The "Save 12k in 2020" Thread!

Options

Comments

• Wentthedaywell?
    Options
    lantanna wrote: »
    How do you get the form? I’m a newbie but promise to stick it out for the length of the year
    It should be in Slowly's first post, under 'CLICK HERE for the easy update form:'

There seems to be a glitch at the mo and the link isn't showing, but I'm sure normal service will be resumed shortly :)
    Save £12k in 2022 thread #7:

Save £10,000 Jan-May 2022 THEN RETIRE!!
    Final total for (half) year: -£4,000
  • Eco_Miser
    Eco_Miser Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It should be in Slowly's first post, under 'CLICK HERE for the easy update form:'

There seems to be a glitch at the mo and the link isn't showing, but I'm sure normal service will be resumed shortly :)

Yes, there's a glitch. ;)
    Spreadsheet updated - sorry about the lack of updates form. I can't remember how I do them :o so it will be added as soon as I work out how!
    Eco Miser
    Saving money for well over half a century
  • Silverspeed
    Options
    Good evening!

I think it is the perfect time to join :)
    I read some posts here last year ( like debt-free wannabe, and this).

My target is £5.000 and I wish a successful New Year to everyone.
  • BVic28
    BVic28 Posts: 97 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    First Tilly tidy of the year and that, along with a small DD into an isa, and interest from one of my bank accounts means my savings currently stand at £25.61
    Mortgage balance as of end of Dec 19 - £120,675
    MFW 2020 challenge #35 £94.62/£750; Jan running total - £94.62
    Save 12k in 2020 challenge #34 £560.20/£6000; Jan running total - £560.20
  • bsms1147
    bsms1147 Posts: 2,261 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    geoffers4 wrote: »
    Interesting analysis bsms! I'm surprised at the no. of savers slightly falling each year - anyone got any ideas why?
    Cheers, also noticed this'll probably be the year we make it to £10 million saved in total as well.

Guesses for reducing numbers of users would include
    - Economic, people may be less able to save these days so fewer people join the challenge
    - 'New'-ness, it's possible as the challenge has been running several years less the novelty factor wears away
    - It may be reflective of there being fewer people visiting this forum, or forums in general, over time, with the rise of other or multiple avenues of discussion, other social networks, reddit, etc.

Slowlyfading, if you can't create a new form, could you simply reuse a previous year's form, and we accept that the year on it is a little wrong?
  • Mnd
    Mnd Posts: 1,699 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi Slowlyfading;

I just have a question about updates. Do you prefer them monthly? I dont want to hound you with a form every week if everyone else does their total monthly!

Personally I intend to bore you all to tears with updates as and when, but only give a total for upgrading sheet monthly..

Today's update.As of today.I'm now officially an OAP so that will be a bedrock of our annual savings, and I did a days overtime today to cover sickness so a good savings day. Oh and .54 p for my solar paneld
    No.79 save £12k in 2020. Total end May £11610
    Annual target £24000
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    savingmore wrote: »
    I do want to participate .... I am going to count all the savings I make by being over 60 and literally put money in a tin and see how much it is at end of year. this will be included in overall 12,000.

still not sure how to get my number on the list?
    You're on there - number 84.
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • slowlyfading
    Options
    Hi Slowlyfading;

I just have a question about updates. Do you prefer them monthly? I dont want to hound you with a form every week if everyone else does their total monthly!
    Just a number at the end of the month is fine :) feel free to chat in the thread during the month as well though!
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
  • slowlyfading
    Options

Aha, that would be me :o it's there now, sorry!

Eco_Miser wrote: »
    Yes, there's a glitch. ;)
    :o:o:D
  • slowlyfading
    Options
    Right, spreadsheet updated and I worked out how to do the form so the link is in the first post now - sorry :o
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure