Wii's Spotted or Wanted. Please post all availability for the Wii here - Part 2

Comments

• nickp8 wrote: »
    Why quote the whole post?

It would useful to have all the useful links on the same post so people dont have to trawl through prevous pages. Other links can be added easily. Just a thought. :rolleyes:
  • mrnkar
    mrnkar Posts: 416 Forumite
    Sweaty_Gi wrote: »
    It would useful to have all the useful links on the same post so people dont have to trawl through prevous pages. Other links can be added easily. Just a thought. :rolleyes:
    Yeah good idea, how do we do that
  • Sweaty_Gi wrote: »

That is my aim ;)
  • mrnkar
    The only problem might be, if this thread gets as long as the previous one, people tend to only look at the last page as there are too many others to read through
  • asharon
    asharon Posts: 1,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    It would work better if they were all in the first post of the thread.
    Nice to save.
  • Sssssss
    Sssssss Posts: 1,094 Forumite
    bought my wii and 2nd remote yesterday and I think it's brillant... haven't stopped playin with it

for those of you waiting till xmas morning here's my experience

first thought when i open the box, OMG all these bits! but in the end it wasn't too bad to setup the console and get it going, the hardest part might be keeping the kids away until it's up and runnin. You may want to set it up the night before.

was just about to rush back to the shops with the 2nd remote to say it doesn't work, no lights no nothing. Lucky I saw in the manual that it needs to be syncronised with the wii, I would have looked a right !!!! in the shop, hope this saves some tears on xmas day

wii sports is really easy to play, the kids might not like it but mum and dad will love

setting up a mii was easy and they look so cool

xmas has come early in my house, merry christmas everyone :D
  • mrnkar
    Ok opinions needed please, We as a family are going back to my homeland (Belfast) for Christmas 21st - 27th. Due to limited luggage allowance etc, can't take the wii with me. What do I do
    1: Give them a envelope with a picture of a wii on it Christmas Day
    2: Keep it as a surprize gift when we get back
    3: Have Christmas early
  • cheekyweegit
    cheekyweegit Posts: 1,195 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hiya folks,

On the subject of ordering a mobile contract to get your Wii I've done just that with mobiles2yourdoor (part of phones4u I believe).

I ordered my phone a Samsung g600 on a 12 month clearance vodaphone contract at £40 a month giving me 500 mins and 500 texts with 4 months free line rental and £45 cashback from quidco.

Unfortunately my phone took 2 weeks to arrive (lack of phone stock) and the T&C state my Wii will be delivered 28 days after delivery of the phone but I live in hope that they will take it from my order date.

It actually works out by time you've taken the price of the Wii - £179.99, the 4 months free line rental, and the £45 quidco into account I'm actually in profit by £5 and if you wanted you could always sell the phone (going for over £200 on ebay). The phone in itself has come with all the accessories, including the bluetooth head set and 1gb memory card. I'm really pleased as I'm not having to shell out lots of money right away and thankfully my kids are a bit older (teenagers) so if it doesn't arrive in time, they know it will be there shortly after Christmas.

So it's worth a shot going for one with a mobile contract, especially if like me you are / were due to renew your contract anyway or thinking about getting one.

Hope this helps.
  • kate1967
    kate1967 Posts: 409 Forumite
    I would have Xmas early as a pic will not be the same.

Kate
    x
    Have lots more ‘Pending’
    But total money I’ve received from Cashback Sites by performing 'Daily Clicks' is ;
    APRIL 2007 - JAN 2008 = £2,800:money:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport