• edited 29 October 2021 at 11:37AM
    RG2015RG2015 Forumite
    3.3K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 29 October 2021 at 11:37AM
    Brewer21 said:
    RG2015 said:
    Virgin Money are now offering a £150 wine voucher if you switch a bank current account into an existing Virgin Money current account. There do not appear to be any direct debit, standing order or minimum pay in requirements.

PS. I cannot see the offer online so as I received the offer by email it may only be for existing customers.
    The T&C's say different unless I've been reading the wrong ones.
    Had an email tempting me to switch in to an existing account that I'd not taken up the offer on. As I read it I won't get another offer as I benefitted from a free case of wine last year with account No1.
    Unless of course someone can convince me I can switch in an account and get some more wine.
    Where did you see the Ts &Cs? Did you start the switch application and log in to VM?

I assume that someone who had not already taken up the wine switch offer would qualify now.
  • Brewer21Brewer21 Forumite
    136 Posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    RG2015 said:
    Brewer21 said:
    RG2015 said:
    Virgin Money are now offering a £150 wine voucher if you switch a bank current account into an existing Virgin Money current account. There do not appear to be any direct debit, standing order or minimum pay in requirements.

PS. I cannot see the offer online so as I received the offer by email it may only be for existing customers.
    Had an email tempting me to switch in to an existing account that I'd not taken up the offer on. As I read it I won't get another offer as I benefitted from a free case of wine last year with account No1.
    Unless of course someone can convince me I can switch in an account and get some more wine.
    Where did you see the Ts &Cs? Did you start the switch application and log in to VM?

I assume that someone who had not already taken up the wine switch offer would qualify now.
    T&C's here

https://uk.virginmoney.com/current-accounts/brighter-money-bundle/#terms-and-conditions

I stand corrected on the offer terms, it  mentions two other offers if you previously had them but not the case of 12 bottles of wine which I benefitted from last year.
    Someone in another thread has mentioned no DD's needed, above link says you do need to have them on the new switched account or at least set them up.
  • RG2015RG2015 Forumite
    3.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brewer21 said:
    RG2015 said:
    Brewer21 said:
    RG2015 said:

T&C's here

https://uk.virginmoney.com/current-accounts/brighter-money-bundle/#terms-and-conditions

I stand corrected on the offer terms, it  mentions two other offers if you previously had them but not the case of 12 bottles of wine which I benefitted from last year.
    Someone in another thread has mentioned no DD's needed, above link says you do need to have them on the new switched account or at least set them up.
    Doesn't look like the same offer. I got the following in my email.

RG2015, isn’t it great when you get a little more?

We’re thrilled you’re part of the Virgin family and we’d love to offer you a special treat for banking with us.

If you complete a full bank account switch to your M Plus Account by 17 December 2021 using the Current Account Switch Service, you’ll qualify for a free case of Virgin Wines worth £150. Terms apply1.
  • edited 29 October 2021 at 2:08PM
    kaMelokaMelo Forumite
    996 Posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    edited 29 October 2021 at 2:08PM
    Existing account holders do not qualify, in fact anyone who has held a VM current account since 31st July 2021 does not qualify whether it's closed or still open.

Deleted as I posted incorrect information.
  • edited 29 October 2021 at 2:00PM
    jimjamesjimjames Forumite
    15.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 29 October 2021 at 2:00PM
    kaMelo said:
    Existing account holders do not qualify, in fact anyone who has held a VM current account since 31st July 2021 does not qualify whether it's closed or still open.

Those are completely different terms and conditions and nothing to do with the email offer that has been sent to existing customers. The email is specifically targeting existing account holders to switch so the T&Cs in that link are irrelevant as they refer to not being a customer already. Details posted in other thread.

@RG2015 it looks like existing customers can qualify as THIS offer is not the same as previous offers.
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • Brewer21Brewer21 Forumite
    136 Posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    Very slightly off topic....

Has anyone else had troubles trying to change their online password with Virgin Money? It tells you what to do/how to do it inputting customer number etc. I've even gone as far as inputting my debit card details when asked but no can do, it just gives an error code and we are going round in circles. Trying to apply for this other account switch either via the app or online and not getting anywhere with this password requirement.
    I know we need to be secure but it seems Virgin M doesn't want to play, had troubles before shifting a large amount of money out, well it wasn't that large but I got blocked and the account frozen until I unblocked it. Now it seems I'm going the same way if I'm not careful, b**** frustrating, need a phone call I think to them, that's going to be fun as I remember last time farse.😵
  • edited 29 October 2021 at 3:42PM
    RG2015RG2015 Forumite
    3.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 29 October 2021 at 3:42PM
    I have just successfully changed my password on the app and received confirmation by text and email in seconds.

Edit. The email was indeed a confirmation but the text said that an authentication request had been sent to my mobile and to sign in to my mobile app to confirm.

I signed in (having been logged out automatically when I looked at the text message) but there was nothing to authorise.

Anyway, as soon as I had changed my password I was told that I had successfully updated my password.

It seems that Virgin Money are continually sending out mixed messages.
  • edited 29 October 2021 at 4:15PM
    Brewer21Brewer21 Forumite
    136 Posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 29 October 2021 at 4:15PM
    RG2015 said:
    I have just successfully changed my password on the app and received confirmation by text and email in seconds.

Edit. The email was indeed a confirmation but the text said that an authentication request had been sent to my mobile and to sign in to my mobile app to confirm.

I signed in (having been logged out automatically when I looked at the text message) but there was nothing to authorise.

Anyway, as soon as I had changed my password I was told that I had successfully updated my password.

I just get sent round in circles, had the text with a code, just said error after inputting that. A phone call seems to be the only way.
  • jimjamesjimjames Forumite
    15.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brewer21 said:
    RG2015 said:

I just get sent round in circles, had the text with a code, just said error after inputting that. A phone call seems to be the only way.
    My wife had exactly the same issues, very frustrating!
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • edited 30 October 2021 at 2:41PM
    Brewer21Brewer21 Forumite
    136 Posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 30 October 2021 at 2:41PM
    jimjames said:
    Brewer21 said:
    RG2015 said:

My wife had exactly the same issues, very frustrating!
    How was it resolved?

I've just had another go at mine, success 😁

What a long winded way of changing a password. I know we need to be secure but it seems you end up being logged in online and via the app too to complete the action.
    Well it worked for me after I got a text supplying the code.

Must have been 6 attempts, why my original password wouldn't work who knows?