Virgin Money Current Account

Replies

• colstencolsten Forumite
    17.6K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alexland said:
    Lots of junk email from Virgin Money today including confirmation they are renaming my very sensibly named Virgin Money Current Accounts to the "M Plus". Don't they realise the poor integration and legacy of Virgin Money products already confuses customers without making things make even less sense through pointless change. I don't really want to block their emails as they might one day send me something important but it does make me wonder whether it's worth the hassle for what is ultimately a small amount of interest.
    The M Plus must be a hint of the a-mazing things they have in store for us

• edited 11 March at 9:12PM
    StevieJStevieJ Forumite
    20.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 11 March at 9:12PM
    I have signed up for the Virgin current account, downloaded the app, then accessed both with no problems. I just wondered how I actually transfer my old bank account over? I can't find anything in the body of the account that allows me to do this, I looked online and it mentioned going into a Virgin store. 'Once you have decided to switch your banking to us, just speak to one of the team in your local Virgin Money Store'   Can't believe you need to do that? :)  I am now thinking that I will need to ring them up, is that correct? Grateful for any advice.
    'Just think for a moment what a prospect that is. A single market without barriers visible or invisible giving you direct and unhindered access to the purchasing power of over 300 million of the worlds wealthiest and most prosperous people' Margaret Thatcher
  • wiseonesomeofthetimewiseonesomeofthetime Forumite
    1K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    You would have had the option to CASS during sign up.

If you choose to do it after, you need to call them. 
  • edited 11 March at 9:29PM
    StevieJStevieJ Forumite
    20.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 11 March at 9:29PM
    My application didn't quite complete and I had to phone them to finish it off. They didn't mention transferring old account. Thanks I will ring them. Oh one other thing about the mobile app, it hasn't downloaded to my phone, it just opens in the App store. Any ideas?
    'Just think for a moment what a prospect that is. A single market without barriers visible or invisible giving you direct and unhindered access to the purchasing power of over 300 million of the worlds wealthiest and most prosperous people' Margaret Thatcher
  • wiseonesomeofthetimewiseonesomeofthetime Forumite
    1K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Uninstall and reinstall perhaps?
  • dcs34dcs34 Forumite
    307 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    dcs34 said:
    Alexland said:
    Lots of junk email from Virgin Money today including confirmation they are renaming my very sensibly named Virgin Money Current Accounts to the "M Plus". Don't they realise the poor integration and legacy of Virgin Money products already confuses customers without making things make even less sense through pointless change. I don't really want to block their emails as they might one day send me something important but it does make me wonder whether it's worth the hassle for what is ultimately a small amount of interest.
    I suspect the rebrand to "M Plus" suggests a forthcoming "M" account which doesn't have the perks (interest)
    The M account already exists as their account for people who don’t qualify for the main Virgin Money account.
    Did I mention I'm like Benjamin Button, experiencing the passing of time in reverse...

• poppellerantpoppellerant Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Has anybody been paid their interest yet? I thought interest was paid on the last working Friday of the month, showing on Saturday, but I'm not seeing any interest for any of my accounts.
  • edited 28 March at 10:00AM
    RG2015RG2015 Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 28 March at 10:00AM
    Has anybody been paid their interest yet? I thought interest was paid on the last working Friday of the month, showing on Saturday, but I'm not seeing any interest for any of my accounts.
    It is paid on the last working day, not the last working Friday.

Your theory would apply to January and February 2021, but not November or December 2020. Interest for March will be paid on 31st March.
  • nohnoh Forumite
    5.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is paid the last working day of the month so expect to receive the interest on Wednesday 31st March.
  • poppellerantpoppellerant Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks @RG2015 and @noh that explains everything!