Virgin Money Current Account

Comments

• ischris85
    ischris85 Posts: 490 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 31 May 2020 at 3:41PM
    colsten said:
    ischris85 said:

I made a FP from my Virgin account to HSBC today. All went through fine.
    My payment has now also arrived, so FPs are being processed at weekends. In and out.

BUT: none of those payments is reflected in the transactions lists, so unless you have made notes or have a good memory, it's anybody's guess how the difference between last night's and the current cleared balance came about.

I wouldn't want Virgin as my actual current account as it involves flying blind at times. All other apps and online banking that I have come across update the transaction lists as the transactions happen - not a day or two after the event.

Mind you, none of the others pays 2% interest, so I will be hanging around for a while  B)

Interesting, my cleared balance has updated, and the transaction is in the timeline.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    All my transactions have now also appeared in both, my Timeline and in the account transaction lists. All with the little clock next to it. So that happened sometime over the last 3 hours, but absolutely definitely not instantly.

May be it was just a weekend blip, but I rather think it isn't, as I previously had incoming payments not showing up for a day or two.

• schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I'm a bit surprised people are using these accounts. I'm leaving mine untouched, like the TSB £1500.
  • ischris85
    ischris85 Posts: 490 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    schiff said:
    I'm a bit surprised people are using these accounts. I'm leaving mine untouched, like the TSB £1500.

I just transferred out the interest :)
  • typistretired
    typistretired Posts: 2,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    ischris85 said:

Same here
    "Look after your pennies and your pounds will look after themselves"
  • pafpcg
    pafpcg Posts: 882 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    ischris85 said:
    colsten said:
    Urrrrggggh. 

It seems they don't update your transaction list on a weekend.

I have just moved some money from my current account #2 into current account #1. The cleared balances in both accounts updated instantly but neither account shows the actual transactions, and they are also not on the Timeline.

I then made a payment from current account #1 to a non-Virgin account. Again, the cleared balance was immediately updated correctly but there is no sign of the transaction anywhere. The payment hasn't yet arrived in the other account but that might be due to the other account not processing anything at weekends.

This is quite astonishing for a brand-new current account. Though having seen the delays for showing incoming transactions, perhaps I shouldn't be surprised.

I also understand that your account has up to three sort codes. 1 - the one printed on your card and showing online/app. 2 - the one printed on your cheque book (if you have one). 3 - the sort code to be used to make CHAPS payments into your account. Confusing or what.

I made a FP from my Virgin account to HSBC today. All went through fine.
    Same here: I aggregated all the Clydesdale and VM current account interest payments into one Clydesdale account this afternoon and transferred it all my Santander account - it was credited within seconds.  The VM current accounts must use the same Clydesdale funds transfer system, surely?
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,095 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I'm still waiting for the clowns to unblock my account. Wrote a letter of complaint nearly three weeks ago, but haven't heard anything 
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,626 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 31 May 2020 at 6:48PM
    My account won’t let me withdraw any money.

I did get an letter a few weeks back saying they thought my application was fraudulent (done by someone else with my details) but I called their fraud team at the time - to confirm the account was legitimate - who said my account had then been unblocked..

If it hasn’t, perhaps that’s why my attempts to get a second account have resulted in no response from Virgin (not even a decline) - despite them carrying out hard credit checks each time
  • typistretired
    typistretired Posts: 2,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    You have to add a payee
    "Look after your pennies and your pounds will look after themselves"
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    ischris85 said:
    schiff said:

For £2 I couldn't be bothered. That's taking things too far; maybe next month.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback