Options

Comments

• ischris85
    ischris85 Posts: 491 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    clivep said:
    How do you de-register the app?
    I prefer to use my PC for online banking and just getting an OTP text works best for me.
    Once the Virgin Money app was installed (for the case of wine) I now have to use it to allow me to continue on the PC.
    I wish to de-register the app to return to the OTP verification which I understand can be done in the app. How? On the 'Mobile app access' screen I can see my registered mobile with the option of removing it. Does removing it have the effect of de-registering the app and thereby returning to the OTP method of verification?

You can deregister the mobile by going into the settings on the PC online banking I believe :)
  • clivep
    clivep Posts: 577 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ischris85 said:
    You can deregister the mobile by going into the settings on the PC online banking I believe :)

It gives the same 'Mobile app access' opion as was on the mobile. I took the plunge and removed my smartphone and sure enough it's reverted back to sending an OTP to login.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    clivep said:
    How do you de-register the app?
    I believe it's something you can do in online banking. Under More - Mobile App Access. If this doesn't work for you, call Virgin.
  • colsten
    Options
    RG2015 said:
    colsten said:
    jimjames said:
    Can get better than 0.50% elsewhere
    Can you confirm where you can get that for instant access?
    Sure. Many of us have legacy instant access accounts still paying at least 1.2%. 

Hence your statement saying that you can get better than 0.50% elsewhere is incorrect. You either already have it or you cannot get it.

A bit verbose, I know but this is for the avoidance of doubt.
    As we are talking about avoidance of doubt, here is something for the avoidance of doubt:

Nobody said that you can get better elsewhere. Also, I don't already have the interest that I can still get in the account(s) I already have. 

So your statement saying that my statement is incorrect is incorrect 🤣🤣🤣
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,907 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    colsten said:
    RG2015 said:
    colsten said:
    jimjames said:
    Can get better than 0.50% elsewhere
    Can you confirm where you can get that for instant access?
    Sure. Many of us have legacy instant access accounts still paying at least 1.2%. 

Hence your statement saying that you can get better than 0.50% elsewhere is incorrect. You either already have it or you cannot get it.

A bit verbose, I know but this is for the avoidance of doubt.
    As we are talking about avoidance of doubt, here is something for the avoidance of doubt:

Nobody said that you can get better elsewhere. Also, I don't already have the interest that I can still get in the account(s) I already have. 

So your statement saying that my statement is incorrect is incorrect 🤣🤣🤣
    @colsten, Apologies, I made a mistake. It was @typistretired who said "can get better than 0.50% elsewhere".

I inferred that they were saying such accounts were currently available. I believe that by their question, @jimjames also read more into the comment than was actually said.
  • colsten
    edited 1 March 2021 at 4:02PM
    Options
    @typistretired can defend themselves but I would say they did not mean to say, and definitely didn't say, that people can currently open instant access accounts paying more than 0.5%. They were responding to the question as to why people don't appear to be making much use of the Virgin attached savers - - to which one very reasonable answer is that people can get better than 0.50% elsewhere. The most obvious 'elsewhere' is legacy instant access accounts, but there are also current accounts as well as quasi-instant access Regular Savers that people can still open now, and then there are quite a number of accounts which might not offer instant access but do offer substantially better interest (anything from double to 6 times 0.5%) and which can be applied for by everybody. These kinds of accounts are the reason why I am not tempted to keep a penny in the Virgin attached savers.

I pray to God we'll soon be out of those interest and stay-at-home doldrums so we can move on to more exciting discussions......
  • wiseonesomeofthetime
    Options
    I have just opened a fourth VM Current Account, so another grand can earn a bit extra interest . . . . . for now!
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have just opened a fourth VM Current Account, so another grand can earn a bit extra interest . . . . . for now!
    Why would you highlight this?
  • wiseonesomeofthetime
    Options
    Because others have questioned how many can be opened.

Sorry if it does not interest you.
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Because others have questioned how many can be opened.

Sorry if it does not interest you.
    Ah right.

Thought it was a stand-alone brag that risks killing a golden goose.

My mistake
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure