The DFW "Celebrate Christmas for free in 2008" Challenge

Options

Comments

• Ches
    Ches Posts: 1,120 Forumite
    Options
    May I join you all. I am off the starting block as I took Martins advice and applied for a Barclaycard and have just received my £50 voucher application form from them. Will pay off the bill in full and cancel the card now. I will also check how much I have on my Boots card and Nectar points as I have lost track. I have also got £1.50 Tesco voucher which I will put away.
    Mortgage and Debt free but need to increase savings pot. :think:
  • Ches
    Ches Posts: 1,120 Forumite
    Options
    Just remembered I have £70.41p in Co-op dividend which I have accrued over the last few years and haven't spent.
    Mortgage and Debt free but need to increase savings pot. :think:
  • chocaholic110
    Options
    Welcome to the new people!

Moneygypsy, I will definitely be looking to you for basket inspiration next year. You have done fabulously!

evanesco - what are the DVD's?

Ches - £70 in co-op dividend? WoW! I think the most I ever get is £1!
  • MERFE
    MERFE Posts: 2,133 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Count me in for this too, I want to have Christmas at home next year so gonna cost a little more to feed everyone. I am budgeting on needing 700 pounds for next year to include all prezzies, food drink, wrapping, cards and decorations.

Gonna be doing the stash in a bed draw, think that will really help to keep vouchers and any gifts there in the one place, so i can see what i have and what i haven't got.

Will be using pigsback vouchers, quidco, any survey money and anything into my paypal account from ebaying selling or from lightspeed etc. Also going to try a few car boots next year hopefully if oh can change jobs or have a few weekends as holiday. Also going to use boots points and nectar points (used to use these in adams as was a good deal but have just been saving them since they stopped taking them). Not going to use my tesco clubcard as am hoping to save that towards a butlins break for us for in the summer.

Will keep a note in sig once I've worked out everything I've got then update when new vouchers etc come in. this is such a good idea, I've never been so organised
  • ehallett
    ehallett Posts: 1,960 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone

Would love to join this so I get a free 2008 Christmas :D

I will mainly be using Pigsback to get vouchers and other survey sites to build up money that I will put in my new terramundi and won't open it until it comes to paying for Christmas.

Any vouchers I get from competitions/pigsback etc I'll put to one side and use them for presents. I've also got a Boots card which already has £6 worth of points on there so will try and build them up. My Tesco card is doing nicely too and I'll save any vouchers I get from that to use for Christmas presents.

Also, I do mystery shopping so will try and get some stocking fillers to put away for next year.

Another idea for this is looking on your local Freecycle site to see if there is anything you can use for a Christmas present (I have received some new items from there before) or something that you could sell and put the money towards Christmas. If I plan on selling the item then I always tell the person when I send them an email. A lot of people won't mind if you are upfront and honest about your intentions.

Good luck everyone :o

Emily x
  • sweetpea03
    Options
    morning everyone :hello:
    Gemmzie wrote: »
    Someone really has to teach me how to get points out of Pigsback, it just doesn't seem to work for me

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=594373

hi gemmzie, have you had a look at this thread on the freebies board? Basically when you sign in scroll down a bit then you will see lots of square pictures. If you click on the pics with the points underneath they should show up straight away. Then go back to Home & keep refreshing the page until some more show up. You can make extra points by signing up to sites & hopefully winning competitions! hth :)

I have done my clicks today & worked out I made £1.34 from yesterdays so if I can do this each day I think I could reach my target :)
  • ~evanesco~
    Options
    evanesco - what are the DVD's?

Erm, magical Christmas ones, you know the sort, old family favourites, starting with a Christmas Carol yesterday. I've also got 2 mystery shopping assignments this week, no spend ones too, which I love, since I don't have to wait to get back the fee for my purchases. That'll be £20 going in to next years pot. I have to be quick with my assignments, as there is someone else in my region who usually gets to them before me, what with me being at work all day, but I grabbed both of these :D
  • jo_b_2
    jo_b_2 Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm going to update all my totals tomorrow and hopefully get into the habit of checking my totals every Monday. This should then keep the momentum up for the rest of the week! :D

Today (as part of the £10 a day challenge as well) I've signed up to ipoints. I've heard mixed feedback about them but I'll give them a go. I signed up through Topcashback and should get 80p just for joining anyway (Providing it tracks!!) :rolleyes:

I've earned 450 ipoints already (about £2.25) You can redeem rewards from 680 points for a free personalised Moonpig card or can get bigger rewards (CDs/DVDs etc) for more points.

I'll give them a shot! :D
  • ~evanesco~
    Options
    jo_b wrote: »
    I'm going to update all my totals tomorrow and hopefully get into the habit of checking my totals every Monday. This should then keep the momentum up for the rest of the week! :D

Today (as part of the £10 a day challenge as well) I've signed up to ipoints. I've heard mixed feedback about them but I'll give them a go. I signed up through Topcashback and should get 80p just for joining anyway (Providing it tracks!!) :rolleyes:

I've earned 450 ipoints already (about £2.25) You can redeem rewards from 680 points for a free personalised Moonpig card or can get bigger rewards (CDs/DVDs etc) for more points.

I'll give them a shot! :D

I seem to think you can get ipoints for some surveys too, I know I get offers, but never do them, something I will change from now, since every little helps.
  • jo_b_2
    jo_b_2 Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ~evanesco~ wrote: »
    I seem to think you can get ipoints for some surveys too, I know I get offers, but never do them, something I will change from now, since every little helps.

They have an offer for Surveys.com (GFK) which apparantly pay in ipoints for the surveys. You also get 300 points for signing up (£1.50) but the sign-up process is playing up for me! :rolleyes:

There's a code to validate the sign-up but the numbers aren't showing up for me and I just get a blank box so can't proceed! :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure