SW Countdown to Easter.

Replies

• Tete_en_l'AirTete_en_l'Air Forumite
    7.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning all! Thanks so much Beanie for sorting us out with the thread! 

Chieveley - please put me down for 8lbs this challenge, that would take me to my 2st award, fingers crossed!

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time Vegas, hope you're feeling better soon. Glad you're recovering well Denise and back in charge of the cooking!

I did a lot of batch cooking yesterday and managed to make a chilli stretch to seven good portions by bulking it out with quorn and loads of extra veg :grin:

Today:
    B - Granola with FF nat yog, apple, banana
    D - 2x Heck chicken saus (1 - minus a bit that I dropped on the floor and the cat gobbled up), with roast veg (sweet potato, aubergine, carrot, courgette, cherry tomatoes) and couscous
    T - Chilli (low fat beef mince, quorn, grated carrot and courgette, aubergine, onions, mushrooms, tinned toms, garlic, sweetcorn and kidney beans) with brown rice
    HEA - Milk, cheese
    HEB - Granola
    Syns - Sugar in coffee (4), sausages (1), hot chocolate (2) = 7
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • VegastareVegastare Forumite
    673 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Chievely can you but me down for 8 lb please, so good of you to carry on with this for everyone.

Hi to Bubbs the meals look scummy as always, Beanie how are you doing, and Denise trying hard to catch up on things reading the old thread, all the best for hospital.  
    I have decided to throw myself back into the SW world after the sad times of the last few months and am sure you will all boost me up - I remember last summer what great support everyone is to each other.  Sadly have not made group this morning - but have done what Maman suggested daily meal plan and off to shop for the right stuff :)
    Meal Plan
    Weetabix, pl yog and sliced apple
    Lunch(hopefully) homemade red lental and veg soup  toasted garlic bread(Fry Light garlic chilli spray)
    Roasted chicken legs, asparagus and jacket pot plus other veggie  low sugar jelly yog and fruit (0.5 syn jelly)
    HEA Milk
    HEA2 weetabix and may have slice bread
    Might buy some tracker bars....how do I work that in folks!!!
    Can I ask if you think I am making any errors to mention it....sometimes I fall back into the old way of Slimming World!!!
    Have a good one 
    P.S how to I change colour wanted to high light my bold bit in read...or make it bigger and couldn't do either......not liking these changes :/
  • joedenisejoedenise Forumite
    12.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vegastare Glad you have made the decision to get back on plan.  You know you'll get the support you need on here.

Haven't worked out how to change colour but you can just click on B at the top to make your text bold but you need to click on it again to take it off! otherwise all the text will be bold.

Tracker bars are now HEB but as you have already had your HEB (Weetabix) then they are 5.5 Syns each.  These are a new HEB which I posted about a couple of days ago.

Your menu plan looks good for today.

Denise
    7.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think we can change colour and size of text annoyingly... the pink in my sig is leftover code from the last forum I think - I tried copying it into a post to highlight my loss one week but it didn't work, or I'm not techie enough to be doing it right - probably the latter!

A question that's just occurred to me - when losing weight, do you find you lose from a particular area first/last? The reason I ask is because I have a ring I got for my 18th birthday (20 years ago! :weary:) and I wore it every day until a year and a half ago when it got too uncomfortable. I've been looking forward to fitting back into it as it feels like part of my identity, but looking back over my weight chart I'm actually a stone lighter now than I was when I stopped wearing it, but it's still too tight :confused: Do fingers hold onto fat longer somehow? 
    12.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My fingers did get fatter but I had my rings made bigger.  They are still a bit tight over the knuckles if I need to take them off (as I did last week for my op) but they do still come off with a bit of help!  It sounds as though your fingers have held on to some of the fat.  Would it be worth getting your ring made bigger?  It was definitely worth it for me.  It cost me about £100 to have my wedding, engagement and eternity rings made bigger (the eternity ring cost a bit more than the other 2 because of the patterning on it).

Denise

7.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah thanks Denise, that's not the answer I was hoping for! Still got about 3st to lose so I'll wait and see...
    12.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you're right to wait until you're at the weight you want to be.  Not worth paying out to get rings altered now in case your fingers do get smaller.

Denise
  • mamanmaman Forumite
    25.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had some of the veggie chilli for my lunch and it was delicious. I just adapt (leaving out the meat and flour) the Hairy Bikers basic chilli con carne recipe then add extra beans and loads of Speed. It's good value as I always have the ingredients in stock at home so no special things to buy in. Because we're not vegetarians I use beef stock so it tastes like any other chilli.
    https://www.hairybikers.com/recipes/view/chilli-con-carne
    Today's EE plan-
    B- NAS grapefruit (F), scrambled eggs (P), HEB toast, HEA1 milk
    L- JP with veggie chilli, pickles and cottage cheese (F,P,S)
    D- SW Bolognese (P,S) with tagliatelle (F) and HEA2 Parmesan 
    Syns- None :smiley:

• poundsinbuckspoundsinbucks Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Who sells the Tracker bars denise? Tried searching MySupermarket with no joy  :|.

Poundsinbucks x
    🥳🥳 SW -6st 3.5lbs 🥳🥳
  • TakeItEazyTakeItEazy Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you Beanie for the new thread  o:)

I posted my 1lb gain on the other thread but it’s not on the chart.
    Will try 5lb again, might even get it (sometime)  >:)

I know mr t sells Tracker bars but not on their website that I can find!
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry: