Forum Update - March

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,572 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    joansgirl said:
    TBC15 said:

Has the edit function disappeared ? I don’t seem to be able to edit my posts.

In the blue/green bit at the top of your post where the date and time are there should be a cog that you click/tap to edit. If it isn't there just after you post and you need to edit refresh the screen.
    This blue /green area is very slow to appear after you post so difficult to edit immediately. 
  • MollyR
    MollyR Posts: 2,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    True - but if you click where the cog ought to be, it works.
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,910 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    The block / ignore facility needs looking at.

I've blocked / ignored one member, yet I can still see them and their posts. 

Why can we only block upto 20 people? 

Also, any chance of getting the option of picking out own background colours and letter writing, it's getting very tedious.

Lastly, the amount of posts per page is restrictive, we must be able to adjust that.

What options do Vanilla give to actually allow the users the option of customising views to personal preference as I've never know a forum not to allow such basic changes for ease of use by a member.

(Mobile access, it's the only way I'm online)
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Would it not be possible to crowdfund for professional software experts to look at the issues? Having unpaid volunteers seems to be to big a task. I would happily chip in to fix the forum. Problems have gone on for far to long and it's still unusable. The home/index page still crashes after all these weeks.

i really think professionals need to look at this.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 4,176 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 8 March 2020 at 7:21AM
    waamo said:
    Would it not be possible to crowdfund for professional software experts to look at the issues? Having unpaid volunteers seems to be to big a task. I would happily chip in to fix the forum. Problems have gone on for far to long and it's still unusable. The home/index page still crashes after all these weeks.

There's a huge team including software developers 🙄 I've seen the paid posts advertised in the past. 
  • waamo
    _shel said: There's a huge team including software developers 🙄 I've seen the paid posts advertised in the past. 
    Then I better not comment further as the staff may not appreciate my views.

The offer stands though. I would happily chip in to help fix it
  • Misslayed
    Misslayed Posts: 14,162 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    waamo said:

@waamo It's the Board Guides who are volunteers 🤗
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Site Feedback and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com All views are my own and not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 4,176 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
     I think it's strange we're not all experiencing the same issues. I have constant reloading, not seen anyone else mention it. Others having major problems on iPad, mine is fine?  
  • waamo
    _shel said:
     I think it's strange we're not all experiencing the same issues. I have constant reloading, not seen anyone else mention it. Others having major problems on iPad, mine is fine?  
    I get this on my iPhone. Only on the home page though. It reloads several times then crashes. The forum is bordering on unusable without an meaningful index.

Interestingly if you look at the site statistics the amount of traffic has fallen off a cliff since the changes. Take a look here https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/moneysavingexpert.com#section_traffic
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure