Forum Update - March
We hope you’re finding your way around our new home and starting to get to grips with some of the new features.
As promised, we just want to update you on the some of the work we’ve been doing since migrating over to the new platform.
Thanks to your constructive input, here are some of the snags we’ve already managed to fix/improve:
· HTML redirect for links affecting certain threads
· Date stamps on Mobile view
· Badge overlapping content in Mobile view
· Unable to use “cog” to access functions in Mobile view
· Easy linking to individual posts (FAQ to follow!)
· Ignore functionality completely hiding posts from ‘Ignored Posters’
· Issue with historic deleted PM’s
· Increased max post length
· Fixed notifications not appearing
· Fixed 'edit' for first post in thread
· Removed the duplicate post count on each post
· Removed duplicated badges on profile view
· Data stamps and displays on posts, threads and thread list views
In the pipeline and soon to be delivered, we’re also:
· Returning ability to skip competitions from list view (we'll also make it possible to mark them as entered here too)
· Investigating sorting, filtering and expiring options for Competitions Board
· Increasing time allowed to edit and delete own posts (not posts starting threads)
· Creating easily accessible lists of Board Guides by Boards
In the longer term, here are a few more things we aim to do - this isn’t the complete list, but we just want to give you a good idea of what we’re planning:
· Layout of profile page for posts/threads made
· Post counts display
· Bookmarking/subscribing when posting
· Daily digest mails
· Make it more obvious when a post is thanked/Comp-limented
We hope you can see - and benefit from - the huge amount of work going on behind the scenes. We couldn’t do it without your input and patience – it’s a big, time consuming job to renovate our Forum and it won’t happen overnight.
From the outset, we’ve always said we want to hear your suggestions for improvement because we want the Forum to flourish and continue to be a unique, MoneySaving font of knowledge!
But we’re sad and disappointed to say that some of the posts on the snagging thread, as well as direct messages sent to the MSE Team, haven’t been constructive. Some have been rude, aggressive and unhelpful. The first rule of being on the MSE Forum is - be friendly. When brought to our attention, we won’t tolerate posts or language that break this fundamental rule.
With this in mind, we’ve deleted the offending posts and we will take action against any individual who breaks our Forum rules, which could include having your posting privileges permanently removed, without notice or explanation.
We’ve also tidied the snagging thread up to remove any posts reporting duplicate snags. If you spot anything new, please report it directly to the Forum Team and they will respond as quickly as they can.
Thank you for your feedback so far, and remember, wherever you are on the MSE Forum, keep your posts friendly, respectful and helpful.MSE Tine
Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter,
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change