Replies

• edited 9 March at 3:38PM
    BobblehatBobblehat Forumite
    301 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts Best Buy Bear
    ✭✭
    edited 9 March at 3:38PM
    colsten said:
    As soon as you use the app, the link will be re-established. 

You have to decide - either you want to use the app or you don't want to use it.
    Thanks for the tip .... it seems slightly different to what the CS guy said ..... but easy choice for me .... I'll ditch the app. I only loaded it as it was part of the conditions for the wine offer, and after my DD experiences, I will probably just let the account sit there with just the odd transaction unless it suits me to start using it more frequently.
  • KPssKPss Forumite
    1 Post
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I decided to switch to Virgin Money, as recommended by MSE, because of their interest rate and of course the FREE wine offer.
    One month later and many, many phone calls to their internet banking team, I can still not log-in online and cannot set up the app. They keep telling me they are looking into it, but their tech guys are useless. They never get back to me and there is no progress. I have finally said to them today, that if they do not resolve this problem in the next 48 hours, I will switch my account elsewhere. This is for your information.
    Keith Povah
  • ctdctdctdctd Forumite
    1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, I've just done a switch from Barclays
    One of the Direct Debits (was Barclays to Barclaycard) now has the destination showing as "DIRECT DEBIT REJ" in Virgin banking - does this mean it's not going to work?
    My other DD has the expected destination name but there doesn't seem to be a way to drill down to the actual account number etc being used.
    Online chat was useless, suggesting I ask Barclays!

Do Money Saving sites make you buy more bargains - and spend more money?
  • kimwpkimwp Forumite
    555 Posts
    500 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    ctdctd said:
    One of the Direct Debits (was Barclays to Barclaycard) now has the destination showing as "DIRECT DEBIT REJ" in Virgin banking - does this mean it's not going to work?
    My other DD has the expected destination name but there doesn't seem to be a way to drill down to the actual account number etc being used.

You could check with Barclay's if the details have been updated in their system? Or just cancel and reinstate it.
  • colstencolsten Forumite
    17.6K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ctdctd said:

I don't know what DIRECT DEBIT REJ means, and it is pretty shocking that Virgin CS suggested you ask Barclays. Virgin are responsible under CASS to ensure your switch goes without a hitch, and if there is a hitch, they have to sort it out, without damage to yourself. I would go back to them and remind them of their responsibility, and of your determination to hold them to account for their responsibility.

Whilst "actual account number etc" is very desirable information to have on a DD, I am not aware of any industry standard that would allow a bank to give you more than a cryptic clue as to what a DD is about. Room for improvement, which would have to come from somewhere like the FCA.
  • edited 10 March at 11:31AM
    BobblehatBobblehat Forumite
    301 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts Best Buy Bear
    ✭✭
    edited 10 March at 11:31AM
    ctdctd said:

This sounds awfully familiar to me ... Virgin rejected a DD that came from my PO Savings, but offered only generalised excuses that I was not prepared to waste any more time pursuing. As I reported a few days ago on here, after a second DD was (or appeared to be) delayed for several days, I removed all future DD's and SO's to other banks to avoid a repeated disappointment. Shame really!
  • ctdctdctdctd Forumite
    1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Bobblehat said:
    ctdctd said:

This sounds awfully familiar to me ... Virgin rejected a DD that came from my PO Savings, but offered only generalised excuses that I was not prepared to waste any more time pursuing. As I reported a few days ago on here, after a second DD was (or appeared to be) delayed for several days, I removed all future DD's and SO's to other banks to avoid a repeated disappointment. Shame really!

I've taken the easy option and cancelled the DD and re-instated. It means I'll need to manually credit Barclaycard this month but I'd rather do that than risk it not working as it's an interest free balance transfer card dependent on timely payments.
    I'll keep a close eye on the DD's at least until they work correctly on first use!

Do Money Saving sites make you buy more bargains - and spend more money?
  • dcs34dcs34 Forumite
    307 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Alexland said:
    Lots of junk email from Virgin Money today including confirmation they are renaming my very sensibly named Virgin Money Current Accounts to the "M Plus". Don't they realise the poor integration and legacy of Virgin Money products already confuses customers without making things make even less sense through pointless change. I don't really want to block their emails as they might one day send me something important but it does make me wonder whether it's worth the hassle for what is ultimately a small amount of interest.
    I suspect the rebrand to "M Plus" suggests a forthcoming "M" account which doesn't have the perks (interest)
  • Money_Saving_BlokeMoney_Saving_Bloke Forumite
    10 Posts
    First Anniversary First Post
    dcs34 said:
    Alexland said:
    Lots of junk email from Virgin Money today including confirmation they are renaming my very sensibly named Virgin Money Current Accounts to the "M Plus". Don't they realise the poor integration and legacy of Virgin Money products already confuses customers without making things make even less sense through pointless change. I don't really want to block their emails as they might one day send me something important but it does make me wonder whether it's worth the hassle for what is ultimately a small amount of interest.
    I suspect the rebrand to "M Plus" suggests a forthcoming "M" account which doesn't have the perks (interest)
    The M account already exists as their account for people who don’t qualify for the main Virgin Money account.