5 months to emerge as a butterfly

edited 6 April 2020 at 9:50AM in Debt Free Diaries
578 replies 72.6K views

Replies

• dingalingdingaling Forumite
    54 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hi:) I don’t eat breakfast either so the last few months I have been doing intermittent fasting. It has been so good for me personally. I’m really maintaining my weight fairly easily now. I lost 5 stone 18 months ago and am keeping it off so far. Maybe something for you to look at too. I fast from 10pm till 2pm although I don’t really eat after 8pm. Oh and I’m allergic to exercise 😂
  • benbenandmebenbenandme Forumite
    11.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did try intermittent fasting a few years ago - I became obsessed with watching the clock though :)
    So today was day 4, still doing fine, no withdrawal symptoms to report which I'm amazed at. I'm still hitting my 10,000 steps every day and am drinking 2 litres of water a day too. 
    Mortgage Total: £63,365 / £75,000 Mortgage End Date: May 2040
    2021 Boiler Savings: £2045 / £2856
  • savingholmessavingholmes Forumite
    15.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats both on diet progress. 
    During 2021: Target 1) Clear CC debt £1370 1357 to go @ 0% Target 2) Lose weight 3) Write regularly 38113/70000 words Book 2 4) Promote book(s) 5) Develop passive income streams 6) Build 3-6 mths EF 7) Declutter
    11.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Savingholmes, day 5 is almost done too, I am feeling better for it already, definitely not so tired in the evenings, my heartburn has just disappeared (I normally take Rennie every day), and I think my belly looks a bit smaller but it might just be wishful thinking :) I'm not weighing myself daily, I might do it once a week or maybe just wait until the end of the 30 days.
    So the weekend is here, nothing planned but it's very welcome after my first week back at work :)

11.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So week one of the sugar detox is done and I weighed myself this morning and have lost 5lbs :) I'm really chuffed as the main aim of this wasn't weight loss, although it's a very welcome side effect :) 
    So far I can definitely say my head feels so much clearer, I am not having that afternoon slump when I want to nap - my energy levels are much more consistent throughout the day, and rather than struggling to stay awake at 9.30 pm I am fine until about 10.30 but when I do go to bed I am falling straight to sleep.  I haven't had heartburn, and haven't had the grumpiness or other withdrawal symtpoms that I expected to get. So far it's going great although I do need to look at mixing up what I'm eating a bit as I'm tending to have the same stuff most days. Bring on week two! :)
    This week I'm working from home (we're on a rota at school), so am looking forward to being here and catching up on some housework bits too. It will be interesting to see if I find it harder to stick to the detox being at home although I managed fine over the weekend. 
    Today I have an online meeting at 10, another at 11, Tesco's shopping is being delivered between 12-1 and I need to collect my dry-cleaned duvet before 1 too. Other than that the plan is to get some steps in, do some housework and do my schoolwork. Have a good day all !!
    15.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's an amazing weight loss - well done you! Phenomenal.
    During 2021: Target 1) Clear CC debt £1370 1357 to go @ 0% Target 2) Lose weight 3) Write regularly 38113/70000 words Book 2 4) Promote book(s) 5) Develop passive income streams 6) Build 3-6 mths EF 7) Declutter
    11.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Day 10 of the detox and I'm doing fine :) I do feel a lot better, I have lots more energy, consistently throughout the day, my head feels clearer and sharper. Last night Mr S sat eating a bag of wine gums and I could happily have eaten the lot for him but chose to have a bath instead :)
    Normally I'm struggling to stay awake past 9 / 9.30pm but last night I was still fine at 11. Again I fell straight to sleep in seconds when I went to bed but I didn't feel exhausted like normal :)
    Today my kids are finding out which days they are back in school, each student gets 3 days before the summer in total, so my inbox is likely to be going crazy once that info goes out to them. I'm going to try to get lots of bits and pieces done before that as I know I will have to make a billionty phone calls once they know :)
    15.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done on the detox and good luck on the school stuff. 
  • savingmoresavingmore Forumite
    611 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    well done on the detox and weight loss.  i am doing intermittent fasting and the fast 800 way of eating - michael mosley’s one.   best one ever.  i have lost 12lbs in last 7 and a half weeks, it’s been easy and never hungry.  making a lot of his recipes now have the time, dog giving them to dh too, but with extra rice, potatoes etc.  he has lost 10lbs and down to his weight he was when we got married!  he thinks the meals are fab too.  I highly recommend this diet/way of eating.  only 2lbs to go to my ideal fighting weight ever, so chauffeured.   glad you have lost yr heartburn and have a clearer head etc.  shows what putting the wrong food should into our body can do for us 😂