🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

£50 Cashback with NatWest or RBS Invest

Options

Comments

• wmb194
    wmb194 Posts: 3,429 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    You have the choice of having the fee taken from a nominated current account* or from your investment i.e. selling units to cover it. IIRC you make this choice when setting up RBS/NatWest Invest but you can change it later through the Invest website in the user settings area.
    *With RBS if it's RBS Invest and NatWest with NatWest Invest.
  • veryintrigued
    Options
    wmb194 said:
    You have the choice of having the fee taken from a nominated current account* or from your investment i.e. selling units to cover it. IIRC you make this choice when setting up RBS/NatWest Invest but you can change it later through the Invest website in the user settings area.
    *With RBS if it's RBS Invest and NatWest with NatWest Invest.
    At last some fees are now apparent in my account. These weren't there yesterday first thing.

Date04/11/2020
    TransactionPlatform fee
    Unit price£1.20
    Number of units0.14
    Transaction£0.17
  • quirkydeptless
    quirkydeptless Posts: 1,222 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 6 November 2020 at 9:03AM
    Options
    My £1.01 pre-US election loss now turned into a £1.26 gain so banked my mighty profits Today :)
    Regular investment cancelled, so just a matter of waiting for the nice £50 to arrive.
    Shame didn't have an RBS account set up too, but have one now, hoping the offer will come round again.
    Retired 1st July 2021.
    This is not investment advice.
    Your money may go "down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... I got all tricked up and came up to this thing, lookin' so fire hot, a twenty out of ten..."
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just had this text. Nice to get confirmation that the bonus is scheduled as expected 👍Even though I am also due the Natwest bonus, I don’t expect to receive the same text from them, as I am using the same email for both banks. Their intertwined systems seemingly cannot cope with this. Not an issue as long as they pay up, which I am sure they will.
  • quirkydeptless
    Options
    colsten said:
    Just had this text. Nice to get confirmation that the bonus is scheduled as expected 👍
    Just got it too, for NatWest. So £51.26 up by 30th Nov  B)
    Retired 1st July 2021.
    This is not investment advice.
    Your money may go "down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... down and up and down and up and down and up and down ... I got all tricked up and came up to this thing, lookin' so fire hot, a twenty out of ten..."
  • veryintrigued
    Options
    colsten said:
    Just had this text. Nice to get confirmation that the bonus is scheduled as expected 👍Even though I am also due the Natwest bonus, I don’t expect to receive the same text from them, as I am using the same email for both banks. Their intertwined systems seemingly cannot cope with this. Not an issue as long as they pay up, which I am sure they will.
    I received the NatWest and RBS text messages within 25 mins of each other today.

Yesterday I'd already withdrawn the full amounts in both and stopped the monthly payments.

Note that my invest accounts are still open though

• veryintrigued
    Options
    colsten said:
    I received the NatWest and RBS text messages within 25 mins of each other today.

Yesterday I'd already withdrawn the full amounts in both and stopped the monthly payments.

Note that my invest accounts are still open though

PS thanks to Zanderman for the heads-up on this offer.
  • kaMelo
    kaMelo Posts: 2,434 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 15 November 2020 at 5:08PM
    Options
    RBS Invest is now visible in normal online banking rather than having to log in separately.
    Strangely not available in NatWest online banking. Not available in the app for either bank.
  • drob4
    drob4 Posts: 147 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    kaMelo said:
    RBS Invest is now visible in normal online banking rather than having to log in separately.
    Strangely not available in NatWest online banking. Not available in the app for either bank.
    You click on ‘Apply’ and then ‘Invest’ within each app, which will take you to your respective investment account. A bit quicker than logging in separately.
  • older_wiser
    older_wiser Posts: 2,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    still no text message regarding the payment of £50 i'm with natwest i'll leave it until the 30th and then contact them if no communication or no payment is made. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure