PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Friday 30th November.

Options

Comments

• Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    patentgirl wrote: »
    Pooky have you been to the new shopping centre yet I wondered how big the Asda was?

Yes I have been for a quick wander round - not that impressed to be honest - there's only about 10 shops.

The Asda however is fantastic - it's huge! There's a seperate George clothes shop downstairs too. Well worth a visit.

Talking of Asda, DD2 is singing carols there tomorrow pm so will have to go pull silly faces at her whilst she's concentrating :D

Well the Sky man has been - was here less than an hour and was so polite and tidy - I was very impressed and think I might even write a letter of praise to them.

Choccie fountain was great last night - I can kid myself that it's fairly good for you as DD's ate a whole mountain of fruit.

Todays plans include sorting the freezer so I can get the turkey this weekend and writing a final list of what I need for Xmas and my parents Ruby anniversary party - I'm catering for 18 for the party so need to get my backside into gear and get some bits made for the freezer so I'm not rushing around at the last minute.

Dinner tonight will be freezer surpise - got lots of bits and bobs to use up - love those sort of dinners.

I must get some more pressies wrapped too - best I get a move on.

Have a great day all.
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Pink...I'm with you on housework, but will have to put in a few days between now and 18th Dec, which is the day our decorations, tree etc will be done...can't handle any earlier than that as they all look so tatty before 6th January if they go up earlier.

Hester...so sorry for your colleague and family...will be at a funeral to-morrow of 44yo who had brain haemorrhage the other day...really sad just before Christmas

Trying to rearrange kitchen atm, seems that I have so much s**t to get rid of and so many things stored in kitchen that should be somewhere else.

Hugs to all who are feeling under the weather for any reason...Roz, hope that your money has been sorted out by now.

Love to all

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • pollyanna24
    pollyanna24 Posts: 4,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello everyone (was going to say Morning, but by the time I'm finished, it probably won't be!) :o

Miolere - paprika pork sounds yummy, can I have the recipe please? I only ever use paprika with goulash, but have loads in the house. I'm on a mission to try a new recipe once or twice a month cos I'm getting bored with the same ole things.

My parents are Irish, so our meals were always Meat, Spuds, Veg. Guess that's a good distribution of the various nutritiony bits.

Mrs Macawber - I'm also on a diet. I have Special K for breakie and lunch and then whatever I want for my dinner. It would be too much hassle to cook two meals because I'm on a diet.

Pipkin71 - Saw that you bought 4 chickens and are going to bulk cook them. I've been looking for recipes that I can use whole chickens with (besides plain ole roasts of course), but the only thing I make at the moment is shredded chicken which I add to rice and peas while I'm cooking it. Tesco have stopped doing the half price chicken breasts that I used to use, so want cheaper chicken recipes.

Roz - Not sure exactly what's going on with your wages, but it sounds as if it is something similar to what happened to my bf. Wages didn't go in on time, dd came out (luckily we had enough in account) and the company had to pay everyone's charges (well I had say "had," but maybe they did it out of the goodness of their hearts!).

dlb - just thought I'd add that I'm always clockwatching, work is soooo boring!

Not doing any OS today as we are going out for dinner to use up the last of my November pin money (hey, I'm allowed to treat myself) and bf is going home at lunch and will start loading the washing machine as we are going away for the weekend and need to have the washing done before we go. He will get a load on, and I will able to do maybe two more this evening.

Ho hum, think that's it for me now. Gona put a post on the normal board about turkey as my dad wants to know if I want one that he's get free from Bingo!!
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
    (End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
    (End 2022) - Target £116,213.81
  • patentgirl
    patentgirl Posts: 1,028 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Pooky thanks for that will try and get over to Asda at weekend that is my sort of thinking about the choc fountain with all that fruit it cant help but be healthy!
    Frugal challenge 2024

• catznine
    catznine Posts: 3,192 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thank you Pink! I was beginning to feel invisable lol Seriously it was a big thing for me to pick up the confidence to even attend the interview let alone after a tooth extraction!;)
    Our days are happier when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind.

Jan grocery challenge £35.77/£120
  • mrs_mix
    mrs_mix Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All
    back from docs ds2 has still got a chest infection and now has more antibiotics
    :hello: Aussie :hello: shez:hello: ellie:hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: and everyone else
    I drove the car ok in fact I found it easier than walking
    Churchmouse you seem to have me summed up determined more stubborn I think
    nearly finished the christmas shopping just bits and bobs now and dh of course
    see you later
    pam xx
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you

I am one of the English sexy Shelias
    I'm also a hussy
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning all :wave:

JackieO, sorry you're not sleeping, did you know Mitch Albom has a new book out called For One More Day - yes it's a weepy, but I know you enjoy his books

Hi Charlies Mum, yes I bought it when I was on holiday in America in April, you're right it is a bit of a weepie but an excellent book which when you read it show how transitory life can be .I came home from my holiday, and had the mammogram which showed up my cancer. At least i didn't have that worry before I went and I am so glad that I was still able to get a mammogram as I had no lumps,bumps or symptoms at all.
    Still onwards and upwards I am looking forward to next year and my life getting back to 'normal' again.:beer:
  • pipkin71
    pipkin71 Posts: 21,821 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon everyone:xmassmile

I've popped back on for a few minutes, as I have finished giving the livingroom a good clean, and now it's ready for the :xmastree: on Sunday.

DD2 is in for it though, as I found sweetie wrappers, dirty socks and dirty undies :eek: shoved under the sofa :mad:. Little madam that she is.

Pipkin71 - Saw that you bought 4 chickens and are going to bulk cook them. I've been looking for recipes that I can use whole chickens with (besides plain ole roasts of course), but the only thing I make at the moment is shredded chicken which I add to rice and peas while I'm cooking it. Tesco have stopped doing the half price chicken breasts that I used to use, so want cheaper chicken recipes.

Hi pollyanna24:wave:

Using the white meat, I will be making
    • chicken nuggets
    • tandoori chicken
    • chicken pies
    • freezing some in gravy for your normal roast
    • freezing some in a white sauce for chicken pasta bake
    With the dark meat, I will be making
    • chicken curry
    • chicken burgers
    • sweet and sour chicken
    • chicken chasseur
    This will probably take me the next couple of days but it saves time cooking throughout the month then, as we just need to heat up our HM ready meals:T

Off for a bit of a blitz in the kitchen now before the shopping arrives, or I run out of steam.

Pipkin xxxx

Glad you're able to get around more now mrs-mix. Try not to overdo it though xxx
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    just popped on to say :beer: :j catznine, well done on your job success xxx
  • Shez
    Shez Posts: 2,180 Forumite
    Options
    Hello everyone!:hello:

My gym is starting to look abit swanky (its havin a refurb) had new machines and tv's - doesnt make the exercising any easier though:p :rotfl:
    Broadcasting unit there again today, must have wanted to catch me "The Domestic goddess" keeping fit!!:rotfl: sadly no Colin Firth either - so no Pride & Prejudice Eastenders version!!:p

Tomorrow DH & I have a kiddy-free day (off to nannys for sleepover;) ) and we are going to the Tutankhamun Exhibition at the O2, also might have a go at their Ice Rink!!! Xmas decks will be going up on sunday!! :rudolf: :xmastree:

I'm a Celeb: Yes I like Biggins, although he hasnt done much really has he?? whereas Janice has been good entertainment value!:D

Redruby - Have a good day down here tomorrow, weather is supposed to be good tomorrow so you should get nice views from the Eye! and shouldnt be too choppy on Old Father Thames!;)
    MrsMix - glad yr up and about:j
    Catznine - Good luck with going back to work, what job are you doing??
    Roz - hope you get yr money situation sorted.
    snowy - I hope your car has been cleaned by now!!;) or was it having a service aswell?????? ;);) :rotfl:
    hester - havent read yesterdays thread yet, but obviously something has happened to yr friends xx
    penpen - glad yr friends are ok, still shakes you up though doesnt it?
    MrsMCawber - Well done on that weight loss!!! (envy envy)

I'm off to read yesterdays thread now.......

have a good friday everyone!! byeee
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport