New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: Stay up to date with the latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
Stay updated with our guides: Coronavirus Help & Your Rights * Coronavirus Travel Rights
NEWSFLASH 27/03
MARTINS VIDEO FOR SELF-EMPLOYED * DELAY HOUSE MOVES * EUROSTAR UPDATE

Court Claim form from VCS

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
111 replies 1.4K views
chris0147chris0147 Forumite
236 posts
Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
Hi all,

I need your help. Last Saturday I received the letter of the court claim form as it made the claim from a private parking firm called vehicle control services. They are making a claim against me for breach of the advertised term of conditions and I did not display the permit when I parked at iceland. The car park are a free private lane as anyone are allowed to park as it is free and there is no loss. The traffic warden went behind my car taken the pics and sent me the letters in the post. I dont have the PCN when I was in the car waiting for my mum who was shopping at iceland.

I have ignored all of their letters the one that they demand for the £100 ticket. Then I received the letter from them to request me to fill the form in to enter the contract with them which I denied. I have not fill the form as I have refused to enter into contract with them as I have ignored them. And I have not receive their solicitors letters as well.

I need to response because if I dont I will get CCJ and my name will be on the file for 6 years. Please can you help me with step to step what I need to do and what I need to fill it in as I know that I need to login, but to fill the form in which I am not good at.

Nl7lKat.jpg

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• KeithPKeithP Forumite
    20.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With a Claim Issue Date of 30th January, you have until Tuesday 18th February to file an Acknowledgement of Service. If possible, do not file an AoS before Wednesday 5th February, but otherwise there is nothing to be gained by delaying it. To file an AoS, follow the guidance offered in a Dropbox file linked from post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread. About ten minutes work - no thinking required.

Having filed an AoS, you have until 4pm on Tuesday 3rd March 2020 to file your Defence.

That's over a month away. Plenty of time to produce a Defence, but please don't leave it to the last minute.

When you are happy with the content, your Defence could be filed via email as suggested here:
      Print your Defence.
    1. Sign it and date it.
    2. Scan the signed document back in and save it as a pdf.
    3. Send that pdf as an email attachment to [email protected]
    4. Just put the claim number and the word Defence in the email title, and in the body of the email something like 'Please find my Defence attached'.
    5. No need to do anything on MCOL, but do check it after a few days to see if the Claim is marked "defence received". If not, chase the CCBC until it is.

After filing your Defence, there is more to do...
    1. Do not be surprised to receive an early copy of the Claimant's Directions Questionnaire. Nothing of interest there. Just file it.
    2. Wait for your own Directions Questionnaire from the CCBC, or download one from the internet, and then complete it as described by bargepole in his 'what happens when' post linked from post #2 of the NEWBIES thread.
    3. The completed DQ should be returned by email to the CCBC to the same address and in the same way as your Defence was filed earlier.
    4. Send a copy of your completed DQ to the Claimant - to their address on your Claim Form.
  • chris0147chris0147 Forumite
    236 posts
    ✭✭
    Thank you for your advise Keith, do I need to wait until next week to start to file an Acknowledgement of Service?

When I fill the form in, do I need to put "Acknowledgement of Service", leave the empty boxes and tick the box as file as Defence?

When I file the Aos, where I need to find the content of my defence?

When I find the Defence, I will print my Defence, sign it as my name and then date it then scan it and save it as PDF before I send it to [email protected]?
  • KeithPKeithP Forumite
    20.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chris0147 wrote: »
    Thank you for your advise Keith, do I need to wait until next week to start to file an Acknowledgement of Service?

When I fill the form in, do I need to put "Acknowledgement of Service", leave the empty boxes and tick the box as file as Defence?

When I file the Aos, where I need to find the content of my defence?

When I find the Defence, I will print my Defence, sign it as my name and then date it then scan it and save it as PDF before I send it to [email protected]?
    I really don't understand the need for any of those questions.

Every single one of them is addressed in my earlier post.
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    27.2K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recognisable username. Seems to have endless PPC issues. Check previous encounters. :cool:
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    236 posts
    ✭✭
    KeithP wrote: »
    I really don't understand the need for any of those questions.

Every single one of them is addressed in my earlier post.

I am asking you these simple questions and you still dont understand it? :rotfl:

The funny things is many people have understand me more than you do. So I am going to explains it again here.

When I fill the form in, do I need to put "Acknowledgement of Service" in the tick box, then leave the empty boxes and tick the last box as i will defence it?

When I file the Aos, where I need to find my defence?

When I find the Defence, I will print my Defence, sign it as my name and then date it then scan it and save it as PDF before I send it to [email protected] on email?
  • beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
    14.2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see VCS are claiming £60 above the ticket price.

VCS are scamming you as the £60 is not allowed

ABUSE OF PROCESS
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6014081

VCS are abusing the law, you and the courts

VCS .... ABUSE OF PROCESS

CLAIM FROM VCS IS STRUCK OUT

Caernarfon Court
    District Judge Jones-Evans
    Case number FTQZ4W28
    4TH SEPTEMBER 2019

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gexc6psfmi8y6d8/VCS%20Claim%20Struck%20Out%20-%20Abuse%20of%20Process.jpg?dl=0&m=

The claim for £60 is unenforceable in law and is an abuse of process and is nothing more than a poor attempt to go behind the decision of the Supreme court v Beavis

This case can be highlighted in all defences where the claimant is adding a fake £60 which is unlawful
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS
    DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    236 posts
    ✭✭
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Recognisable username. Seems to have endless PPC issues. Check previous encounters. :cool:

Thats from a different parking company.

You idiot!
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    27.2K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats from a different parking company.

You idiot!

There we go, and the thread is just 40 minutes old!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    236 posts
    ✭✭
    beamerguy wrote: »
    I see VCS are claiming £60 above the ticket price.

VCS are scamming you as the £60 is not allowed

ABUSE OF PROCESS
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6014081

VCS are abusing the law, you and the courts

VCS .... ABUSE OF PROCESS

CLAIM FROM VCS IS STRUCK OUT

Caernarfon Court
    District Judge Jones-Evans
    Case number FTQZ4W28
    4TH SEPTEMBER 2019

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gexc6psfmi8y6d8/VCS%20Claim%20Struck%20Out%20-%20Abuse%20of%20Process.jpg?dl=0&m=

The claim for £60 is unenforceable in law and is an abuse of process and is nothing more than a poor attempt to go behind the decision of the Supreme court v Beavis

This case can be highlighted in all defences where the claimant is adding a fake £60 which is unlawful

Thank you for posting this. I am really surprised to hear that they are abusing the law to trying to scam me. So I need your help with what i need to do when I fill on the form and what i must not do to fill on the form. As the two users have been idiots for not helping me and one of them are abusing and harassment me for my previous posts which it was the past, it was long time ago and I have moved on!

This is a different parking company so I need your help to file a defence.
  • edited 3 February at 9:04PM
    KeithPKeithP Forumite
    20.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 3 February at 9:04PM
    chris0147 wrote: »
    I am asking you these simple questions and you still dont understand it? :rotfl:

The funny things is many people have understand me more than you do. So I am going to explains it again here.

When I fill the form in, do I need to put "Acknowledgement of Service" in the tick box, then leave the empty boxes and tick the last box as i will defence it?

When I find the Defence, I will print my Defence, sign it as my name and then date it then scan it and save it as PDF before I send it to [email protected] on email?
    Oh, I understand what you wrote, but it appears you haven't even read what I wrote.

I'll address all of your questions:
    What form are you talking about?
    Why not follow the guidance I offered for completing the AoS?
    Here it is again:
    To file an AoS, follow the guidance offered in a Dropbox file linked from post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread. About ten minutes work - no thinking required.
    But remember, do not file an AoS before Wednesday.

I do admit to be struggling a bit with this question.
    If you are asking do you file your Defence at the same time as filing an AoS, then the answer is no.
    Please re read the first list in my earlier post which fully explains how you could file your Defence.

That's correct. Well done. Is there a question there?