Forum Home» Health & Beauty MoneySaving

Frump to Fab - A Whole New World. - Page 264

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Frump to Fab - A Whole New World.

edited 31 December 2019 at 8:34AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
2.8K replies 199.6K views

Replies

• Wednesday2000Wednesday2000 Forumite
    5K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happy belated birthday Sukey.

It's lovely and sunny here today. I was looking through my wardrobe and I want to wear some different things as I tend to wear the same outfits. I was just going for a walk and I just tried on a navy maxi dress I hadn't worn during the summer and wore a jumper over it with a necklace. I think the dress looks very frumpy on me as it is a very loose shape. I am getting rid of it after wearing it today!

I noticed when I got in that my hand bag strap is coming off as well so that bag may have to go too. It's annoying as I like that bag. It was just from a charity shop this year but it is exactly the right size.

I should do some deep cleaning. It is so demoralising with having four pets as as soon as I clean anything it is covered in pet fur again very quickly!

I am wondering if my husband and I will be able to go out after Christmas for a day out as he has the whole week off. I am not sure what the restrictions will mean yet. 

I might see if I can book a Christmas grocery slot too, actually...

• maddiemaymaddiemay Forumite
    4.5K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi ladies, I hope that you are more comfortable today @sugarbaby125, it is so hard when our bodies rebel, especially when the mindset is right to get some things done.
    I had a couple of busy days earlier, but am lucky that OH is here and willing to do the heavier stuff, currently have the builders here, large hole in the roof ATM, they are fitting a Velux window on the landing for us, needed to move many things and cover the rest, it is a dirty process, but they are very good and also Covid aware.

@maman No plans for BF purchases, I have updated my tech (Kindle Paperwhite, Tablet and phone), also bought a Sage sandwich toaster and waffle maker as well as an inexpensive air fryer for the kitchen. Lockdown has meant that I had adequate funds left without touching or reducing savings, I really do appreciate my good fortune.  I would have preferred having the holidays and the resulting memories, but as they say "it is what it is"

I have been guilty of only wearing the same things over and over, I gave myself a hefty kick last week and have actually worn skirts several days, looked good and made me feel good too, will continue, but too cold today with front door wide open and a hole in the roof to boot.
    Take care and stay safe.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)