Best Thing You’ve Discovered In Lockdown

Options

Comments

• Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lawn Bowls. An easy to play game.  That gets you out in the fresh air. Easy to social distance as well. 
  • Poquito
    Poquito Posts: 48 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Lockdown has been great. It made me truly appreciate my family. My husband and daughter were ‘locked in’ with me and I’m grateful that we were/ are able to navigate lockdown without one argument or cross word with lots of fun and laughter. We just did the things we’d do outside,inside! I realised I’m more creative than I thought. I’d arrange parties on the weekends and we’d take the time to get glammed up to dance around the front room and eat nibbles and drink homemade cocktails. We’d have spa days and afternoon tea. 
  • AlexGomez
    Options
    I discovered aerial yoga! Best thing for my back. And I can do it at home since I bought the silk and hung it up on my ceiling... which means I stopped paying my gym membership (saved a lot of money by working out from home)...
  • mark1959
    mark1959 Posts: 554 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I realised that i didn't have to be on holiday to read my kindle.
  • ultimateflags
    Options
    I discovered that we can earn more online aside from our previous work. Since we lost jobs this lockdown.
  • RubyClarke2021
    Options
    I had a great in lockdown, I love plants and nature.

• london21
    london21 Posts: 2,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Renewed love and appreciation of people,
    More appreciative of good health,
    More self aware,
    The opportunity to work from home has been a blessing,
    More quality rest and sleep,
    and overall a new perspective on life.

• SappyOak
    Options
    Thankfully I have managed to really improve my money-saving skills. But the rediscovery of reading has been a joy and has helped a lot with lockdowns. Very happy to have rekindled (ha!) this old passion of mine. 
  • breaking_free
    breaking_free Posts: 764 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 22 October 2021 at 11:44AM
    Options
    SappyOak said:
     Very happy to have rekindled (ha!) this old passion of mine. 
    I see what you did there  :p I love my kindle and have been rediscovering the joys of reading too.
    "The problem with Internet quotes is that you can't always depend on their accuracy" - Abraham Lincoln, 1864
  • kippers
    kippers Posts: 2,061 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just curious…..a year or so later are people back to normal with their more frugal ways and slowing down in life?

lockdown was good to us too, we were very lucky to have money coming in as my dh now works from home which he loves and we have saved loads not going out spending on rubbish and for the first time ever this has helped us financially, especially with our dd at university.

me and my dd have just got over covid thankfully so thst is another thing i am very grateful for
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback