Diary of an ordinary mum

Options

Comments

• monkey62
    monkey62 Posts: 45 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    DancingInTheRain - I have learnt that I cant change the way people behave but I can change how I deal with it so that's my new thing. Provident was a result, I really begrudged having to pay that one back. I need to do a proper check of the debts and what responses I have outstanding and work out payments to the ones i have to pay.
    Hello Frank, thanks for popping by. I'll post up my letter tomorrow.  I got most of it from the debt camel website but sure will let you know what I said.
    I have found a scabby/lumpy thing on bunny1 and so had to take pictures and send to vets. I'm expecting to hear from them tomorrow - gulp  :/
    Hope everyone having a good weekend. 

• Drawingaline
    Drawingaline Posts: 2,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Oh no, hope bunny is ok.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • shoppingobsessed2020
    Options
    That’s an amazing result on the provident loan,
  • SuperFrank88
    SuperFrank88 Posts: 359 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    monkey62 said:

Been struggling with toothache since Friday evening…  coupled with bunny issues it’s not been the best weekend, but DD and I did get out yesterday and go for a lovely walk at Watership Down.  Toothache subsiding a bit today, I’ve been putting that awful clove oil on it but it must be doing the trick.  And.. bunny okay, just need to get some antibiotics for her.

I’ve just finished work now and plan on doing not a lot for the rest of the day.

Frank, the letter I sent was:

Complaint regarding unaffordable lending

Reference:

I have taken out a loan with yourselves in the past but I now believe it was mis-sold to me due to the fact I don’t believe my finances and/or personal situation was sufficiently checked to make sure I would be in a position to pay back the loan.  At the time I took out this loan, my credit report would have shown the other various loans which I was trying to administer, which kept me in a continuous cycle of debt/borrowing.

I was not able to make the required payments to this loan without undue difficulty whilst continuing to meet other debt repayment obligations and other reasonable regular outgoings.  Had a proper affordability check been carried out, I don’t believe I would have been given this loan.

I am currently in a dmp self managed/managed by ????? and this loan is being paid back at a considerably small amount each month.

I am looking for you to write off the remainder of this debt and a refund of any interest which has been paid.

Thank you

It’s pretty crude and I haven’t gone into a lot of detail, but so far it as knocked about £3k off my total debt.  Like I said, I got most of the wording from the debt camel website but you will need to change these words to suit your personal situation.  Good luck with it.  I sent this to everyone I had a loan with, apart from the first loan taken.

Thank you so much for that I will get on the case with my creditors.
  • monkey62
    First Post
    Options
    OH came back today to see dd. He's gone again now. Will be back next week. He is seeing someone else. I'm not sad as such but just feeling a little low.  Dd okay, bit quiet though. 
    Other news... had a refund from an old wage day advance loan of £64, something like 5p in the £1. So that was a bonus too.
    Bunny1 on the mend. 
    Work still up in the air, no contact from my boss this week.
    Off for a glass of wine now.  :|
  • evebeme
    evebeme Posts: 95 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I really hope you kick his butt out of the house.  Who needs a man who thinks he can come back whenever he chooses, without regard for your or DD's feeling. Sorry, guess I'm just a !!!!!! by nature.  >:)
  • evebeme
    evebeme Posts: 95 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Wait now. I'm in Australia, but was born in Leeds so like to keep up on the news.  Aren't you in lockdown?  I thought it was only Dominic Cummings who was free to wander away from home.  Am I wrong?
  • monkey62
    First Post
    Options
    It's hard to understand what sort if lockdown we're in when the government can't abide by it's own rules. Much like the thousands on the beaches recently. As far as my situation goes if he doesn't give a !!!!!! about things during these times then I guess he never will. 
  • monkey62
    First Post
    Options
    What a beautiful day. I've done nothing apart from sit in the garden and listen to the birds.  Too hot for my bunnies mind you! Dd upstairs doing her room so I've come in from the sun to a nice cool sitting room - bliss. I'll get some more washing out later  no doubt dd will fill up the basket. We have a tele night planned this evening,  her choice! 
    Today, life is good  :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure