We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

2020++ - smiling and waving and looking so fine

1…145146148150151…187

Comments

  • alt80
    alt80 Posts: 4,689
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Good to see you back mate, sounds like you've been productive. Great news on the flat for your son.
  • AntoMac
    AntoMac Posts: 3,557
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Well done on your election result. Sounds like your hard work paid off
    27/5/17 Mort 64705 BTs 1904031/12/17 Mort 59815 BT 1673007/04/20 Mort 49208 BT 1572128/07/20 Mort 47387 BT 1263414/11/20 Mort 45905 BT 10134 20/05/21 Mort 42335 BT 686811/08/22 Mort 32050 BT 2915Sealed Pot Challenge 16 Number 5
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 8,221
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Yes both good news in different ways - thanks - it's good to be back!
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 27 May 2023 at 11:24PM
    Glad the Pip for youngest got resolved. It can be a horrid process. 

    Glad someone enjoyed election season. 

    Great news on DS1 fledging.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 7,934
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic
    Forumite
    Well that all sounds wonderfully positive, well done, and congratulations on the chick leaving the nest. 
    Now I want to know about the diplomatic incident - are you to be addressed as 'disgraced former ambassador M'  now? 
    4/10/25Three Years Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢
    No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 8,221
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    @f0xh0les - More of an undiplomatic incident really,

    As you know my diary has been going a long while and part of my enjoyment was the various metrics I use to keep track in my signature. The MSE team insisted that for Ambassadors the pro forma text had to be front and centre to support clarity / policy compliance rather than personal signature going first. In the discussion of this I felt I was being treated more as an resource than a valued member - so I got a bit huffy and walked - I'm not good at being micro-managed. My boards were active and needed no real maintenance so I don't feel I let anyone down - and I am concentrating on fewer things this year as I wind it all down - so whilst not win/win I don't think it was lose/lose.

    So now I have lost my signature and will have to recreate it - but for now Bowie will take the strain.. 

    (I probably should have left the incident all mysterious as it was all a bit storm in a tea pot and TBH "contrary old man" is not a great look :smile:)
    (( On the plus side - I can finally admit I don't really like Ferrero Rocher))
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    LOL at storm in teacup.... 
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 7,934
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic
    Forumite
    Yay to recreating and reinstating your signature.  You never know, it might come back next time they do their factory reset.  Mine keeps jumping back to previous versions. I even had a mortgage again! 
    4/10/25Three Years Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢
    No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 8,221
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    LOL at storm in teacup.... 
    well it was more than a teacup -!!  apologies for mixing my metaphors.  although apparently the american version is a Tempest in a Teapot
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Tempest hey.... Glad you're back.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.