they didnt like on 10 June that we'd have been rejected by now, but that's probably false hope.
    We had the hard search done 6/6 and the valuation 11/6. They asked for more info the same day so not sure what is normal process. 

Are you a ftb? We are home moving but going for a different lender.

good luck xx
  • Boothyx
    First Post
    Options
    Yeah we are FTB - thank you!
  • Boothyx
    First Post
    Options
    Boothyx said:
    Hi All,

We've just had the text of mortgage offer!!!! 
  • housebuyer21
    Options
    FTBs 85%LTV Thought id pop our timeline up for all....
    12th May - DIP referred & Approved
    14th May - Offer made £15k under asking - negotiations
    15th May - Offer accepted £5k UA
    17th May - DIP updated
    25th May - full application submitted via Nationwide MA
    1st Jun - Valuation booked 16th Jun
    3rd Jun - Hard searches done
    16th Jun - Valuation completed
    16th Jun - Mortgage offer issued (within minutes of valuation report complete)

Wahooooo! Can't actually believe it!!
  • housebuyer21
    Options
    Boothyx said:
    Boothyx said:
    Hi All,

Snap :) Congratulations.... now to chase the solicitors :)
  • Boothyx
    First Post
    Options
    Boothyx said:
    Boothyx said:
    Hi All,

Snap :) Congratulations.... now to chase the solicitors :)
    You too!!
  • SingleSTB
    SingleSTB Posts: 10 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Congratulations @Boothyx and @housebuyer21 on your offers coming through! 

I had my valuation booked for the 16th too, and I spent all of yesterday clamped to my phone to see if I would hear anything, but nothing yet. Hearing that you both had such quick turnarounds is heartening. 

On paper, I think mine should be a fairly straightforward application (previously had a mortgage through Nationwide with my ex-partner, applying this time for a 78% LTV deal, high credit score, etc) but you never know, do you? 

I'm applying on my own (after a messy break-up last year), and have enlisted the help of a mortgage broker who has been fab so far, but I'm still so anxious about everything... 
  • SingleSTB
    SingleSTB Posts: 10 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Here's my timeline: 

3rd June: DIP issued
    5th June: Viewed property, and put in initial offer same day - £10k under asking price.
    6th June: Introductory call with broker - to get ball rolling on full application. Submitted ID docs, as well as 3 months' of pay slips and bank statements. 
    8th June: Revised offer of £5k under asking price accepted. Instructed solicitors. House removed from EA's website
    9th June: Call with broker to finalise mortgage application, including request for proof of deposit
    10th June: "Hi, Nationwide here. We've received your mortgage application" text through.
    10th June: Text and email confirming valuation booked for 16th June
    16th June: Valuation day
    17th June: Stressing about results of valuation :blush:

• Boothyx
    First Post
    Options
    To help put people at ease - I was really worried about our application.

Our application was for 93% LTV (95% Product) and I did not the greatest credit score with relatively large CC debt between me and my partner and both had dipped into our arranged overdrafts (which was shown on bank statements provided). We were also receiving a gift towards the deposit. Having read some experiences in here I felt sure we'd be rejected.

However, on the 12th working day after application we were offered the full amount we requested! So it can happen :). The biggest thing going in our favour was our affordability - the amount we were requesting was below 3x our joint salaries and we were both full time employed not affected by COVID financially.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback