Forum Home» Savings & Investments

£50 Cashback with NatWest or RBS Invest - Page 9

New Post Advanced Search
We are currently experiencing a high volume of spam and have increased the sensitivity of our spam filters. This could mean that genuine posts may get caught. If you believe this has happened to one of your posts, please email the Forum team on [email protected] As always, we are really grateful for your patience whilst we get this sorted - which we'll do as soon as possible.
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

£50 Cashback with NatWest or RBS Invest

edited 3 July at 8:51AM in Savings & Investments
91 replies 5.9K views

Replies

• kaMelokaMelo Forumite
    278 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Ok I have a problem with the regular monthly contributions.
    I set the contributions of £50 and to be sent on the last day of the month.
    The initial contribution of £100 was paid in July and also the first monthly payment of £50.
    The second monthly payment was to leave on the last  day of August however this was sent on 1st September ~ so no monthly payment was received in August
    The next contribution should arrive on 30th September and then the last day in October is a Saturday so it won't arrive until November.
    So it seems I have unwittingly broken the t&cs. I bet I'm not the only one.
    The requirement was to have set up a regular monthly payment method by the end of August which you have done.
    The Fact they only took the payment in September is their issue.
  • BoracicLintBoracicLint Forumite
    230 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Has anybody else had their monthly contribution fail to be taken this month?  Just about to phone Natwest as there is plenty of available funds in the linked account, just had an email today stating:

"We couldn't take your monthly payment.

We'll try again next month.

Don't miss out on this month's investment – simply choose to 'Add' to your plan."

Hopefully that doesn't count as missing a monthly contribution for the purposes of getting the bonus £50.  I'll report back once I've had a chance to call them.

• quirkydeptlessquirkydeptless Forumite
    701 posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    Has anybody else had their monthly contribution fail to be taken this month? 

Just checked, my payment was taken on the 1st September

This is not investment advice.
    Your money may go "down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... I got all tricked up and came up to this thing, lookin' so fire hot, a twenty out of ten..."
  • BoracicLintBoracicLint Forumite
    230 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Has anybody else had their monthly contribution fail to be taken this month?  Just about to phone Natwest as there is plenty of available funds in the linked account, just had an email today stating:

"We couldn't take your monthly payment.

We'll try again next month.

Don't miss out on this month's investment – simply choose to 'Add' to your plan."

Hopefully that doesn't count as missing a monthly contribution for the purposes of getting the bonus £50.  I'll report back once I've had a chance to call them.

Just to follow up on this in case anyone else has a similar issue.  There has been some payment issues this month, but I was advised on the phone that a manual payment still qualifies for the £50 cashback, it doesn't matter if the payment isn't collected as a regular payment, as long as the payment is made one way or another.
  • tomlatomla Forumite
    111 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    My bonus seems to have been paid. £51.85 up on minimum investment to qualify. Seems strange.
    Also top tip: easy login to NatWest Invest from the NatWest app. Just select "apply" at the bottom and then "Invest" and it automatically logs you in to the website. Could be in the app but this is next best thing.

• Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • edited 9 September at 4:31PM
    veryintriguedveryintrigued Forumite
    3.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 9 September at 4:31PM
    tomla said:
    My bonus seems to have been paid. £51.85 up on minimum investment to qualify. Seems strange.

Are you 100% sure i.e. you haven't forgotten that the initial month's payment was £100 (not £50).

Mine are showing as NatWest £199.28 and RBS £199.84 on minimum investment.
  • edited 9 September at 6:12PM
    alewinalewin Forumite
    102 posts
    Third Anniversary 10 Posts
    edited 9 September at 6:12PM
    Their whole system seems to be very weird and with delays. Is this a new platform?

I invested the original £100 in July then £50 from my account on 20 August. Yet my account shows an extra £50 monthly top up a few days later with no units.

I have only invested £150 so far, but my account is showing as £200 invested with the current value as basically £150, with a loss of £50, or 25%.

This months contribution, which will actually make it £200 for real, is due later in the month. The contract notes do not show the actual day that the units were bought, but days later.
  • alewinalewin Forumite
    102 posts
    Third Anniversary 10 Posts
    The erroneous £50 monthly top up has vanished now, after nearly two weeks.
    My account is now showing £150 invested which is the actual amount.
  • tomlatomla Forumite
    111 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    alewin said:
    The erroneous £50 monthly top up has vanished now, after nearly two weeks.
    My account is now showing £150 invested which is the actual amount.
    Same here. No bonus has been paid early then!
  • cjjhbncjjhbn Forumite
    40 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10 Posts
    When is the bonus payment due