Forum Home» Health & Beauty MoneySaving

Frump to Fab - A Whole New World. - Page 4

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Frump to Fab - A Whole New World.

edited 31 December 2019 at 8:34AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
2.6K replies 183.2K views

Replies

• mamanmaman Forumite
    23.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :wave:
    Good to see so many new faces, re-joiners and former lurkers. You're very welcome.:)

I'm enjoying reading through all the ideas. I think that's one of the many pluses about the thread, sharing ideas. It's also a good form of gentle accountability and the chat's good!:D

Today's my first real day back to 'normal' after the various festivities. I've started with a brisk hour's walk. :)

Walking more is going to be one of my 'roaring twenties' targets for the year. I will count up to 20 of my organised health walks (like today) but expect to exceed that as I go weekly unless I'm away. On top of that I want to do 20 other brisk walks (to develop a regular habit) whether that's on my own or by joining the various ones around the city.

This afternoon I'm going to take down the Christmas decorations. I'll just leave the wreath on the door until Twelfth Night.:)
  • savingmoresavingmore Forumite
    514 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    good for you Moll in asking for the trial pass. I love those places, but know it can feel a bit intimidating. Great you can go with a friend. I love the idea that many places are now offering 6 week passes, think it’s much better than one year subscriptions.

I am trying to do a 20 mins walk everyday. Did one yesterday in the snow and -11c...it was quite stimulating, walk 10 mins, then turn around and walk back. just need to keep it up now!

• lessonlearnedlessonlearned Forumite
    13.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whilst tidying my bedroom I decided to move my stash of vitamins to the kitchen. Hopefully that way I'll remember to take them every day.....:rotfl:

Very dark here today and a cold wind, just couldn't face a walk today. I feel cold and shivery as it is so just keeping warm. Not especially hungry either so just making sure I stay hydrated. Throat is rather sore so need to dig out the honey and lemon later.

Not the best way to start the new year......hey ho.

Aiming to take down the Christmas decs over the weekend and give the house a good blitz. Then treat myself to some nice new houseplants. I really need to browse round Dunhelm and the diy sheds for lighting and accessories but not really up to it. Still theres no rush.
  • lessonlearnedlessonlearned Forumite
    13.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wednesday.....I like the idea of a regular cleaning rota. I might copy it.........

I have found that since I have done so much decluttering cleaning is certainly quicker and easier. Still plenty of decluttering still to go though. ;)
  • 1LuckyLady1LuckyLady Forumite
    1.2K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all,

All the family is still on holidays so another chilled day at home watching films and last nights Strongest Man final. Before that though I made sure I had a shower, dressed smarter then normal, put perfume and a bit of mascara on. Baby steps :D
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • Wednesday2000Wednesday2000 Forumite
    4.9K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    savingmore wrote: »
    I am trying to do a 20 mins walk everyday. Did one yesterday in the snow and -11c...it was quite stimulating, walk 10 mins, then turn around and walk back. just need to keep it up now!

I try to walk outside for at least 20 mins everyday in daylight for my mental health. :)

I was walking 1 hour or more at one point but it got a bit dull, maybe if I lived somewhere that looked a bit more inspiring.:D
    Whilst tidying my bedroom I decided to move my stash of vitamins to the kitchen. Hopefully that way I'll remember to take them every day.....:rotfl:

That is what I did when the GP said I had a vitamin D deficiency a few years ago. I got a day of the week pill box and keep it right next to the cups and glasses in my kitchen cupboard so I always remember now.:T
    Wednesday.....I like the idea of a regular cleaning rota. I might copy it.........

I have found that since I have done so much decluttering cleaning is certainly quicker and easier. Still plenty of decluttering still to go though. ;)

I have been reading up and I have been missing out on some of what what are supposed to be daily tasks. Eek. I deep clean my kitchen sink daily but not my bathroom sink. It makes sense to just give the whole bathroom a wipe over daily so it is less of a job when I give it a proper clean.

There were some good cleaning tips online, actually. I'm not sure I am ready to join the FlyLady thread on here yet, though.:rotfl:
  • maddiemaymaddiemay Forumite
    4.4K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Two good things happened today fabwise, firstly PT session, hard work after a week off, but not too fatigued, then this afternoon haircut and blow dry. Hairdresser is pleased with the condition of my hair, as I had been concerned about hair loss from the medication I need to take.

Because the timing was a bit tricky it meant that I had a longer quick paced walk in the town as I needed to retrace my steps to get everything done.

First clothes buying of the year, both from CS. A pair of black Robell embossed jeggings retail £60 in local boutique. Land's End dressy looking down/feather black wet look gilet.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • chaniechanie Forumite
    2.8K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    reading - a tip

I’ve posted this before, but thought I’d repost in case it helps any newbies.

Many libraries have e-libraries so you can download books to a tablet or phone. It’s great for people who may find it difficult to get to the library as you can download books from the comfort of your WiFi once you have registered.

As well as books, you may also be able to download magazines. I can now read magazines like Closer, Woman and Home, Grazia, Chat, BBC Food and yachting world (my fave) for free.
    2020 savings on purchases £6303.60
  • misstaramisstara Forumite
    3.6K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Used a body brush today and yesterday, have had it for years but hardly ever use it, going to try and get into the habit of using it every day. Wore a dress to work yesterday and got several compliments, back in my usual jeans today but will try to make more of an effort in the future :)
    Debt at LBM Jan 2014 £10458.09 Now £0
    New flat debt Jan 2017 £2302.75 Now £0
    Debt Feb 2020: Credit card - £607.09. Now £0
    Car - £4992.88. Now £3671.50 (26.5% paid)
    Emergency fund - £602.17/£1000. Car fund - £197.11/£1000.
    Flat deposit - £106.03/£15,000 (0.7% saved).
  • littlegreenparrotlittlegreenparrot Forumite
    384 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    For those getting into walking I love audio books and podcasts, even if the scenery isn't that inspiring it helps the time pass more happily.

I have an audible subscription and love it, the choice is enormous.

My vit D tablets live by the kettle, it's the one place I'll definitely look!

In fabbing terms I had a win at the weekend. Had a look in the Oxfam shop next to the beautician after my appt.
    Found a beautiful bright red knit Boden dress that was calling out to me...it's a bit tight but it should be good in a couple of months.

My top weight loss tip is to decide on an unreasonably ambitious race and start training for it :rotfl: