We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Online shopping delivery slots during crisis

1…3233353738…42

Comments

  • MysteryMe
    MysteryMe Posts: 3,525
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Yes,  you only get the chance to lose your reputation once.
  • Sainsburys have annoyed me again! I had a delivery due yesterday. 10 minutes before time I received a phone call to say the
    van had broken down and I wouldn't be getting my delivery. Advice was to phone this morning if I had not been contacted with a new delivery time. This I did to be told my order has been cancelled and they can't deliver and I need to reorder. The whole order has been deleted so would need someone to help as I am blind plus assessed as extremely vulnerable which is why I have online deliveries. No delivery slots available until late Sunday and then much more expensive than the one I had booked. I
  • MysteryMe
    MysteryMe Posts: 3,525
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 4 July 2020 at 8:39PM
    They can't help a van breaking down but they should at least give you free delivery on the re order as a goodwill gesture
  • Lanzarote1938
    Lanzarote1938 Posts: 694
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Posts PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    Sainsburys still haven't refunded my money! I agree they can't help the van breaking down but to not offer alternative delivery is really poor customer service.
  • Bacman
    Bacman Posts: 537
    500 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I had cause to email the CEO of Sainsburys a while back with a complaint; it got dealt with quite quickly "from the Directors' office" - email address is:  mike.coupe@sainsburys.co.uk
  • Lanzarote1938
    Lanzarote1938 Posts: 694
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Posts PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    Simon Roberts is the CEO now. Email sent.

  • izzitme
    izzitme Posts: 413
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Bacman said:
    I had cause to email the CEO of Sainsburys a while back with a complaint; it got dealt with quite quickly "from the Directors' office" - email address is:  mike.coupe@sainsburys.co.uk

    It is quite likely that all the delivery slots are full with other customer's orders. Maybe they should have advised you of this & offered you a new delivery slot as soon as one became available.
    Going down the Oteley Road to see the Shrewsbury aces! :T
  • Lanzarote1938
    Lanzarote1938 Posts: 694
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Posts PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    There were slots available 2 days later but i hadn;t anyone to help me with the website. I still don't have my money back....almost 100 pounds.
  • MrsStepford
    MrsStepford Posts: 1,798
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Got an Anytime SmartPass with Ocado in 2012. Had a terrible time and got just one delivery in April and demanded a refund. Morrisons doesn't do a lot of organic but I have a (cheaper) annual delivery pass with them now. They really stepped up to the plate during this crisis and minimum order only £25. Abel & Cole let me down big time as in 3 boxes of eggs per week to nothing. They restarted delivering eggs about two or three weeks ago. Riverford was a lifesaver through the crisis and I switched my milk order to them as well as having a veg box. Iceland has been brilliant all the way through. I've learned that some companies rest on their laurels, others go the extra mile. Being registered with them pre-lockdown helped in most cases. Have managed one Waitrose order per month. Watts Farms is great and just put minimum order down to £40. 

    Got first Sainsbury's delivery since February coming Sunday ! 
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,708
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Got an Anytime SmartPass with Ocado in 2012. Had a terrible time and got just one delivery in April and demanded a refund.
    My experiences with Ocado over recent weeks have also been dreadful.  Arrogant, unresponsive, website impossible to access most of the time. Rarely reply to emails.

    Switched away to other supermarkets - all substantially better and much cheaper.  

    Had been planning to use Ocado for M&S food when it switches from Waitrose in September, but I shan’t bother now. Never again with Ocado, and finding out that they’ve been fiddling their Trustpilot ratings to try to counter all the negative reviews was the final straw.


★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.