Easyjet cancellations and refunds

Options
I have a flight booked with Easyjet which has been cancelled due to restrictions. Easyjet have sent me options to switch flights but the flights were for an event that is not being re-scheduled so I just want a refund. I have tried calling (the number automatically hangs up on you), emailing their customer service team (I got an auto response stating the email address is not longer in service) and they have turned off their online messenger system. Does anyone have any recommendations of contacting Easyjet to get a refund?

Comments

• bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,105 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The only advice will be to carry on trying to call them, if you have the time, or leaving it and trying again at a later time.  All travel companies are having unprecedented volumes of calls/emails/webchats etc due to the situation. 

All airlines/tour operators/travel agents are trying to get people to take rebooking options rather than refunds at this time.  There has been some lobbying of Government, and I believe EU, to temporarily relax the laws stating they must offer a refund.  I believe though that in the UK at least this was in respect to package holidays, not sure if flight only with the airline would be included or not.  There's mixed reports out there and no definitive answer from Government at this time.
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,445 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 23 March 2020 at 10:53PM
    Options
    I logged into our booking on the mobile app and managed to press on 'get refund' and it now says 'refund being processed'
    I guess we will just have to wait :(
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 2,202 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    J_B said:
    I logged into our booking on the mobile app and managed to press on 'get refund' and it now says 'refund being processed'
    I guess we will just have to wait :(
    Was yours already cancelled by them J_B?
  • Medess74
    Options
    I have also been offered to change flight, but without them refunding, I cant get my holiday money back. I can't foresee the future, we already have next years holiday booked so this isn't helpful.
  • Midlothian
    Options
    Easyjet appear to have pulled the refund option from their Manage Bookings section, also their Customer Services online chat and telephone lines seem to be closed.  Has anyone else experienced similar problems when trying to claim a refund this week for a cancelled Easyjet flight?

My partner received an email from Easyjet yesterday informing her that her flight from Edinburgh to London this coming Friday has been cancelled and offering her the option to select another flight or to obtain a refund, by using the Manage Bookings section on their website. This didn't come as a surprise.

However, when we tried to claim the refund this morning the site was only offering her the option to book another flight, and there was no refund option displayed. I have used the refund option previously, so I do know what it looks like and how it works. We also noted that their online chat service was closed, so we tried calling customer services but the automated message implies that both options (change flight and refund) are available through the Manage Bookings section online and then cuts off. There is no option to speak to anyone.
  • crystalclear
    Options
    I am only getting option to change flight too, no refund button.
    Cannot get through on phone, they just cut me off every time I call
    Do you think emailing for refund would work, my original flight was for 27th March so not a lot of time left to make contact if I need to do it before that date.

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have similar issue. Flight from London to Edinburgh tomorrow cancelled.
    Unable to manage online -maybe this is due to the return having already been cancelled and refunded 
    "Unable to manage disruption
    Unable to manage this booking online

We're sorry, you cannot manage the booking online. This might be because someone else in the booking has already managed the disruption. The booking can only be managed as a whole so please contact your fellow travellers. If this isn't the case, please contact our customer service team"

Booking is for one person (daughter) I call the number for customer service team and it says they are closed..

I have kept screenshots of the "We are very sorry your flight has been cancelled. Please choose a free flight change to another flight, or a full refund of the cost of your flight and any directly related un-flown sectors within the same booking"

I have posted on their social media for a solution

• David_Drummond
    Options
    Easyjet seem to be avoiding responsibility and hoping people will just give up and take the re-book option. I have a trip to Prague booked with them commencing April 17 and returning April 29. The Czech Gvt has closed its borders to anyone trying to enter from the UK (and many other countries) yet Easyjet still shows these flights as valid and bookable. So far, I cannot cancel and request a refund. I booked my hotel via Expedia and they have been brilliant in immediately offering me a full refund for the booking (even though my reservation was originally non-refundable!). Yesterday I read that Easyjet was supposedly grounding its entire fleet from today so I am just waiting to see whether they will contact me to say the flight is cancelled. I am not sure what my rights are given the terms & conditions but thought that if the F&C office advises British citizens not to travel to the Czech Republic and the measures imposed last night on everyone not to travel, surely these terms are no longer applicable. Any thoughts?
  • Malhoo
    Options
    I am only getting option to change flight too, no refund button.
    Cannot get through on phone, they just cut me off every time I call
    Do you think emailing for refund would work, my original flight was for 27th March so not a lot of time left to make contact if I need to do it before that date.

My date is the same. I have already tried emailing a response to their original email and emails their complaints email but got a response saying that the email address was no longer in use.
  • rfiona
    Options
    Hello, Easyjet cancelled my flight from Glasgow to Belfast on 19/3 but my Easyjet flight from Belfast to Edinburgh on 22/3 did go ahead. Easyjet's webchat is not working and their phone helpline automated message said they were too busy and hung up on me. How do I get a no-show confirmation letter from Easyjet for insurance? I've tried emailing customer.support@easyJet.com but not reply. What can I do? Thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback