We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

2020++ - smiling and waving and looking so fine

1…146147149151152…187

Comments

  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 7,934
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic
    Forumite
    As long as it was not a tantrum in a teabag you'll be fine, and can still dispense your wisdom with abandon.
    4/10/25Three Years Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢
    No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    f0xh0les said:
    As long as it was not a tantrum in a teabag you'll be fine, and can still dispense your wisdom with abandon.
    I love this
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 8,221
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    f0xh0les said:
    As long as it was not a tantrum in a teabag you'll be fine, and can still dispense your wisdom with abandon.
    I love this
    Tantrum in a teabag - lol!!

    I love the James Acaster tea bag analogy for brexit - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DENLFFgTTVI 
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 8,221
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 7 June 2023 at 9:42PM
    Here is a catch up report
    1. Steps:  1.06/2.5million steps this year - 2 days behind target   
    2. Weight a little up so 6/24 for target 1 (Under 17st)  - At least I only gained a few lbs in my month off
    3. Exercise - 5km in 48'52" on treadmill  - 2km in 9':23.8 on the C2 Rowing Machine  - Membership paused while its summer
    4. Savings - £6000 / £10,800 - juggling savings is my new hobby
    5. Retirement-Day - 10 months to go (Stopped using Actual Working Days to go as was getting confused so now just doing weeks
    Also ate a frog and will be getting £600 rebate from my energy supplier as coming into summer with 2 less adults in the house, I was over £1000 in credit.

    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 10,925
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    'juggling savings is my new hobby' made me laugh  :)

    Well done with the frog.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them

    Emergency fund 1400/1000
    Buffer fund 100/100
    Debt Free (again) 25/07/2025
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    'juggling savings is my new hobby' made me laugh  :)

    Well done with the frog.
    Made me smile too. 

    Well done on the credit.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 8,221
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Thank you

    Having a quieter week at work than the last few - which is good as May was intense, meant I could reach out to a few people so that I could pay back some favours, and do that corporate stuff that I won't miss at all, but is still important for getting on

    Enjoyed a coffee out in the garden with OH - still stuff to do but was good and shady whilst also being warm - luxury

    I need to restart my exercise Mojo and restart the diet - a much better hobby than the one I suggested above :smile:

    A busy weekend cleaning out the rooms formerly occupied by DS1 - did a good job, but still not quite good enough for moving in of his sibling & +1

    Good weekend all
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Sounds like it's still full on at home 
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 8,221
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I know its never ending - or in my case never starting :smile:

    SH, you are much further ahead in your journey tp decluttering / tidy.  The fact is I don't enjoy that suff and I'm not naturally tidy-minded - everything I throw away reminds me of the mistake I made in buying it, and the risk we might need it (which has happened almost every time we have made a start).  The above is all a pants excuse really, I just need to get going and it is really motivating to see the difference its made to you
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Thanks Mark. I feel lighter as stuff leaves. Less nagging things in my eyeline
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.