PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Post office van drove into my brand new home

Options

Comments

• BooJewels
    BooJewels Posts: 2,901 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    mollycat wrote: »
    Royal Mail..... Luftwafe.

Which is better?

Only one way to find out......FIGHT!!
    :D
    AdrianC wrote:
    Their reputations for delivery accuracy might vary.
    My front wall can vouch for the Luftwaffe being poor in this area.
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    BooJewels wrote: »
    Ah, but they didn't lose the "package"...
  • diggingdude
    diggingdude Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Shouldn't this thread really be titled "look how great Taylor wimpey were for fixing my house"??
    An answer isn't spam just because you don't like it......
  • BooJewels
    Options
    AdrianC wrote: »
    Ah, but they didn't lose the "package"...
    That's certainly true. We contemplated at the time it surfaced, that as no one here died, just some structural damage similar to ours, as it didn't fully go off - maybe it saved lives in Liverpool where it was intended for - the damage there in that campaign was catastrophic - so maybe people survived in Merseyside who went on to great things or raise children who did, because this particular device missed its target that night. You have to look for the silver lining.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,100 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    They were great I cant fault them!
    I simply came on this forum for advice from experienced home owners which i have recieved. I am learning as we all are in life.
    Did not come on here or offend people or myself to feel as stupid as I do. I get it I'm overreacting but we are all precious over things we have worked hard to own. Thanks for everyones help
  • 00ec25
    00ec25 Posts: 9,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    BooJewels wrote: »
    :D

wow someone from the fringes. Have you seen any alien lifeforms lately?
  • BooJewels
    Options
    00ec25 wrote: »
    wow someone from the fringes. Have you seen any alien lifeforms lately?
    Sorry, I don't understand? Nor am i sure what you're implying.
  • jackomdj
    jackomdj Posts: 3,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I can understand you being upset, but most people have a house moving day story.... It was fixed promptly so no problems.

We had a 2.4m pillar at the corner of our property knocked into by an Amazon delivery van delivering to our neighbour. Fortunately we had a ring doorbell and 5 months later Amazon paid up the £1700 to take down and rebuild it. It was the second time it had happened, first time without a ring doorbell, it was bin day but the council denied it (we live in a quiet close so not much traffic.)

Chill out and enjoy your new house.
  • gomer
    gomer Posts: 1,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I personally would refuse to use or accept any services from Royal Mail in future. That should show them.
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    jackomdj wrote: »
    I can understand you being upset, but most people have a house moving day story.... It was fixed promptly so no problems.

In our case it was first our dog getting injured in the new garden (I'd checked it over but missed a potential hazard) and being rushed to the emergency vets. On coming home from there and finally settling in to relax on our first night and the main water pipe coming up through the floor burst, spraying water up as far as the fuse box, soaking our sofa, and ruining our newly laid floor. As far as moving day problems go I would have much preferred 3 slightly damaged bricks that were easily fixed than what we went through.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure