PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 27th January 2020

Options

Comments

• Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Top up shop done, bedside table repaired. Met with friends. Played with dogs who did not want to walk.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • sexymouse
    sexymouse Posts: 6,054 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Monday Madness- Bathroom and Study/Pc Area
    Level One...
    [STRIKE]Clean floors in these rooms[/STRIKE]
    Level Two...
    [STRIKE]Clean baths, toilets, don't forget under the rim! and sinks[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Clear any clutter from desk[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Dust PC and desk and wipe off those cup rings!![/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Wipe keyboard, house phone, sockets, switches[/STRIKE]
    Level Three...
    [STRIKE]Wash your bathroom mats, nets, clean blind/curtains etc[/STRIKE]
    Wipe down tiles in bathroom.. defragment your pc while doing this.
    Empty and clean out all the upstairs bins!
    [STRIKE]Clean shower screen/curtain if you have one/if required[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Clear a mega hotspot!.. shred it.. and fling it..or just burn it![/STRIKE]
    Extras..
    • Wipe the skirtings, door and window frames in these rooms
    • Wipe down the doors and frames in these rooms.
    • clean the radiators in these rooms
    • Fling all those empty bottles and tubes
    • Replace sponges/flannels/toothbrushes that are in need
    Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    I married Moon 8/4/2011, baby boy born 26/9/2012, Angel Baby Poppy born 8/11/15, Rainbow baby boy born 11/2/2017
    £997.87/£2020
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh dear, not an auspicious start to the week; I've been too poorly to even dress for the last two days.:(

I did manage to get the recycling bagged up for Mr Wolf to put outside, as it's bin day tomorrow. I can't believe we had THREE empty 6-pint milk containers to go - and there's only the two of us here!

I shall have to do better tomorrow; we have workmen coming to reinforce the bottom of the fence round the back garden; there's a nasty gap forming, and if it gets much worse, it won't guarantee to stop a very small dog (Yorkie etc) from escaping; so we're going to get something done before it gets to that stage.

I also have a Meet'n'Greet visit on Friday - had an email out of the blue yesterday from a lady whose Staffie I looked after in 2017; she's now acquired a Cocker Spaniel, and wants us to have him as well as Mia the Staffie in July for a couple of days.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Goodintentions
    Options
    Good evening :D

Thank you for the lists :)
    I'm still here!! Last week I barely posted. I have been car shopping, as I don't want to pay out for my old one anymore! It needs new brakes, wipers and a bulb, the AC doesn't work, and now the heater is playing up. It won't get through the next MOT without paying more than it is worth so after nearly 11 years it is time to say goodbye :( It has served me well. I get my new one on Thursday!! :j:j Anyway, all that shopping around and talking to car salesmen takes quite a bit of time!!

Yesterday DH and I were out in the capital all day. We wandered around Chinatown (it was mobbed and it was a little scary at times!!), and then on to Mary Poppins (which was excellent), then a meal out using vouchers received at Christmas before heading home. I noticed quite a lot of people wearing face masks, mainly Chinese/oriental - a bit of an eye opener really!

Today I have cleaned the upstairs toilet & sink, and will do the shower when I use it later after Couch to 5K. Hopefully it will stop raining soon!

I had a panic earlier as I couldn't find my log book! It was in the 4th place I looked (the shed!!), along with SO MUCH paper that needs shredding!! I really don't need phone/energy bills from 2008!! I have made a start on that, and will store the shredded paper to be composted. It will take time, as I don't want to kill my shredder!

Dinner has been eaten - time for a little shredding before getting ready for a run. I'm really not feeling it tonight!!

Round I gave up working Mondays a while ago, and I think it's great!

Hugs, sticks and spoons to those that need them.
  • nmm
    nmm Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The desk clutter is gone, I can actually see the desk :j

Monday Madness- Bathroom and Study/Pc Area
    Level Two...
    [STRIKE]Clean baths, toilets, don't forget under the rim! and sinks
    Clear any clutter from desk
    Dust PC and desk and wipe off those cup rings!!
    Wipe keyboard, house phone, sockets, switches[/STRIKE]
    Extras..
    • [STRIKE]WM x1 and put outside to dry[/STRIKE] (great until I noticed a bird had sh*t on my OH's jeans :rotfl:)[STRIKE]
    • Kitchen S&S
    • clean the radiators in these rooms[/STRIKE]
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: Seascape Kit - Crochet:
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Oh.

I appear to have had "the talk" to husband...let's see what tomorrow brings.
    :(
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,664 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Gosh, where did last week go? Reasonable flying considering that we keep having to relocate kitchen stuff. Currently most of it is on the dining room table as tomorrow..........drum roll...........the Granite Man is coming to sort out the worktop which was dislodged when the new floor was put down. Another £350 I could think of better use for...........however if he is successful, the last stage is the Vinyl Fitter coming to lay the new stuff (more money). Then we can have the DW and WM back.
    The new bit we are doing in the garden is coming on, we spent quite a bit of time there in the last few days and are pleased with how it is getting on.
    I had a surprise text from friends on Friday asking if they would see me at the Park Run on Sat......:eek: I've only just started jogging 2 - 2.5km a few times since Christmas. However I gritted teeth and managed to do it, really pleased they encouraged me as I wanted a plan for this year.....ambitious target to do one each month (I've done 3 each year for the last 2 yrs :o).
    I completed my first report in the new format at the weekend and had it peer reviewed. It took forever but I think I might end up liking it once I've got the layout and template organised.
    Did the RSPB bird watch at the weekend so need to put that on the computer. 9 fairies turned up!
    Gym this morning, library, drum lesson, filled bird feeder, went to Mr T, started another report.
    Hugs to YL and any others who need it.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Dizzy hugs to you

In bed making a list for today, now I am feeling better I think I might go to my volunteering and see how I get on, provided I don't start with my hacking cough................
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • BadCat18
    BadCat18 Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Morning all

Busy day yesterday as predicted, probably the same today. Not done anything beyond making a cuppa yet so will get moving shortly,

Dailies before work, usual laundry shuffle and then see what else I can get done later on.

Have a good day, hugs, sticks and spoons available to those in need x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Dizzy_Imp wrote: »
    Oh.

I appear to have had "the talk" to husband...let's see what tomorrow brings.
    :(

Guys I am reading but not posting as really struggling but couldn't not respond to this. Big love to you dizzy xx

Also to you and your DS YL xx

Off back to lurk, trust me, I have NOWT happy to say at the moment so you don't want me here ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure