Diary of an ordinary mum

Options

Comments

• monkey62
    monkey62 Posts: 45 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Hello SSD, thanks for popping by and the virtual hug - came just when I needed it.
    He's gone now. The house feels bigger already. Mix of emotions but I know I am worth more than the way I was being treated. Time for me to regroup.
    Also, cancelled my dd with Stepchange- am going it alone on that front too. Got my big girl pants on (mainly cos I is a big girl !!)
    Few things to do this pm but then come 5pm I'll be in the garden with my hook and a glass of wine  B)
  • DancingInTheRain
    DancingInTheRain Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 16 May 2020 at 1:25PM
    Options
    Hi @monkey62 hope you don't mind me popping in. Just read your diary and wanted to send my good wishes to you There's lots of changes for you at the moment but you sound so determined, you can do it! 💪
    Not long until wine o clock 😉
  • monkey62
    First Post
    Options
    Hello DancingInTheRain, thank you for your comment.  I do feel surprisingly pumped up at the moment. Dd okay too - she's not stupid and has seen the way things are. She's okay that he's gone away for a while. Will give us time to do things together as well. I dont know what I'll feel like tomorrow but today is all I can deal with right now and so far  all is good. Sod it, going for a cheeky glass now  :)
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Enjoy that glass of wine!  I think you're coping really well and you'll probably feel better with DH out of the way.  Enjoy your time with DD on your own.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hey M62 another ordinary mum here who can resonate so much with you, similar age my OH also not working (whilst I work my !!!!!! off with no appreciation whatsoever) and a DD at home, she was working but currently furloughed. I am also looking at potential redundancy so know what you are going thru. Enjoy the well deserved glass of vino. Look forward to following your journey.
  • SuperSavingD
    SuperSavingD Posts: 531 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    monkey62 said:
    Hello SSD, thanks for popping by and the virtual hug - came just when I needed it.
    He's gone now. The house feels bigger already. Mix of emotions but I know I am worth more than the way I was being treated. Time for me to regroup.
    Also, cancelled my dd with Stepchange- am going it alone on that front too. Got my big girl pants on (mainly cos I is a big girl !!)
    Few things to do this pm but then come 5pm I'll be in the garden with my hook and a glass of wine  B)
    Hi Monkey62
    Good on you, definitely worth more.  You go girl x

Savings for Xmas 2024 = £100/£2000
    #76 3-6 month EF £818.48/£1000
  • shoppingobsessed2020
    Options
    Just read your diary, you can do this from one mum to another!  You dont need baggage like your oh and the heartbreak I am sure that is bringing is unimaginable but you will get through this!

raising my glass in a virtual cheers to you.  What are you drinking tonight?  I’ve had a glass of a hardys semillion Chardonnay and then a glass of a Sauvignon blanc which a friend recommended but I’m not overly keen on.
  • monkey62
    First Post
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your encouraging words - really helps.  I must say though I thought I would be using this diary to chart my journey out of debt, but I feel it may be used to record a lot of things about how my life will change.  Must say reading back through, I said I'd be in the garden with my hook (??) and a glass of wine, needless to say, I meant to say book and a glass of wine.  I am not some sort of maniac who goes into the garden with a hook after I've had a glass :D   My usual tipple is a Pinot. Mind you, I'm also taken with a G&T but have to be in the mood for that.  Wine just goes straight down whatever mood I'm in :)
    Today was another chilled day, cleaned the kitchen, cooked a lovely roast for me and DD.  I've done a little bit of work work to help me catch up before the week from hell arrives from tomorrow.  So many meetings to go to... well I say that, I've only got to tune in from home.  Been thinking about the possible other job opportunity and have a call planned with my boss for Tuesday to talk things through.
    Tomorrow I will also be writing to my creditors - telling them that I'm going it alone and what I'll be paying them.
    But as for tonight, I can hear DD putting the kettle on, so I'm off for a cuppa.
    Take care all.
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,852 Forumite
    Options
    Just read through your diary and want to wish you all the luck in the world.
    You may actually find that your mental health improves when the toxic atmosphere disappears with OH.
    Hope the work thing goes the way you want it to.
    Subscribing to cheer you on.  (((hugs)))
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • Narola1976
    Narola1976 Posts: 529 Forumite
    Options
    Hey you sound really focused, wishing you luck on your journey. Have subscribed
    Starting Total in September 2019 = £38287.77
    Current Total = £25534.10
    33% of debt paid off so far

Debt Free by Christmas September August July June 2023!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback