340 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    tomla said:
    ischris85 said:
    ischris85 said:
    colsten said:
    ischris85 said:
    Just to note on this, I couldnt see anyway to delay the first monthly contribution. Anyway I have set it to end of the month contributions.
    You can "Stop monthly contributions for this investment", and then put it back to £50 a month in August.

Thank you Colsten. Hopefully that doenst break the below term :)
    "you don’t cancel your regular monthly contribution instruction at any point before 1 November 2020"

Update - in case anyone has made the same mistake
    I phoned Natwest Invest today and they said I would no longer be eligible now because I stopped the contributions :( nevermind 
    Which update is correct? 10th July where NatWest told you that you were eligible if first contribution before end of August or this one where you are not?
    At first they told me if would still qualify, then they phone me back to say he checked with a colleague and that I would no longer qualify.
  • AsgharAsghar Forumite
    300 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    ischris85 said:
    tomla said:
    ischris85 said:
    ischris85 said:
    colsten said:
    ischris85 said:
    Just to note on this, I couldnt see anyway to delay the first monthly contribution. Anyway I have set it to end of the month contributions.
    You can "Stop monthly contributions for this investment", and then put it back to £50 a month in August.

"you don’t cancel your regular monthly contribution instruction at any point before 1 November 2020"

I phoned Natwest Invest today and they said I would no longer be eligible now because I stopped the contributions :( nevermind 
    Which update is correct? 10th July where NatWest told you that you were eligible if first contribution before end of August or this one where you are not?
    At first they told me if would still qualify, then they phone me back to say he checked with a colleague and that I would no longer qualify.
    I don't see the problem in the first place. Just pay in an extra £50 to make £300 instead of the minimum £250 to quality for the cashback.
  • ischris85ischris85 Forumite
    340 posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Asghar said:
    ischris85 said:
    tomla said:
    ischris85 said:
    ischris85 said:
    colsten said:
    ischris85 said:

I don't see the problem in the first place. Just pay in an extra £50 to make £300 instead of the minimum £250 to quality for the cashback.
    I mistakenly thought I could stop the first payment.
  • thenewcomerthenewcomer Forumite
    120 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper

hello guys, please help. I am trying to open a Natwest invest account, with the aim of getting £50 cashback.

Under Create your plan-> How much do you want to invest -> single amount  and monthly amount

Do I put £100 under single amount and £50 under monthly amount?

Aim to retire by 45.
    120 posts
    I only want to invest the minimum sum to get the cashback.
    Thanks in advance.
    Aim to retire by 45.
    120 posts
    Please could someone who had open an account for the cash back reply
    Aim to retire by 45.
  • ian1246ian1246 Forumite
    144 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary
    Put £100 in initially & then £50 per month after. Dont cancel the monthly amount until you recieve your cashback....
    120 posts
    ian1246 said:
    Put £100 in initially & then £50 per month after. Dont cancel the monthly amount until you recieve your cashback....
    I got that.
    But is 'the initial money' the same as 'single amount'?
    Am I doing the right thing in the screenshot?
    Aim to retire by 45.
  • sparkiemalarkiesparkiemalarkie Forumite
    600 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    ian1246 said:
    I got that.
    But is 'the initial money' the same as 'single amount'?
    Am I doing the right thing in the screenshot?
    Yes
    120 posts
    Thanks. Thats clearer
    Aim to retire by 45.