Forum Home» Health & Beauty MoneySaving

Frump to Fab - A Whole New World. - Page 6

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Frump to Fab - A Whole New World.

edited 31 December 2019 at 8:34AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
2.8K replies 199.3K views

Replies

• Wednesday2000Wednesday2000 Forumite
    5K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was looking what free podcasts I get with Amazon Prime but I got interrupted. I will look again tomorrow when my husband is at work.

I'm about to have a hot bath and defuzz and then use body butter.
    maman wrote: »
    My fake Skechers are from Shoe Zone Wednesday. I think they have a branch on most high streets. I've got these at the moment with the white soles.
    https://www.shoezone.com/Products/Podium-Womens-Black-Mesh-Slip-On-Sporty-Pump-12528

Thanks.:) Wow, they are very similar to the real thing and so much cheaper!

Wednesday I need to clean my driveway and the hard landscaping in the back garden too. I left it too late in the autumn. They all look pretty messy and There's tons to do. I think I will need to invest in a pressure washer.

A pressure washer is a good buy. It's much easier than using a broom.

I have decided to clean my drive and patio every weekend with just a broom and white vinegar now so it doesn't get into that mess again. It was really gross with green mould! Hopefully then it will just need a thorough pressure washer clean a couple of times a year.
  • 1LuckyLady1LuckyLady Forumite
    1.2K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all,
    Baby steps going well so far.
    We were out today for a brunch with my parents. I dressed in jeans and a smart top, I put eye shadow, mascara & perfume on. oh and a pair of wedge heeled boots (instead of my usual trainers)
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • mamanmaman Forumite
    23.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1LuckyLady wrote: »
    Evening all,
    Baby steps going well so far.
    We were out today for a brunch with my parents. I dressed in jeans and a smart top, I put eye shadow, mascara & perfume on. oh and a pair of wedge heeled boots (instead of my usual trainers)

Well done you. :T And I'm sure you felt better for making the effort. :) Keep it up and then things like some make up, perfume and planning your outfit will become a habit and then you can add in other things. :)
  • edited 3 January 2020 at 8:03PM
    MollMoll Forumite
    427 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    edited 3 January 2020 at 8:03PM
    Well i survived the Spa Centre, Felt good to think id gone out of my comfort zone and did it , Quite enjoyed it really , so much so that ive signed up for a 6 week pass. I went with a friend , and we swam most of the time , but also went into the Sauna and the Steam room too a couple of times , checked out the gym for next time , ive decided i can do the treadmill , rower , and the bike at a steady pace ( Got a bad heart) but ive got to build up my cardio and i think this will be good , I think in my mind i had visions of slim and sleek ladies dressed in bikinis ..but this wasnt the case at all , Everyone was like me or with families. On the fabbing front , my daughter is a trained hairdresser , and she coloured my hair and put highlights in , and i only paid a tenner . bargain . Met with my Slimming world friend today , we always meet on a Friday , and discuss our stratigy for the coming week , share recipes and ideas, so if all goes well this week should have a good weight loss too , She made us a nice dinner too , of salad , jacket potatoe and omelette. Had a nice bubble bath tonight , done a pedicure and creamed my feet , so im going in the right direction , Hopefully ill keep it up , but i havent felt brill today so hope im not coming down with something , Enjoying reading what everyone else is doing
  • littlegreenparrotlittlegreenparrot Forumite
    392 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Jellybaby wrote: »
    Morning everyone,

I’m now on my third day at home, no other reason than I hate shops and no need really to go out. I’m enjoying the time pottering as I work full time, have my youngest still living with me and check on elderly parents every other day.

I do like your suggestions about podcasts littlegreenparrot, I’m not very techie though! Do I download from play store? I have loads of walking /cycling areas on my doorstep. I weigh in on Saturday, this will not be pretty!! Need to get my game head on and back to basics and planning meals.

Hope everyone has a lovely day.

BBC sounds all is a great place to start, you will find that on the play store.
    If you have iTunes there are podcasts and audio books on there, many of which are free.

For audible it's a subscription, but you can get a free trial. £7.99 a month gets you a free credit every month, you can buy content, use a credit (there is no value limit on them), and there is also free content. I look for the long/ expensive stuff and use the credit. First one was 60 hours of Stephen Fry reading all of Sherlock Holmes, would have cost a fortune!
    I'm out for hours at a time running, so a book that just runs on really suits me.
  • misstaramisstara Forumite
    3.7K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finished up work a bit early today and went for a lovely walk along the beach, trying to get out for a walk/do some form of exercise every day as could do with losing a bit of weight. I've put on a lot recently (over 3 stone in about 18 weeks :eek:) and although some of it was very much needed following a period of being ill last year, the last stone or so not so much :rotfl: Planning to go a run with a friend tomorrow.

Did a wee clear out of the TV unit and found 5 half used hand creams and 1 foot cream so will make sure that I apply daily to get them used up. I know I've got at least another 3 unopened hand creams in my toiletries stash plus an opened 1 in my handbag so need to get back in the habit of applying it regularly.
    Debt at LBM Jan 2014 £10458.09 Now £0
    New flat debt Jan 2017 £2302.75 Now £0
    Debt Feb 2020: Credit card - £607.09. Now £0
    Car - £4992.88. Now £3377.86 (32.3% paid)
    Emergency fund - £714.17/£1000. Car fund - £322.11/£1000.
    Flat deposit - £181.03/£15,000 (1.2% saved).
  • lessonlearnedlessonlearned Forumite
    13.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good morning lovely ladies.

Maman.....thanks for the link for the fake sketchers. Just what I'm looking for. :D

Still struggling a bit with the lurgy so going to have a quiet at home day. Will take down the decorations and just have a general tidy up. I think that will be enough for today.

I am having a use up month, being extra careful with the housekeeping budget. Car mot due this month and I want to try and fund a decorator for the kitchen. The beams are a big job, very time consuming so its going to cost a bit.

So I have decided to be really thrifty for a couple of months and cut back where I can so I don't deplete my savings too much. I don't need any clothes, I won't buy any books and I have plenty of toiletries, cleaning materials etc. So i just need to make sure I menu plan properly to stretch the grocery budget as far as I can.
  • edited 4 January 2020 at 11:25AM
    MollMoll Forumite
    427 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    edited 4 January 2020 at 11:25AM
    Morning everyone , A dull day here , but at least its not raining , still feeling a bit under the weather , so taking it easy today . Just had a nice cuppa , but before that i took the christmas cards down , christmas pictures off the wall , and my big fibre optic christmas tree is back in its box , Cant put it away completely as its a "Bit " broken and DH said hed try and fix it , Its working , but isnt changing colour anymore , so must be stuck somewhere on the fan ??? Hope its repairable as weve had it many years and i love it , Im like a big kid with the christmas cards, and wonder what i can make with them , ( Im big into recycling ) Ive got a sissix machine and template for making new tags , that turn out really nice , Extra tags i dont need, i give my Dad to take to the Sally Army he attends as they are always fund raising , Extra bits go in the recycling bin so all gets uses one way or another , My 7 year old grandaughter put the decorations on the tree for me this year , and id got a few new decorations , hadnt realised till a few days after that shes even used the price tags and hung them on as extra decorations . I left them on the branches ,,,she seemed to like them lol . Im an old traditionalist , and do the 12 days of Christmas , so dont take ALL the decorations down untill 12th night
  • 1LuckyLady1LuckyLady Forumite
    1.2K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    maman wrote: »
    Well done you. :T And I'm sure you felt better for making the effort. :) Keep it up and then things like some make up, perfume and planning your outfit will become a habit and then you can add in other things. :)
    Thank you :)
    misstara wrote: »
    Did a wee clear out of the TV unit and found 5 half used hand creams and 1 foot cream so will make sure that I apply daily to get them used up. I know I've got at least another 3 unopened hand creams in my toiletries stash plus an opened 1 in my handbag so need to get back in the habit of applying it regularly.
    Thank you for your post, its reminded me that I have some foot cream and hand cream somewhere, so I'll hunt for them after my cuppa :)
    Afternoon all, Hope those feeling poorly, feel better soon.
    I think I'm getting the hang of this "looking after myself" lark!
    Today we didn't need to do anything/be anywhere but decided to have a walk round the block anyway as the weather was very mild and the sky was blue. Normally I'd scrape my hair back and go in my joggers/trainers. Not today though, I brushed my hair and wore it down, I put in ear rings, wore perfume, mascara and a bit of lippy. I wore my jeans and the wedge boots from yesterday with a brightly coloured jumper rather then living in my black joggers/black tshirt black.grey hoodie! Dh commented that I looked nice :D

Have a good day all.
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • lessonlearnedlessonlearned Forumite
    13.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maman.....just had a brainwave. :rotfl:

How about knitting for your neonatal unit. Premature babies need to be kept warm so little hats, cosy shawls or blankets. Maybe contact them and find out exactly what they need.