Virgin Money Current Account

12526283031122

Replies

  • edited 1 June 2020 at 4:32PM
    colstencolsten Forumite
    17.6K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 1 June 2020 at 4:32PM
    I opened this account three weeks ago, and has been blocked since.  Just got a text notifying me I've got a low balance!  Maybe their systems are slowly beginning to grind into action?
    Just a thought that might help put an end to this sorry story. In case you haven't tried this yet.

    Somewhere on one of the application pages (of which there appear to be several), there is a "Resume existing application" button. I saw it this morning, but don't ask me now how to find it again.....in any case, it still had my application from weeks ago, and it let me "complete" it - - - by saying something like "congratulations, your account is already open".

    If you can find that Resume button, you might be able to breathe some life into your application? 
  • edited 1 June 2020 at 4:50PM
    gt94sss2gt94sss2 Forumite
    4.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 1 June 2020 at 4:50PM
    gt94sss2 said:
    My account won’t let me withdraw any money.

    I did get an letter a few weeks back saying they thought my application was fraudulent (done by someone else with my details) but I called their fraud team at the time - to confirm the account was legitimate - who said my account had then been unblocked..

    If it hasn’t, perhaps that’s why my attempts to get a second account have resulted in no response from Virgin (not even a decline) - despite them carrying out hard credit checks each time
    Just to update, I called them today. It seems their fraud management team had a note of my earlier call, saying the account was legitimate - they had just forgotten to do it!
    The account has now been unblocked.
  • surreysaversurreysaver Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    colsten said:
    I opened this account three weeks ago, and has been blocked since.  Just got a text notifying me I've got a low balance!  Maybe their systems are slowly beginning to grind into action?
    Just a thought that might help put an end to this sorry story. In case you haven't tried this yet.

    Somewhere on one of the application pages (of which there appear to be several), there is a "Resume existing application" button. I saw it this morning, but don't ask me now how to find it again.....in any case, it still had my application from weeks ago, and it let me "complete" it - - - by saying something like "congratulations, your account is already open".

    If you can find that Resume button, you might be able to breathe some life into your application? 
    I think that's how I manged to get the account open in the first place!  It was previously giving me the 'You look familiar' message, but when I was mucking around with their website I seemed to come across this 'resume application' button, clicked it, and it let me open the account!
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • edited 2 June 2020 at 12:05PM
    crumpet_mancrumpet_man Forumite
    330 Posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    edited 2 June 2020 at 12:05PM
    surreysaver, have you phoned them?  I had my account blocked, received an email requesting ID to be uploaded which I did but for some reason they did not receive it.  After a quick phone call it was all resolved and my account is operational again.
  • hermantehermante Forumite
    529 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    All this hassle for £10 extra a year is not worth it. If they paid 2% on £5000 then maybe.
  • ischris85ischris85 Forumite
    444 Posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    hermante said:
    All this hassle for £10 extra a year is not worth it. If they paid 2% on £5000 then maybe.
    You mean £20 - for you it might not be, but for others the extra effort is worth it :)
  • colstencolsten Forumite
    17.6K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ischris85 said:
    hermante said:
    All this hassle for £10 extra a year is not worth it. If they paid 2% on £5000 then maybe.
    You mean £20 - for you it might not be, but for others the extra effort is worth it :)
    I suppose hermante is talking about the difference between having £1,000 in a 1% Marcus and a 2% Virgin.

    Some people would happily pick up a tenner if they found one in the street. Others might think it's too much effort. I am one of the ones in the former category  B)
  • edited 2 June 2020 at 6:22PM
    crumpet_mancrumpet_man Forumite
    330 Posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    edited 2 June 2020 at 6:22PM
    To be fair, the application and initial setup was very easy for me.  Account opened and funded in 15 minutes.  It was only the extra security checks that added some time.  I've spent more time in here posting about it than it took to setup the account and resolve any issues.
  • badger09badger09 Forumite
    9.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its definitely a weird one. 

    I decided to go for a 2nd account yesterday. Started application & got the 'You look familiar' message. Went ahead and 2nd account was opened very smoothly, appearing immediately in app. I transferred the interest from 1st account, then small amount from external account. Both appeared in cleared balance immediately. Then topped up to £1k from external account. Again, appeared in cleared balance. 

    However, Transactions screen is still showing no transactions yet.
  • colstencolsten Forumite
    17.6K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    badger09 said:
    However, Transactions screen is still showing no transactions yet.
    Yes, it can take a working day for the transactions and the timeline to be updated. And when the transactions finally appear, they have the little clock next to them for another day or two. 
Sign In or Register to comment.
Latest MSE News and Guides

54 ways to ‘DIY it’

According to the MSE Forum

MSE Team Blog

£10 Christmas bonus

For benefits recipients

MSE News

Lidl '£10 off £40 spend' voucher

Via Metro or Daily Mail. Excludes NI

MSE Deals