Wii's Spotted or Wanted. Please post all availability for the Wii here - Part 2

134689555

Comments

  • cb_999
    cb_999 Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    mouseman81 wrote: »
    Has anyone actually recieved their wii from Argos yet?

    I ordered the £240 package at 8:40ish yesterday morning, got the message about being unable to confirm the order but then rang up and they confirmed they had the order and it would be delivered between 7 and 3 today (i paid extra for saturday delivery)

    So far today, nothing has come even though i've been sure to stay in all day. Currently on the phone to Argos CS but have spent 45 mins so far listening to their hold music over and over and over...

    Anyone else from here recieved one or had any problems?

    Ta
    Matt


    dude, exact same story here , 42 mins and counting.... but I give up, don't have a landline and my brain is probably medium rare by now.
  • cb_999 wrote: »
    dude, exact same story here , 42 mins and counting.... but I give up, don't have a landline and my brain is probably medium rare by now.

    yeah, i got mine on speakerphone next to me, had to run off for the charger at one point too as i've been on the phone for so long! it's very annoying, i'm sure there were better ways i could've spent my saturday than waiting for a delivery then spending this long on the phone!

    If i get through before i lose the will to live i'll report back here and let you know
  • mamazaac
    mamazaac Posts: 659 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I remember someone saying recently that high school musical wii games are hard to come by. I managed to get one with buy and reserve at my local Argos yesterday and paid £34.99 but have just noticed that Asda and The Hut are selling them online for £59.93!! That's more than a lot of them are going for on ebay. I would maybe expect it from a smaller retailer like The Hut, but not Asda. Even saying they can't guarantee Xmas delivery. Sorry to go off topic, but this just made me mad
  • mouseman81 wrote: »
    Has anyone actually recieved their wii from Argos yet?

    I ordered the £240 package at 8:40ish yesterday morning, got the message about being unable to confirm the order but then rang up and they confirmed they had the order and it would be delivered between 7 and 3 today (i paid extra for saturday delivery)

    So far today, nothing has come even though i've been sure to stay in all day. Currently on the phone to Argos CS but have spent 45 mins so far listening to their hold music over and over and over...

    Anyone else from here recieved one or had any problems?

    Ta
    Matt

    same here - someone has raided the delivery dude
  • cb_999
    cb_999 Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    mouseman81 wrote: »
    yeah, i got mine on speakerphone next to me, had to run off for the charger at one point too as i've been on the phone for so long! it's very annoying, i'm sure there were better ways i could've spent my saturday than waiting for a delivery then spending this long on the phone!

    If i get through before i lose the will to live i'll report back here and let you know

    Nice one. I've sent them an email.... I might get through first with that......:rotfl:
  • cb_999 wrote: »
    Nice one. I've sent them an email.... I might get through first with that......:rotfl:

    I think you probably will mate! after an hour and 3 minutes a message simply said "goodbye" and i got cut off!!!

    you have no idea how hard it is typing this without making every other work an expletive!

    EDIT: Just decided to send them a strongly worded email via the website and got an error when i clicked submit, losing everything i had typed! Ever get the feeling it's just one of those days...
  • oops_a_daisy
    oops_a_daisy Posts: 2,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    mrnkar wrote: »
    Thought of something else, take the games with me and tell them on CD console is waiting for them when they get home:j:j:j

    can you take it out of the packaging and wrap it in you clothes in your luggage so that it doesnt get damaged :confused:
    :cool: Official DFW Nerd Club Member #37 Debt free Feb 07 :cool:
  • M_Thomson
    M_Thomson Posts: 1,596 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    mouseman81 wrote: »
    Has anyone actually recieved their wii from Argos yet?

    I ordered the £240 package at 8:40ish yesterday morning, got the message about being unable to confirm the order but then rang up and they confirmed they had the order and it would be delivered between 7 and 3 today (i paid extra for saturday delivery)

    So far today, nothing has come even though i've been sure to stay in all day. Currently on the phone to Argos CS but have spent 45 mins so far listening to their hold music over and over and over...

    Anyone else from here recieved one or had any problems?

    Ta
    Matt

    I got mine at 8:15am this morning.
  • I ordered the argos one at 7.30am friday morn and hopefully being delivered on monday between 12 and 6pm i did recieve an email 2 mins after ordering confirming my order im hoping and praying nothing goes wrong they have taken the money out of our account so hope thats a good sign.
    Became Debt Free 2009

    Saved Money Ever Since :j
  • mouseman81 wrote: »
    Has anyone actually recieved their wii from Argos yet?

    I ordered the £240 package at 8:40ish yesterday morning, got the message about being unable to confirm the order but then rang up and they confirmed they had the order and it would be delivered between 7 and 3 today (i paid extra for saturday delivery)

    So far today, nothing has come even though i've been sure to stay in all day. Currently on the phone to Argos CS but have spent 45 mins so far listening to their hold music over and over and over...

    Anyone else from here recieved one or had any problems?

    Ta
    Matt

    Matt, just got through to Argos and they advised that my delivery wont be arriving today even though I paid for saturday delivery!!! Crazy - blaming delivery company! it is going to be delivered on monday but im not home!! madness!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards