I've just worked out that if we can come up with an extra £250 per month...

Comments

• I would also love to do matched betting but I'm a bit scared.
    MFi3 member 105 - MFW date Oct 2023 - 12 years 9 months more
  • Yup me too as I could NEVER get it...I do feel very wary of it though as in N position to oose ANY money and knowing how bad I am at maths!
    Sorry for thread hijack jacks!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• *Dee*
    *Dee* Posts: 302 Forumite
    Sorry for the hijack but i can i learn about matched betting too!!!

You have done so well Jacks im sure you can do it!!!

Dee
  • Jacks_xxx
    Jacks_xxx Posts: 3,874 Forumite
    falady wrote: »
    Wow!!!

Well done Jacks - that's amazing! I'm so impressed. You should be really proud of yourself - it just shows what can be done if you put your mind to it!

You have inspired me to start doing ebay / pigsback / quidco etc to earn a bit extra. I have started by selling my old ipod today for £30, and i'm sure the house is full of crap ( / ahem... treasures) which can go on ebay. I'm going to hunt out martin's articles on what to do......

Well done again - fantastic news!

Ali xxx

Cheers honey.

That "every little helps" thing that Mr Tesco is always banging on about is really true!

Whilst we're on the subject of clicks and things

Does anyone know which surveys / clicks can be paid into Paypal? I'm sure I've read something about it, but all mine seem to be vouchers.

The Amazon vouchers have come in handy with the christmas shop but cold hard cash is slightly more versatile huh? :D

Was I dreaming?

Cheers for the support Falady! :T

Love Jacks xxx :D
    Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. Einstein
  • Jacks_xxx
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Jacks!!!!! Fantastic - I agree with Toto, this has to be your diary, we want to see it happen!

Cheers sweetie,

I've been over all the numbers with the Hubster and he says I haven't missed anything or made any mistakes in my sums so WooHOO and off we go! :eek:

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. Einstein
  • Jacks_xxx
    RoxieW wrote: »
    Thats fantastic - well done you!!!

Thanks Roxie!

I see you're on a bit of a daunting "mission" yourself! :D

My son has set himself a £50,000 in five years target saving £500+ a month but he's only had a job (and money!) for about five minutes so we'll see how that goes!

We're not sure how we're going to find this extra £250 a month yet, as apart from sky+ internet and the occasional night out we've cut back hard on everything already so I'm thinking abut getting a p/t job and ISOM suggested AQA so I might go for that as well.

Thanks for the cheerleading honey!:T

• Jacks_xxx
    elantan wrote: »
    jacks youll do it of that i'm sure and as ss says matched betting the money is there for the taking you can make a good amount in a year the gambling board are a helpful bunch along with the dfw lot that have dipped thier toes i'm sure you'll be fine good luck and loving the new diary by the way

Cheers honeybun! :T

I've never really looked into it because I think I thought it would be "too hard" and I'm a bit thick with figures at the best of times, but I might dip my toe in and see what happens whilst I'm feeling all super-confident and debt busting machine-like! ;):o:D:p

Thanks ever so much sweetie,

• Jacks_xxx
    Two words hun. Matched betting.

£3,000 in a year is easily more than do-able if you crack the nut. :)

Will losing my MB cherry be as much fun as losing um.. you know..um... the last one? ;):D

(and will it also involve the back seat of a Capri?) :o:D :rotfl:

I've heard the term bandied about on here honeybun, but I don't even really know what it is.

I'll have a look into it and see if I can understand it.
    Cheers sweetie! :T

• Jacks_xxx
    I'm too scared of matched betting as well, which is a shame.

Jacks, that is quite a challenge! I wish you the best of luck.

Cheers honey! :A

I keep feeling slightly panicky about iit, but I just have to remind myself of how far we've come, and how much debt we've paid off in the last 16 months and it starts to look more do-able.

Hubby's a bit "Easy Tiger" about it all but I'm Gung Ho Girl and I want it done yesterday!

I think even if I'm looking back on this point in a year saying "WHAT was I thinking?!" I'll still be glad I tried.

Thanks cherub!

• Jacks_xxx
    Blimey! Someone should warn the kids and the cat not to stand still for too long...might find themselves on Ebay! ;)

Yep the numbers are coming down. Still on track for end of May 08. I've worked out how much I'll need to be DF by end of April but it looks too scary at the mo so I'll stuck with May.

You always encourage others so only right you should receive some yourself. We're all routing for ya!

Awww thank you honey! :kisses3:

May 08 will come around ever so quickly and although it's tempting to kick off on all cylinders on the home stretch there has to be a balance. What's one more month after all?

If our silly spoiled moggie keeps jumping into the frame when I'm taking pics for eBay he could very well find himself up for for sale!

(It would save me a few quid in value prawns! ;) )

I'm not sure I could get much for the rest of the household though... ;)

Cheers honey!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure