Diary of an ordinary mum

Options

Comments

• monkey62
    monkey62 Posts: 45 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Today I have done a full day's work,  cooked a roast chicken dinner,  washed it all up and put the hoover round. I haven't done anything about my creditors yet though. I'll get round to it.
    All that's left to do now is put the bunnies to bed but dd gonna do that. Still nothing new on the work front, no contact from my manager at all. 
    I really need to get out in the garden over the next couple of days it really needs a tidy. I'm not keen on gardening but it's obviously something I'm gonna have to get used to. 
    Going to treat myself to an ice cream now and find something to watch.
  • monkey62
    First Post
    Options
    Today the postman brought me another complaint response, this time from Mbles.  Said they upheld my complaint and refunded me £90, well £90 taken off the balance which is now being managed by Hoist, so that brings this particular balance down to about £2000 - another mountain to climb so good job I've got my big girl boots on.  I must admit I've lost track a bit of balances etc just lately. I'm not paying anything towards them at the moment so no doubt they'll soon be in touch and I'll pick it from there.  I won't bother emailing them all just yet - right or wrong, seems the best approach to me.
    I made contact with my boss today, it's been well over two weeks since we last spoke.  Looks like things are moving at work and plans are in place for a team reorganisation.  However, I still don't know what it means for me, but I do know I don't want to go back to my old job. I would be happy to carry on doing what I'm doing now, or be made redundant - that's the only choices.
    Bunny1 well on the mend - she needs to have a treatment every two weeks for the next fortnight and that should hopefully be an end to her troubles - she had been attacked by a mite - poor thing.
    Got a little bit of gardening done yesterday, dd hooked up all the weeds in the patio and I watched :D 
    I didn't sleep too well last night so I'm going to try and have an early night.  You know those days where you're tired all day and when it comes to actually going to sleep you just lie there, well it was one of those yesterday.  Nice to have it a little cooler, I actually went out in the rain earlier... I think we might have a storm coming, it's so muggy here.
  • monkey62
    First Post
    Options
    Mmm... wide awake!  
    To do list for later on today: 
    Clean out bunnies, hoover downstairs and clean bathroom. 
    Work has been full on lately which may explain why I am awake now, so many things going round in my head. 
    Dd could be going back to work from Monday so that will be good for her.
    No more money news.
    Going shopping much later today as well. I must say I've always been an Asda girl but I've taken to going to Sainsbury's just lately.  The aisles are so wide you dont feel like you're getting too close to anyone but it is definitely more expensive - not by a great deal. I need to get some more flat shoes and I like looking at their clothing range.

• Drawingaline
    Drawingaline Posts: 2,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I agree with S@insbury's being a nicer environment for shopping. I shopped there for years as I worked there so got discount. My husband now works for a different supermarket (think 'partnership') and again, more expensive, but a nice experience. And with the discount it does bring the bills down. Unfortunately my two youngest are selective with food and so I do still need to brave @sda once a week to top up on certain food types.

I used to go to lidi but I hates the whole experience and now shopping has become much more stressful anyway I can't be bothered to go back. I have accepted how much we spend on food now and built it into my budget.

Sorry, went off on a bit of a rant there 😂 
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • monkey62
    First Post
    Options

I had been thinking that my shopping bill has been more expensive just lately but then it dawned on me that I only go once a week now.  Before covid I would go supermarket shopping maybe twice, three times a week just for the odd bits, or oh I'll just pop to the shop and get milk, come out with £30 worth of shopping.  Now, I do it all in one go and make sure I have what I need, so whilst I may think the bill has gone up, I am probably saving myself a little money.

Update on OH - he's here but we are separated as such - I don't feel sad about it, but relieved really that this has come to an end. I know it sounds mad but I've had a lot of years of being put down and I can't help but feel like I'm glad it's done.  He's in another room and although we're in the same house still, the tension has dropped.  I dunno, it's a crazy situation.  I don't care that he has someone else lined up, what was bothering me was being in the dark and feeling like crap because of the way he was speaking to me.  I'm not going to allow myself to get churned up by thinking about things - not worth it.  What I am going to do is now focus on me.  I have decided to join WW and get some of this weight shifted, I'm way over my ideal weight by a good few stones and now is the time for me to do something about it.  Fresh approach to life and all that.

Work - loving what I'm doing now and hope it continues - working with a great team of people on some projects going on around the town.  Having spoken with the person I'm working with, she is going to approach the big boss to see about bringing me into her term on a permanent basis.  Really hope this comes off.  This would mean that I wouldn't be made redundant but could apply for the role I'm doing now.

Money - nothing new on this front. But I've had a massive amount of good news regarding this over the past few months so I'm happy with that and just waiting on other responses - only two to go now.  Once I know where I am I'll get round to setting up revised payments for them.

Happy days !!

• DancingInTheRain
    Options
    Onwards and upwards for you then, here's to the start of your new life 🥂
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    It sounds like you're stepping onto a new path, which will be much happier, and more positive than the one you're stepping off. 
    It's amazing how finally making a decision can open our eyes to a whole new world of possibilities, all of which will make your life better.  (((hugs))) X
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • Drawingaline
    Drawingaline Posts: 2,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I started ww last week. There is a support thread on here on the health and fitness board, I was on it last year and must resubscribe. 
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • monkey62
    First Post
    Options
    Thanks, I'll get on it. I've gotta lose this weight and become more healthy.  Good luck with it all.
  • janb5
    janb5 Posts: 2,619 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just want to say how impressed I am with all your progress and how massively you have achieved.  I do hope you get what you want with work...don`t let them undermine you.  You`ve had enough of that at home.xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback