• colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    RG2015 said:
    colsten said:
    RG2015 said:
    colsten said:t
    dahj said:
    Lloyds did that to me and gave me the option of ID Q&A check over the phone or going into branch with ID. I passed the Q&A check so they asked about the payment/payee and sent it by FP later that day.

Struggling to see the massive difference...if you aren't happy then forgo the £20 interest and close it.  
    It is still highly unusual, even if you had a check at Lloyds. It has not happened for me on any of at least three dozens of accounts at various banks, including Lloyds and the 2 other LBG banks. 

It's fine by me if you struggle to see the difference, and no, I won't be closing my Virgin accounts but I will continue to point out their peculiarities.
    More than 36 current accounts? Wow!

Your credit reports must go on forever.
    It might do but that's not interfering with anything I am doing, so not a problem. As none of the accounts has ever been overdrawn or in default, they will add to my good credit score. 

I thought it was a capital offence on MSE to call a credit score good, bad, or anything else other than meaningless. :)  It certainly is on the Credit File & Ratings board.
    Looks I might be in illustrious company if there's a jail sentence for this capital offence.

• RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    colsten said:
    RG2015 said:
    colsten said:
    RG2015 said:
    dahj said:
    Lloyds did that to me and gave me the option of ID Q&A check over the phone or going into branch with ID. I passed the Q&A check so they asked about the payment/payee and sent it by FP later that day.

Struggling to see the massive difference...if you aren't happy then forgo the £20 interest and close it.  
    It is still highly unusual, even if you had a check at Lloyds. It has not happened for me on any of at least three dozens of accounts at various banks, including Lloyds and the 2 other LBG banks. 

It's fine by me if you struggle to see the difference, and no, I won't be closing my Virgin accounts but I will continue to point out their peculiarities.

It might do but that's not interfering with anything I am doing, so not a problem. As none of the accounts has ever been overdrawn or in default, they will add to my good credit score. 

I thought it was a capital offence on MSE to call a credit score good, bad, or anything else other than meaningless. :)  It certainly is on the Credit File & Ratings board.
    Looks I might be in illustrious company if there's a jail sentence for this capital offence.

:)
  • RG2015
    edited 17 July 2020 at 6:46PM
    colsten said:
    RG2015 said:
    colsten said:
    RG2015 said:
    dahj said:

MoneySavingsExpert has a business agreement with Experian. Therefore Martin and co. are not going to rock the credit score boat..

The general consensus on the Credit File & Ratings board is that the score itself if of little use and that the only important element on a credit report is the accuracy of the credit history.
  • colsten
    Of course the score is nothing more than an indicator assigned by a CRA. I didn't get dozens of accounts & cards by not knowing how credit scoring works.
  • RG2015
    colsten said:
    Of course the score is nothing more than an indicator assigned by a CRA. I didn't get dozens of accounts & cards by not knowing how credit scoring works.
    My post was mainly for the benefit of newbies who may have been influenced by an experienced user and Martin Lewis extolling the benefits of a good credit score.
  • I don't like the look of the card, it looks like a phone top-up card.

• dcs34
    dcs34 Posts: 536 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I don't like the look of the card, it looks like a phone top-up card.

Doesn't hurt if most on here have no real interest in using the card very often  ;)
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,193 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    colsten said:
    RG2015 said:
    dahj said:

Hope you've appointed efficient Executors, and informed them of the scale of their task o:)
  • colsten
    badger09 said:
    colsten said:
    RG2015 said:
    dahj said:

Hope you've appointed efficient Executors, and informed them of the scale of their task o:)
    No worries, it's of course all in hand, incl LPA. Not that it will bother me too much what happens when I'm gone 😇
  • I don't like the look of the card, it looks like a phone top-up card.

Is it worse or better than the Clydesdale version?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback