We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

2020++ - smiling and waving and looking so fine

1…144145147149150…187

Comments

  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 8,221
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Thank you SH. Yes indeed it is good to see numbers decreasing. 

    Today hav
    e done some frog chasing - even got to eat some!!
    * Technical email frog
    * Big pension admin / MSE frog
    * CC repayment frog 
    * Council Admin frog 

    + 10K Steps


    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 8,221
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 17 April 2023 at 10:49AM
    Yes, I am still alive, been super busy and also a bit of lurgy in the house

    Plus helping out for the local elections doing a lot of steps leafletting and canvassing

    Will save more news for a bit - maybe some longer posts during the coronation weekend as I catch up

    Mark
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Good you're still alive. I imagine you're doing a lot of steps if you are canvassing!
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 8,221
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Yes SH - during the lurgy I fell behind my target (my hope had been to never fall below target).  So now I have to catch up, which I will but not overnight. Th last 4 days have all been over 9000 and I only need 7000 for target.  So thats 1 day caught up!
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 8,221
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Lots of walking - leafletting and canvassing - so I am now as of yesterday back on target for 2.5m, and about 20000 under my stretch target of 7000/day.  Slowly but surely.

    This morning will be spent in my armchair watching the marathon - that's a lot of steps
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Well done on the steps. Yeah - I can't imagine doing a marathon. When I try to run - I always feel like I'm about to face plant.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 8,221
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    A busy weekend helping with the elections including a long leaflet round where I reached 25000 in one day - I think for the first time since I got a f1tb1t. I am also now over my 7000/day target with a day or 2 to spare as the previous week had been over 10k/day on average

    Moneywise payday has been and gone a couple of easier months then July is expensive so hope to put a little extra by to cover car and house insurance.  At worst my flexible friend can help out with cash flow, as I am determined to keep saving at the same rate.  So coming into May with the  CC clear and a little tight on spends no biggies to worry about.

    I've been eating my frogs as well, I changed provider with my pension pot and that should save me about £500 a year in fees which (if I got my cashback forms right will be paid from the transfer-in bonus).  Also did some receipt legwork for my OH and her charity work - it had built up a little more than I thought so I hope that will be another £500 this month - but maybe next month,

    No dramas really just another week of shenanigans and will be back to normal.  I'll report back then on other aspects - will prob need to focus on weight next!       
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 8,221
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Will be taking a break from the diary for the next 4-8 weeks. I have a load of work and I really want to get busy in the garden. TTFN see you soon enough

    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    Enjoy your break

    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.