5 months to emerge as a butterfly

edited 6 April 2020 at 8:50AM in Debt Free Diaries
644 replies 83.9K views

Replies

• benbenandmebenbenandme Forumite
    11.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Work went well today, when I got up for some reason I decided to try on my favourite pair of non-fitting work trousers and they fit!! I haven't been able to get into them for 4 years so this totally made my day :) I've had loads of people today asking me how I've managed to lost so much weight, made my day :) I have also eaten again today, I had some porridge with unsweetened almond milk and raspberries for breakfast and some chicken for lunch and am about to have some cashew nuts now. 
    In not so good news the date at the weekend isn't happening now, he's gone and deleted his profile :( Why do people do that?? I'd done a reverse image of his photo and nothing came up on that, so not sure what that's all about but it looks like I need to start looking again :( 
    Mortgage Total: £62,273 / £75,000 Mortgage End Date: May 2040
    2021 Boiler Savin,gs: £2180 / £2856
    11.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Work was good again today, lots more compliments about my weightloss :) I did take lunch in with me but just as I was about to eat my chicken a fly landed on it, so that ended up going straight in the bin :( I did have some cheese and salad so ate those. Tonight I'm having some more salmon with noodles. 
    It's a footie evening so will be enjoying that :)
    11.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today was a working from home today, to be honest it was too hot to do much so I have had a bit of a lazy one. The roads around here are absolutely gridlocked, so many people have come to the beach it's bonkers. 
    Another detox day nearly done, nothing new to add on that front really.
    11.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning, bathroom cleaned, bedroom cleaned, kitchen cleaned :) Now to think what I am going to do with the rest of my day ... I do need to take the old sofa cushions to the tip, they're not heavy and will free up quite a bit of space in the garage.  
    More post came for Mr S yesterday, its his driving licence (had to send it away for points), he said he'd come round and collect it last night but I don't want him here so I said I'll pop it round to his over the weekend. 

Ds stayed in last night (very rare these days) and we had a good chat and took the dog for a walk in the forest. He's working this morning but I expect he'll be at his friends for the rest of the day after that. 

There isn't much Premier league footie on this weekend so I won't be sat watching that all weekend, I do want to be quite active, the weight is shifting and so I need to start upping the exercise to tone up a bit. I might finally start some yoga (been promising that for years), and a good long walk or two are needed. I have thought about going back to my running but every time I end up with an injury and then it just gets me down. I can't afford another pair of trainers, there are other things I need more. On that front I did look at my monthly budget last night and even with Mr S gone i can cover everything - it will be tight, I will have £162 left a month after all bills / food / petrol is paid. It sounds okay but in reality that is to cover clothes, haircuts, going out, any over spends on the food/petrol budgets, any other unexpected expenses. So things are do-able but will be tight. It might make me get back to the matched betting and the surveys properly though as any extras I can make that way can top up the fund.
    11.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, today I am going to sort the banking for the month, then sort out my spreadsheet for my surveys etc. I need to get more organised again and get back to regularly using Shopmium and Checkoutsmart. I have been good with scanning receipts on Zipzero, I have £28 on there at the moment that I can cash in against my council tax bill :) 
    The weather looks pants outside at the moment, it might be a bit of a sofa day and a getting my life back on track financially day :)
    11.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I have checked all the end of month banking stuff and basically I have £53 left until payday on Wednesday which is great as I have petrol, might need some food bits but nothing major. I had a food slot booked for Monday but might cancel it, I have the time to go there now and get the shopping, I still have 2 full freezers of stuff, time to get back to frugal Benbenandme :):) 
  • pixiechick99pixiechick99 Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can do it!
    Just remember, frugal benbenandme was my first inspiration all those years ago when I first arrived on MSE! Good luck😋👍🏼
    I really need to sort out a new signature!
    11.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Pixie, I am looking forward to the challenge again in a funny sort of way :) I don't spend that much time on here anymore, it will be nice to get back into the boards and reading the weekly email properly again. I have already cancelled Mondays Tesco delivery - I don't need much, the freezer is still packed full, I'll just go and get the stuff myself. That's £4 I don't need to spend on the delivery charge already. 
    Today is a wet miserable day here so I'm going to take the dog out in a bit and get some of today's steps done, then it will be a getting myself organised moneywise kinda day. My car insurance is due so I need to look around for a better offer as the premium is £30 more than last year for no real reason. Quite looking forward to today now :) 
  • pixiechick99pixiechick99 Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only come on here to read your posts! I must get back to it properly too - I got rid of all my debt in february (thanks to dad😊) so I now need to keep debt free and be careful. A TA wage doesnt stretch too far😳 
    I'm having a weekend on my own so I might organise myself a bit more...its strangely exciting!😂
    I really need to sort out a new signature!
  • DrawingalineDrawingaline Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are looking at doing yoga, the 30day challenge on YouTube (with adrienne)is good. I must get back too it!
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉