Best Thing You’ve Discovered In Lockdown

Options

Comments

• Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 7,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Off topic, sorry everyone- for most people work is just something we do to keep ourselves housed, fed and entertained. I've yet in my almost 50 years on this planet to meet someone who actually likes let alone loves what they do for work. Like I said, I hope and pray I never have to go back to the office and feel about ten thousand times better all in all, mentally and physically, working from home..
    I worked for a mental health charity for a number of years and was lucky enough to meet some world class psychiatrists.  They most definitely loved their work 
  • Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 7,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    JamoLew said:
    best thing i have found is how much money i spend on stuff I don't really need -- saved loads
    JamoLew said:
    best thing i have found is how much money i spend on stuff I don't really need -- saved loads
    I bet thousands of people have found this out.  
  • Gynx
    Gynx Posts: 37 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Country Hits Radio (now Absolute Radio Country) on DAB.

Never went near it before lockdowns
  • gavinaw
    gavinaw Posts: 25 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I know the lockdown and restrictions will be lifting soon, but the best news I've ever heard since the pandemic began is the Dear Evan Hansen movie!!!! Omg
  • Rey123
    Rey123 Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Don't know why but I became a total fitness freak during the lockdown. Got in the best shape of my life. Although I have lost some gains, I still dig my lockdown physique. 
  • AmberC3534
    Options
    Courtney black home workouts / app!! & the fact it made my boyfriend realise he wanted to move out with me (living with parents so were separated for a long time), we then saved really hard, and have now bought our first home together! 
  • newlywed
    newlywed Posts: 8,255 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That walking is good for me. Walked a total of 34 miles last week, managed a 12 mile walk recently, and just been on a 9 mile walk today. Though I have built up to that since November.

also discovered the bridle path maps online and apps such as footpath. Have discovered relative countryside walks within half an hour walk from where I live in a city, places I never knew about or have never been before.
    working on clearing the clutterDo I want the stuff or the space?
  • squirrelchops2
    squirrelchops2 Posts: 131 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 2 June 2021 at 9:31AM
    Options
    That youtube and a pair of clippers mean my OH can home groom our dog plus he does a fabulous job of it! The cost of the clippers will easily be recouped within 12 months v the cost of taking dog to the groomers.

I have also 'let go' of what I realised was a very toxic friendship and have to say this has increased my happiness ten fold.

A huge positive has been that I have also finally reconciled in my head that the job I currently have (which is at a much lower level than what I have previously worked at with the qualifications I have) is actually far better for my health and well being than the highly pressured and stressful job I used to do. I was battling constantly with looking at what my peers who i studied with were doing, how they were going up the ladder etc and I found it hard to not be thinking I should be doing that too. Sure, I earn a lot less money but I am so happy! Also my employer has proven during lockdown that they do care about their workforce and I have felt well looked after.

Finally and something I have only just discovered is the prolific surveys - I love doing them and earning a few quid is a bonus!

Been around since 2008 but somehow my profile was deleted!!!
  • GTR_King
    GTR_King Posts: 1,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    The best thing I discovered during the lock down just before Christmas was my PS5, Found it to be an amazing piece of kit, still using it now,
  • John_Howarth21
    Options
    The best thing I discovered during lockdown was not to take life for granted. Through these tough times it's made us realise what's important in life and from now on I will live everyday of my life with no regrets and live it to the fullest cause you don't know what's round the corner. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback