5 months to emerge as a butterfly

edited 6 April 2020 at 9:50AM in Debt Free Diaries
612 replies 78.4K views

Replies

• lellybunlellybun Forumite
    318 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    well done on the detox and weight loss.  i am doing intermittent fasting and the fast 800 way of eating - michael mosley’s one.   best one ever.  i have lost 12lbs in last 7 and a half weeks, it’s been easy and never hungry.  making a lot of his recipes now have the time, dog giving them to dh too, but with extra rice, potatoes etc.  he has lost 10lbs and down to his weight he was when we got married!  he thinks the meals are fab too.  I highly recommend this diet/way of eating.  only 2lbs to go to my ideal fighting weight ever, so chauffeured.   glad you have lost yr heartburn and have a clearer head etc.  shows what putting the wrong food should into our body can do for us 😂
    the word dog above is a typo.   don’t have a dog.  🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Do you have a chauffeur tho?? Smiley face!!
    2012 Make £10 a day

Dec £20.96/£310
  • savingmoresavingmore Forumite
    611 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    ha ha.   i will blame predictive text🤣🤣.  if only.......chuffed i think it was meant to be!
  • benbenandmebenbenandme Forumite
    11.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all, I did try fasting once but right now this no sugar thing is definitely working for me :) Today is day 12, just had dinner which was a jacket potato with butter and cheese, salad and bacon :)
    I'm still keeping up my daily steps, 10k every day since the start of the Easter holidays.
    So it's the weekend now, not much planned, then back to school on Monday. For the next 5 weeks I'm doing Mon/Wed/Fri with my year group, I can't wait to see them, I've missed them so much :)
    Mr S has gone out for a ride on his bike for the evening so I've got a nice night to myself, I've had a nice bath and dinner, now I'm going to mooch online, watch some trash on the telly, slap some fake tan on and just chill :)

Mortgage Total: £62,273 / £75,000 Mortgage End Date: May 2040
    2021 Boiler Savin,gs: £2180 / £2856
  • savingholmessavingholmes Forumite
    15.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope next week goes well for you.
    During 2021: Target 1) Clear CC debt £1370 1329 to go @ 0% Target 2) Lose weight 3) Write regularly 38113/70000 words Book 2 4) Promote book(s) 5) Develop passive income streams 6) Build 3-6 mths EF 7) Declutter
  • benbenandmebenbenandme Forumite
    11.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This morning I was busy posting on facebook and Instagram for my cards - we have released 2 Rainbow charity cards that are really lovely, so lots of emailing and sorting done there. Then Mr S and I took the dog for a nice long walk in the forest, we came back just in time before the rain started and are now chilling out on the sofa for the afternoon. I only need to do another couple of thousand steps so that's all good. 
    Dinner tonight is Spanish omelette and homemade chips with salad :) Nothing much else to report today, I did do some clothes shopping this morning online, mainly stuff for work. I ordered 3 pairs of trousers, a jumper, a pair of boots and a pair of wedges. Some will probably end up going back as you can never quite tell online what it looks like, but hopefully it will be okay.

15.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad things are going well. Congrats on the weightloss
    During 2021: Target 1) Clear CC debt £1370 1329 to go @ 0% Target 2) Lose weight 3) Write regularly 38113/70000 words Book 2 4) Promote book(s) 5) Develop passive income streams 6) Build 3-6 mths EF 7) Declutter
  • edited 16 June 2020 at 10:41AM
    benbenandmebenbenandme Forumite
    11.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 16 June 2020 at 10:41AM
    So, as an example of my improved energy, this morning I got up, showered etc, had breakfast, tidied away bits & pieces downstairs, loaded the dishwasher, took Mr S to work (20 minutes each way), have done 2 loads of washing, cleaned the kitchen floor, collected a parcel from the local collection point, took the old fence panels to the tip, took the car and had it valeted, have done about 10 phone calls for work, hoovered downstairs and it's just gone half 10 :):) 
    I also weighed myself today and my weight now begins with a different number :) Long way still to go but I am so happy with how this is going!
  • savingmoresavingmore Forumite
    611 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    blimey....i felt like I had done a workout reading your list, and nearly spat out my tea when you said it was only 10.30🤪. I want some of what you are on!!!!!!
    15.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds amazing. Well done you.