Nationwide Mortgage

Options

Comments

• Tiddleshalifax
    Options
    Congratulations julicorn! 

We’ve had a request via our financial advisor for my isa statement (this is because I’ve used that to keep my bills money separate until the bill is due) - I have been working hard to clear debts for 18 months - I’ve never defaulted in my whole banking life but I’m finding this very frustrating! Hopefully it won’t be much longer 
  • Ambers20
    Options
    We received our mortgage offer yesterday so the whole process took us 3 and half weeks. 
  • Tiddleshalifax
    Options
    Ambers20 said:
    We received our mortgage offer yesterday so the whole process took us 3 and half weeks. 
    Congratulations 😍

we’ve had our survey but now the anxious wait. I hope they don’t ask for more information 😢
  • swanseajack91
    Options
    Ambers20 said:
    Congratulations 😍

we’ve had our survey but now the anxious wait. I hope they don’t ask for more information 😢
    We are awaiting our valuation too, had it on the 8th, nervous as previous property fell through due to being under valued! Have been told we should find out by this Wednesday.
  • Tiddleshalifax
    Options
    Ambers20 said:
    Congratulations 😍

We are awaiting our valuation too, had it on the 8th, nervous as previous property fell through due to being under valued! Have been told we should find out by this Wednesday.
    Ooh good luck. 

I’m worried because they came back for more info - I’m a natural worrier so no reassurance from our financial advisor that that is normal has helped!!
  • dganlo
    dganlo Posts: 5 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have applied via Nationwide and had horrendous experience with them. I think countrywide valuators are highly unprofessional. I have summarised my pain points here: 

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6257972/never-ending-ews1-requirements-by-nationwides-valuer

Good luck but I would never recommend Nationwide to anyone. 
  • Tiddleshalifax
    Options
    dganlo said:
    I have applied via Nationwide and had horrendous experience with them. I think countrywide valuators are highly unprofessional. I have summarised my pain points here: 

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6257972/never-ending-ews1-requirements-by-nationwides-valuer

Good luck but I would never recommend Nationwide to anyone. 
    Sorry to hear that. I’ve read that. I think it’s always difficult where cladding is involved and it sounds as though they’ve not had the information in as timely manner as they’d hope. I hope you get sorted 
  • Tiddleshalifax
    Options
    For us… we just wait. It’s driving me mad. My anxiety is through the roof but I’m back at work tomorrow so hopefully 🤞🏻
  • hellosunshine17
    Options
    Nationwide are still reviewing our application 3 weeks in... should we be worried? They've only asked for proof of deposit, which we supplied 2 weeks ago, and valuation was apparently done last Thursday. I don't know what else they could be looking at!
  • TheLastMinute
    Options
    Nationwide are still reviewing our application 3 weeks in... should we be worried? They've only asked for proof of deposit, which we supplied 2 weeks ago, and valuation was apparently done last Thursday. I don't know what else they could be looking at!
    According to https://www.nationwide-intermediary.co.uk/placing-business/service-updates, it's taking 7 working days to review documents at the moment. If the valuation report was submitted on Thursday, in theory it should be looked at next Monday.

If you applied direct, you should be able to access the application progress details online. If through a MA, then they should have access to their own version of it and should be able to tell you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback