Diary of an ordinary mum

Options

Comments

• Drawingaline
    Drawingaline Posts: 2,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am in Hampshire too, it's going to be a hot week!

Good luck with you journey, I also use my diary for a whole host of ramblings, not just financial. 
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • monkey62
    monkey62 Posts: 45 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Hey, Drawingaline, good to hear about the weather - there's things I need to do out in the garden.  Another area he's neglected to do anything about :s  so overgrown in places it really looks untidy.  I am looking forward to working up a sweat, might shift a pound or two... gotta start somewhere to lose the added stones (I referred to my excess as poundage before... I was being nice to myself <3 )  Work was full on today but I enjoyed it, got another busy day lined up tomorrow plus the call with my boss about the future... bring it on!!
    DD downstairs yelling at the playstation (as in she's playing a game, not gone mad), I'm in MY bedroom :D - going to read some diaries now.
    Oh, never got round to the email to my creditors, I'll pick that up tomorrow if I've got the time (and the inclination o:)>:)
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    You're certainly sounding more positive.  Have subscribed to your diary.  I don't post often but do read quite a few diaries; if I don't comment it doesn't mean I've stopped reading!

• Drawingaline
    Drawingaline Posts: 2,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I hear you on the teen shouting at the PlayStation, it's the boys favourite past time. We allowed him to have the VR in his bedroom, he is now on his last warning and then it's back downstairs! 😂 He gets so loud the girl sometimes actually gets herself out of her pit to shout at him. Seeing as I can barely get two words out if her atm, and she only leaves her room to eat its a Miracle 🙄
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I had a similar problem at work but as I was nearing retirement age decided I'd not go back at all.  You are braver than I was all those years ago (nearly 10 years now) but I would say if you can cope with it go for it - I wish I'd had the guts to do it but it's hard after being called "a waste of space!" by the guy who is going to be your line manager.  Good luck.

• monkey62
    monkey62 Posts: 45 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I shouldn't say it, but I wish I were nearing retirement age - it would make things easier, but then again, having someone say you're a waste of space must have been very upsetting, especially from the would-be line manager.  My manager just looks the other way when I'm being undermined by one of my own team - I don't know how she gets away with it, but on the occasions when I have said something, I'm looked at as the one who's causing trouble!!  So, maybe now I really know how these people operate I might be in a better position to deal with it, I don't know.  No doubt the picture will change again for me by the end of next week,
    Good news on the money front.  During my depressed state of borrowing, I had loans with Pr*vident.  No checks were performed on me and they were happy to lend me the money.  I was paying back for years, nearing the end, having another loan etc., you know how it goes.  This was one of my irresponsible lending complaints and I received their final response yesterday - they upheld my complaint saying that whilst they can't say they didn't perform any checks, they can't say they did either and they have written off my debt.  That was my largest debt coming in at £2,315.  Once they had removed the interest and the other things, there was a tiny balance outstanding which they wrote off as a good will gesture.  I am over the moon with this one.  They have had way more out of me over the years but as far as this goes, yes, a result.
    Work is still busy busy - not complaining, I like it this way but boy, I am tired when I go to bed now.  
    Tomorrow is shopping day, will be going after work, hoping to only spend in the region of £45 I really don't need much - but we'll see.
  • DancingInTheRain
    DancingInTheRain Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 22 May 2020 at 6:58AM
    Options
    That's a great result on the Provident loan, well done!
    Hope the work situation settles down for you, it's awful how some individuals conduct themselves in the workplace with their toxic behaviour. 
  • SuperFrank88
    SuperFrank88 Posts: 359 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi Monkey62,
    Just read your diary and wow! What a roller coaster, but very inspiring to read about your positive attitude towards the negative stuff! 
    I have subscribed and will be following your journey. Could I ask, regarding the irresponsible lending letters, did you use a template? I would be keen to send these letters to my creditors so would love to know what you wrote to them.

Hope you have a great weekend.
    Frank
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport