SW Countdown to Easter.

Replies

• PennylanePennylane Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finally got back on!  Had several weeks off due to password change etc which went mental!  Am on the verge of quitting SW because I have just lost my drive.  I started Jan 2019 and had lost 1st 11lbs prior to Xmas.  very gradually an odd pound or half pound went on and I am now at 1st 1.5 lb still lost. 
    I feel so much better when I have lost weight but right now I couldn’t care less about SW.  I can’t even be bothered to look at my huge collection of SW books.  I still cook all SW meals from scratch and try to be sensible but I just cannot resist a bar of chocolate now and then or an afternoon tea out with friends.  My SW consultant says “you can do it if you really want to” but I just can’t get back into the right frame of mind.  
  • edited 20 February 2020 at 5:28PM
    VegastareVegastare Forumite
    674 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    edited 20 February 2020 at 5:28PM
    Hi 2sonmum
    I am going it alone at the moment but coming on here keeps me so focused and also really helped me when I was attending group, sadly went of the rails in New Year -  got to target with SW in summer and stayed at it till Xmas and can really recommend,  I am trying to post meal plans daily and have asked if I make errors to be told :)  
    My journey with SW has be slow but steady my first consultant was a star and suggested I take it a stone at a time, then another and this helped, so I would set yourself a smaller goal in weight first then hopefully this will boost you on to the next target, hence the Easter challenge.
    I will bite the pullet and go back to group soon, but am not great with the group when it is overflowing like it does this time of year, New Year sees lot of new members and a sea of faces makes me not stay to group!!
    You will love the meals that Bubbs posts.....they make us drool.
    Good luck and welcome
    Veg
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    77.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    2sonmum said:
    Thanks Denise looking forward to getting stuck in and being less of me. 
    Welcome  :)
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    MFW. Finally mortgage free February 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    77.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Pennylane said:
    Finally got back on!  Had several weeks off due to password change etc which went mental!  Am on the verge of quitting SW because I have just lost my drive.  I started Jan 2019 and had lost 1st 11lbs prior to Xmas.  very gradually an odd pound or half pound went on and I am now at 1st 1.5 lb still lost. 
    I feel so much better when I have lost weight but right now I couldn’t care less about SW.  I can’t even be bothered to look at my huge collection of SW books.  I still cook all SW meals from scratch and try to be sensible but I just cannot resist a bar of chocolate now and then or an afternoon tea out with friends.  My SW consultant says “you can do it if you really want to” but I just can’t get back into the right frame of mind.  
    I am the same.
    Not in the zone at all.
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
  • GettingtherequicklyGettingtherequickly Forumite
    4.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good start for this challenge -1 1/2 :) 
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
    77.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Good start for this challenge -1 1/2 :) 
    Well done  :)
    ***Keep plodding***
  • edited 20 February 2020 at 8:34PM
    joedenisejoedenise Forumite
    12.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 20 February 2020 at 8:34PM
    Pennylane said:
    Penny although you say you couldn't care less about SW at the moment I would have thought that the fact that you've come back to post on here suggests otherwise - you do care.  All I would say is just do the best you can - the old adage "Good when you can careful when you can't" comes to mind.  I know what you mean about not being able to resist chocolate bars with me is when we open the wine, it quite often ends as 2 bottles so double Syns but I just get back on plan the following day.  I'm sure if you just eat SW foodwise hopefully the rest will follow.

Good luck.

Vegastare  you're right about the numbers starting to fall off now!  It seems there are a lot of new starters at the beginning of January but they only seem to last for about a month to 6 weeks and then they start dropping off and the group gets back to "normal" numbers.

Denise
  • majoricamajorica Forumite
    459 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Morning, STS this week, I've had a good week too so I hope it catches up with me next week and I get a good loss.
  • joedenisejoedenise Forumite
    12.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure your good week will catch up next week Majorca if you have another good one this week.  I think the problem comes when you feel p*ssed off because you haven't got the loss you expected and then go off plan the following week!

Got my hairdresser coming in shortly so just a quick post with my plan for today:

B - marmalade on toast - HEB + 2 syns
    L - sausage ragu with spaghetti (supposed to be tagliatelle but I haven't got any!) - S; F; 2 syns
    D - cod, chips, peas - P; F

HEA - milk
    HEB - bread
    Syns - Light olive spread 1; marmalade 1; sausages 2

Not much speed today but I have loads most days so won't hurt for one day.

Denise
  • edited 21 February 2020 at 9:11AM
    Matron_MidgeMatron_Midge Forumite
    649 Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    edited 21 February 2020 at 9:11AM
    Delighted to report -1LB and I am now BACK IN RANGE!! Phew, that has taken me since Christmas so I’m so pleased. Now I need another loss next week to be comfortable as I’m only in by1/2lb at the moment but at least the fivers are mine again.
    im out for lunch but dinner will be chicken fajitas. I’ll have 1 wrap for my He b and then use lettuce leaves for extras.
    thanks everyone for your encouragement, if I didn’t have to be accountable here I might have thrown the towel in at several points over the last 6 weeks. xx to you all