We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

2020++ - smiling and waving and looking so fine

1…140141143145146…187

Comments

  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 10,925
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Great walking
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them

    Emergency fund 1400/1000
    Buffer fund 100/100
    Debt Free (again) 25/07/2025
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 8,221
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I just use a pair of Nike basic model trainers (luckily work is quite informal now) - I went to an outlet store and told the guy I just needed something for moderate/beginner use and for £30 he sorted me out
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 8,221
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I know its Thursday, but here is my report from Monday . 
    • Steps:  252K/2.5million steps this year - 0.5 days ahead of target - Max on Target Streak 5   
    • Weight - nothing lost or gained last week so 12/24 for target 1 (Under 17st) 
    • Exercise - 5km in 48'52" on treadmill  (1 min down) - 2km in 9'54 on the C2 Rowing Machine (not doing atm) - been a bit slack
    • Savings - £1500 / £10,800
    • Retirement-Day - 245 AWDs (Actual Working Days to go)
    Pretty pleased with that.  Need to have another go on the rowing machine when I come back from holiday I will be plenty of days ahead so will have a go
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 8,221
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Holiday going well - roistering limited to a few coffee and cakes, a co-op shop an ASDA shop and an indulgent brunch at our favourite beach cafe.

    Have done 10K steps each full day so far so well ahead of target - cloudy but not rainy or windy - so that's fine if not perfect! 
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 7,934
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic
    Forumite
    In which county are you currently roistering ?   Just so I can add more colour to my vicariousness...ness...ness
    4/10/25Three Years Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢
    No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 10,925
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Brunch on your fave beach out of season is my kind of roistering  :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them

    Emergency fund 1400/1000
    Buffer fund 100/100
    Debt Free (again) 25/07/2025
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 8,221
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Did not mean to be so mysterious @f0xh0les- but I always roister in Cornwall.  Not because it's near but because it's further away from more people than anywhere else!!.  Plus a 12 degrees sunny day in February is like stealing from nature!!
     
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • Good work on the steps etc :)
    DFD March 2025 (£35000 paid off)
    FFEF £20000 saved
    Currently treading water while having cancer treatment and trying not to dip into FFEF too much!
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Enjoy your holiday 
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 8,221
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Thank you all - nearly out of roisterousness - in fact I might be roisterousnessless - quiet day by the seaside - with a Sunday roast if I can get the cottage oven to do a roast!!
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.