Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Comments

• fabsaver
    fabsaver Posts: 1,268
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Just spoke to Gatehouse.
    I will not be opening this until Friday the 1th December. As 25th cut off has been missed.
    Their notes say the same, 25th cut off for the month.
    Its been raised up the chain.
    But its up to you to decide if you want the agro that might be caused by this and loss of interest for near on a month.
    My suggestion was you should have opend this 2 day later.

That clause is just to ensure standing orders are processed in time in February, to allow for weekends or any additional bank holidays. Other banks specify something similar but you can still pay into their accounts after that date.

A faster payment sent today or tomorrow should reach the account this month. I opened mine this morning and that's what I plan to do.
  • Gatehouse

When you open the account, it says that User ID will come in the post in Welcome Letter. This might put you off funding account immediately as you won't be able to see it until the letter arrives.

However, I have just received an email (an hour after opening the account) with User ID. My payment sent an hour ago by FP not showing yet, but it is one of these accounts where you send the payment to a holding account in the name of Gatehouse and it is then allocated to your own account.
  • subjecttocontract
    subjecttocontract Posts: 1,751
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 29 November 2023 at 9:48AM
    Can you fund the account by standing order ?
    Didn't see any mention of it in the notes.
  • Hattie627 said:
    Gatehouse

When you open the account, it says that User ID will come in the post in Welcome Letter. This might put you off funding account immediately as you won't be able to see it until the letter arrives.

However, I have just received an email (an hour after opening the account) with User ID. My payment sent an hour ago by FP not showing yet, but it is one of these accounts where you send the payment to a holding account in the name of Gatehouse and it is then allocated to your own account.
    Yep, opened and funded inside 10 minutes.

Annoying bits, why does the password not allow special characters? And the Captcha required is utterly pointless.
  • I alwayflaneurs_lobster said:
    Hattie627 said:
    Gatehouse

Yep, opened and funded inside 10 minutes.

Annoying bits, why does the password not allow special characters? And the Captcha required is utterly pointless.
    I always thought Captcha's were to prevent robots from signing up to things online. But why would a robot want to open a savings account? Probably an expert could explain it.
  • Applied for and opened the Gatehouse Regular Saver.
    The reference at the end of the application is different to the reference in the app. If I send £1 to each, I wonder if it will receive both?
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • OK, I jumped in and opened it.
    £300 sent and standing order in place for the 1st of December.
    7 Regular savers now.
    Thats my limit, NOOOOOOO more.
  • pecunianonolet
    pecunianonolet Posts: 1,083
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 29 November 2023 at 10:15AM
    Will give this a miss, not being able to withdraw is a no go for me. Sad as it is a good rate imho
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 3,988
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 29 November 2023 at 10:20AM
    Hattie627 said:
    Gatehouse

This is one advantage of keeping an account open with a minimal balance with each organisation - you've got immediate access to online services in the event a decent account comes from an unexpected organisation. I opened an account with Gatehouse earlier in the year, so opening this was not a problem and its immediately viewable.
    Plus when loyalty products are brought out I'm always eligible for them
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback