Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe» Debt Free Diaries

Buffy takes it 6 months at a time - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Buffy takes it 6 months at a time

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
934 replies 73K views

Replies

• BuffythedebtslayerBuffythedebtslayer Forumite
    16.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Hope you're not eating the rabbits :rotfl:

Well done on the productive day despite not feeling great.

Ha ha no, I am love with the rabbits at the moment :) Spent loads of time sitting with them today. Cleaning them out took ages!

Mum made roast dinner, it was LUSH. but she is now shattered.

I should go and look at my room disdainfully and then clean out the piggies. Must do something about the goldfish too. Seem to have found some chocolate santas.hmmm.
    Debt Free as of 26/07/19 (third time is the charm!)
    Emergency fund - 1100, Deposit - 800, Insurance and Christmas -300 , House - 5533
    16.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am shedding today. Not exciting. AT ALL. Very depressing. I tried listing pet stuff on FB for free to avoid landfill but thanks to bloody stupid PETA the minute you mention a type of animal they reject it. grrr.

So it will be going to landfill. Bit annoying. Tho will try another pet group first.
    Emergency fund - 1100, Deposit - 800, Insurance and Christmas -300 , House - 5533
  • Sun_AddictSun_Addict Forumite
    11K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a shame you can't give the pet stuff away. I suppose you're trying a local group, we have a neighbour type one on an app not FB. I can understand the banning of selling/giving away actual pets but not equipment. Would an animal shelter be interested?
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2021 £42.82
    Emergency Fund £5150/£10,000
    January NSD: 9
    16.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I messaged three animal places. Might have a lead for one about an hour from me (!) Might be able to persuade a friend to take me...maybe cos on a motorway it is about 40 minutes and I wouldn't have to worry about getting lost etc.

Other than that it was a bit of a bust of a day. I really don't know what to do with some of the stuff.

I have old school work - easy - bin
    I have LOADS of pet stuff - easy - keep (still have the pets!)
    I have kitchen stuff and furniture - two tables, two bedside cabinets a desk. much of the kitchen stuff will go. The furniture. I still like it . I still dream of wooden floors and open doors. So yeah that stays.

There is bric a brac. possibly for charity shop. or a fire.

The most depressing thing I found (well so far) was a load of sewing projects I had. And some of the pet stuff, I never need to buy ANY toys EVER.

I have put stuff in the loft.

Money wise, I bought petrol, last night's dinner and there was something else. Oh membership to a work website.

No crap.

I am sending two more things back so that is good. Buying stuff is what got me into ALL the messes for the last ten or so years.

Just had a look at FB and got an alert from someone selling a cage.....er no! Not what I want at all!

anyhow watching silent witness. pretty good.

xxx
    11K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how come they can put a cage on FB and you can't put your stuff on?
    16.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how come they can put a cage on FB and you can't put your stuff on?

I don't know!

I think you can appeal but I did it on my phone and couldn't figure it out.

I think tomorrow a couple of better pictures and a try again.
    16.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turns out cos I was offering it for free the group I posted it in didn't allow it, also if mention an animal of any sort FB stops it but then looks at your post and allows it. I messaged the other person who selling a cage - she had it on there for weeks and I quite got her hopes up.

Tip again today, my life eh? we are making progress on the clutter front.
    But it is very very very slow. All unmade decisions. or rushed decisions or silly unplanned indulgence.

I am determined to get to the bottom of everything i own and work out why it is there. Which sounds MENTAL but honestly when I move on would I really take this !!!! with me?

I am so hungry.

Also having a lot of pets is hard work. Yes, I know Captain Obvious! I haven't ever thought about it much really but am trying to plan my weekly chores........YAWN. and it is all water changes and feeding and cleaning. Got to do better really.

Take care folks XXX
  • doingitanywaydoingitanyway Forumite
    6.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also trying to plan my chores so I am not living in a tip and I don't even have pets!
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
    11K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've read somewhere that when decluttering you should consider whether you'd take the item with you if you moved house. If the answer is no get rid of it.
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    74.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I've read somewhere that when decluttering you should consider whether you'd take the item with you if you moved house. If the answer is no get rid of it.

That's a good tip actually.:A
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 1 month to go ****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***