We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Return to green layout help please

135678

Comments

  • its awful,  have to click on each thread to label it skipped, entered or thank.  chunky layout.  also I cant find how to do comps by end date either.  I think gonna move platforms to different comping site after 7 years on here :( 
    Won some amazing prizes in the past 2 years :j
    THANKYOU TO EVERYONE THAT POSTS!!! :)
  • andrew71
    andrew71 Posts: 1,229
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    pud1234 said:
    What other sites are there for comping? Anyone know? I can’t cope with this! 🥺
    Psst
    have a search for competition database  :) incase this link is deleted
    https://www.competitiondatabase.co.uk/
    I've been using it for past few days

  • Squina
    Squina Posts: 429
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    Forumite
    andrew71 said:
    pud1234 said:
    What other sites are there for comping? Anyone know? I can’t cope with this! 🥺
    Psst
    have a search for competition database  :) incase this link is deleted
    https://www.competitiondatabase.co.uk/
    I've been using it for past few days

    I've always been loyal to MSE, but will have to venture elsewhere until these issues are tweaked.  Just had a look at the above link and I really like it so far - very user-friendly!
  • hdh74
    hdh74 Posts: 2,884
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 7 February 2020 at 5:43PM
    The more I use it the more I detest it. Can't we at least have the green one back till this ones works.  Sorry that sounds more grumpy that I actually mean it to. I've been promising myself a wee break from comping, I'm overdue. Think now might be a good time. 
    2018 - £562  2019 - £130 2020 - £276  2021 - £106 2022 - £140
  • Terrible format - sorry - but as there didn't seem anything wrong with the last format (that I could see anyway), why on earth was it changed?
  • I-Owe-You
    I-Owe-You Posts: 497
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts
    Forumite
    How do I "X" the comps I've entered?? - Argh! I don't like change :neutral:
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 4,285
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    Whoever designed this had no idea how to create something useful for this board. I used to use Loquax and Prizefinder for most comps and just came on MSE for the magazine comp answers, then started using this more. Now it looks like I will be dropping this site and using those two for most comps again.

    Having said that, the number of wins per comp I have had has dropped massively in recent years so scaling down comping will probably happen anyway. Just needed that push and this is it.

    2026 prizes - £10 BioSynergy voucher; £200 LovetoShop voucher; Swan retro kitchen electricals; Revive Active supplements; Yawn airbed; gaming mouse; 3 tins Olive oil;

    2026 -as of 4/08: Comps 7054: wins 7: value £700
    2025 Comps 12362: wins 10: value £1862
    2024 Comps 13526: wins 13: value £1475

This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.