Virgin Money Current Account

Replies

• ortolickusortolickus Forumite
    50 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    I don't have a smartphone - can i get the free wine for switching offer? Or should i be asking in another thread?
    Also - is i possible to search a thread (so i can search rather than read 118 pages)?
  • edited 19 May at 3:55PM
    EarthBoyEarthBoy Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 19 May at 3:55PM
    I don't have a smartphone - can i get the free wine for switching offer? Or should i be asking in another thread?
    No you can't, because one of conditions of getting the free wine is that you:
    • Download and register for the Virgin Money Mobile Banking app. You can do this as soon as your account is open. You’ll need to do this within 31 days of your account opening date.
    https://uk.virginmoney.com/current-accounts/brighter-money-bundle-3#terms-and-conditions
    No smartphone = no app = no wine.
  • colstencolsten Forumite
    17.6K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ortolickus answer to your q about searching the thread. However, the forum search functionality is a bit limited. You'd probably find what you are after quicker using Google Advanced Search.

• ObeorthObeorth Forumite
    465 Posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    EarthBoy said:
    • Download and register for the Virgin Money Mobile Banking app. You can do this as soon as your account is open. You’ll need to do this within 31 days of your account opening date.
    https://uk.virginmoney.com/current-accounts/brighter-money-bundle-3#terms-and-conditions
    The app certainly works with my Android tablet and might work with a Android emulator like Bluestacks.

• ortolickusortolickus Forumite
    50 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Obeorth said:
    EarthBoy said:
    The app certainly works with my Android tablet and might work with a Android emulator like Bluestacks.

That looks a creative possibility, but i think probably a bit too much faffing about. Be interested if anyone's done it though-but. Thanks for the other replies.

• veryintriguedveryintrigued Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice to see the interest there already
  • veryintriguedveryintrigued Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else getting this when applying?
  • FarfetchFarfetch Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had some issues when I opened it, got stuck at some point, they said to phone customer services, so I did and they completed it. I suspect it was because I stated I was going to pay £0 in monthly but maybe that was just a coincidence. They allowed me to open, transfer my £1000 in and have not done anything else with it.

He who rejects change is the architect of decay. The only human institution which rejects progress is the cemetery.

-Harold Wilson

• RG2015RG2015 Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have just received an email from VM advising that from 14 August they will no longer be setting aside money on a Saturday for payments set up for the following Monday.

From my recollection, they also change the actual balance on a Saturday for payments due on Monday but then change it on the Monday.
  • funkycreditfunkycredit Forumite
    536 Posts
    500 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    RG2015 said:
    I have just received an email from VM advising that from 14 August they will no longer be setting aside money on a Saturday for payments set up for the following Monday.

From my recollection, they also change the actual balance on a Saturday for payments due on Monday but then change it on the Monday.
    Yea same - here's the main gist for others' benefit: