The DFW "Celebrate Christmas for free in 2008" Challenge

1525354555658»

Comments

• nickynoo08
    nickynoo08 Posts: 1,860 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hiya everyone, is this challenge carrying forward for next year too? If it is i would love to join please. I did a similar thing myself this year and managed to pay for 90% of all my xmas goodies so far. I started collecting my points, free money and vouchers early in the year as i knew my job wasnt secure and i've been really pleased with what i've managed to achieve. There's some really good ideas on this thread that i'll defo be using for next xmas.
    £387.39/£196.46
    Pay my debt by End of Feb 2022
    49.28% paid!

£199.55/£500 savings by End of April 2022
    39.91% saved!

Make £2022 in 2022 - £20
  • Smamfer wrote: »
    Hi all can someone help.. I have had my nectar card for ruddy ages and i know i have something silly like 20,000 points on it... how do i convert them pls?

Thanks in advance

Ohh that's a nice amount. When you go to pay in Argos just ask to pay using your Nectar card and they take the points off. They can only take ijn increments of £2.50 (500 points?) so you get change if they have to take more points than you've spent.

I will probably start a board like this ust after Christmas if there are enough people who want to join again - you' be more than welcome, Nickynoo
  • Smamfer
    Smamfer Posts: 2,473 Forumite
    Ohh that's a nice amount. When you go to pay in Argos just ask to pay using your Nectar card and they take the points off. They can only take ijn increments of £2.50 (500 points?) so you get change if they have to take more points than you've spent.

I will probably start a board like this ust after Christmas if there are enough people who want to join again - you' be more than welcome, Nickynoo

ok thick moment here lol... so i can buy stuff from argos without actually spending money or do you mean i can only spend like 2.50 at a time in a shop as in 2.50 worth of points and then money? God im so slow at times lol
    ~~Gonna Buy Me A Shrimp Farm Bubba~~
  • So how pleased am I that I started this thread? OH was made redundant last week. Luckily for us (well, more for the kids) Christmas is already covered!

Who's up for it next year?

Me! I think its a brilliant idea!! I tried this year and have managed to use a lot of vouchers and points. but it wasn't all free!

xx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
    ok thick moment here lol... so i can buy stuff from argos without actually spending money or do you mean i can only spend like 2.50 at a time in a shop as in 2.50 worth of points and then money? God im so slow at times lol

Lol, no you can spend as much as you like up to the amount of points you have but if you spend say, £11.99 they will take £12.50 points, for example. Sorry I might not be very clear!
    Hi all can someone help.. I have had my nectar card for ruddy ages and i know i have something silly like 20,000 points on it... how do i convert them pls?

Thanks in advance

I had a lot more than that and never realised..i logged onto the site( you open an account) and then spent them on cd's DVD's and there is a lot of choice. Service very good was there within a week and from China..lol:rotfl:
    Blackadder: Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words 'I have a cunning plan' marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?
    Still lurking around with a hope of some salvation:cool:
  • 98sidney
    98sidney Posts: 434 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Whilst I have my childrens my brothers and parents pressies. As well as my friends and their kids all done.. I am still waiting for a DVD Wish list from my uncle so nope failed to get everything wrapped up by Nov 1st.. I really enjoyed this thread this year and cant wait to start all over again..
    ♥♥♥Life is too short to wake up with regrets ♥ So love the people who treat you right. ♥ Forget about the one’s who don’t ♥ Believe everything happens for a reason ♥ If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands ♥ If it changes your life, let it ♥ Nobody said life would be easy, they just promise it would be worth it ♥
  • nickynoo08
    nickynoo08 Posts: 1,860 Forumite
    Really looking forward to next years challenge. I've just had a look at how much i've got saved up so far for next year.....

Boots - £19.31 - hoping for £100 as i get a lot of pressies here.
    Nectar - 3448pts - hope to have 10,000 to use in either sainsbugs or argos
    shop and scan - 1250pts - hope to have £60 worth for hmv
    lightspeed - 2210pts (i'll prob be using these for my last xmas pressie this year) - hope to have £60 for hmv or amazon
    Tesco stamps - £3 - hope to have £100 min for xmas food and gifts.

I've also joined the sealed pot challenge too hoping for £300 r more in that to go towards driving lessons or car maybe. Havent told him this i'm trying to keep it as a suprise for him.
    £387.39/£196.46
    Pay my debt by End of Feb 2022
    49.28% paid!

£199.55/£500 savings by End of April 2022
    39.91% saved!

Make £2022 in 2022 - £20
  • 98sidney
    98sidney Posts: 434 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all its official I have finished my shopping for this year. And in no debt what so ever as a result well happy..

I will be doing the same next year, and will be doing the sealed pot challenge again..

Will carry on doing my surveys and my click throughs and again start early on my xmas shopping for 2009..
    ♥♥♥Life is too short to wake up with regrets ♥ So love the people who treat you right. ♥ Forget about the one’s who don’t ♥ Believe everything happens for a reason ♥ If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands ♥ If it changes your life, let it ♥ Nobody said life would be easy, they just promise it would be worth it ♥
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure