I've just worked out that if we can come up with an extra £250 per month...

Comments

• Jacks_xxx
    Jacks_xxx Posts: 3,874 Forumite
    Wow Jacks that's fantastic!!!! When you look back, can you really believe how much you have achieved? You are an inspiration. I really hope you do it. :T

Good luck
    xx

Hey sweetie :hello:

It'll be fantastic if we do it - but that's a pretty big "if".

Thanks ever so much for the encouragement. :A

Looking at your sig I see that your numbers are going down steadily as well.

:eek: I've got the uncontrollable urge to eBay everything we own and make it happen right now!

I never really allowed myself to think about how it would feel whe we finally got there to debt free-edness but I think I'm feeling a little bit of it now - even with a whole year to go.

Cheers sweetie!

Love Jacks xxx :D
    Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. Einstein
  • Toto
    Toto Posts: 6,680 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    That is awesome!!! Imagine how much you will have in the bank account in another 2 years if you keep going at that rate??

Ok, this is now officially you new diary, by order of me :D

I do feel funny talking figures, as I said on another thread yesterday we do have a really good income (when we actually get paid) and I'd hate to think anyone thought I was bragging. But I'm certainly happy to go head to head, I need someone to keep me on track.
    :A
    "Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid" - Albert Einstein
  • Jacks_xxx
    Toto wrote: »
    That is awesome!!! Imagine how much you will have in the bank account in another 2 years if you keep going at that rate??

Ok, this is now officially you new diary, by order of me :D

I do feel funny talking figures, as I said on another thread yesterday we do have a really good income (when we actually get paid) and I'd hate to think anyone thought I was bragging. But I'm certainly happy to go head to head, I need someone to keep me on track.

Duly ordered! :D

Does anyone else keep losing posts???? :confused:

If you don't want to blab your numbers honey, we could work in %'s or something. We'll work it out!

I'd better subscribe to this thread then 'eh?

and then go for a pee cos I'm desperate now! :o

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. Einstein
  • Jacks_xxx
    Well 10 hours at minimum wage (5.52) would work out about £239 a month... :) Bare in mind the tax though if you're working 2 jobs..

Sorry sweetie.

i swear I've replied to this twice already! :confused:

£239 is pretty close but you're right, I'll be paying basic rate tax on it. Maybe my hourly rate will be a bit above the minimum, or maybe I'll have to do 3 shifts a week?

we'll have to see.

My son used to earn £7 an hour washing up in a pub restaurant and at this point I'd even consider doing that. (even though I do quite enough of it at home!)

Cheers sweetie pie.

How's your P/T job working out?

• Toto
    Toto Posts: 6,680 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Ok, we'll do % and then this time next year I'll quote the actual figures achieved. My spreadsheet is all there ready with the predicted figures and the spaces for actual figures so % will be easy. It's going to be a rough year, there'll be no (because I want it) clothes, holidays or other crap spending. 12 months of proper budgeting. It all kicks off Dec 1st for me.
    "Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid" - Albert Einstein
  • Jacks_xxx
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: HOW MUCH???? That is unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know honeybun,

As Toto says, imagine if we'd saved all that money instead?:o

It averages out about £3500 a month which is not bad considering we only take home £2600 a month!

We've sold our shiny new (ish) cars, had a powergen windfall, hubby got a bonus, we got paid back a lump sum unexpectedly, and now our eldest contributes £200 a month as well so all that helps to boost it up a bit.

It's still pretty good I reckon though.

I am a very proud DFW :D

• Wow Jacks that is really impressive!! Good luck and I wish I could afford to tackle my debts at the rate you are!

I will be watching this thread with interest!
    Debt Free - done
    Mortgage Free - done
    Building up the pension pot
  • ;) oh so trying to desert us longhaulers now are you! Wow Jacks that would be incredible &to have paid that much of in such a short space of time! Hey imagine if you upped DS's monthly rent you could get there sooner!!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Cant believe that you's paid off so much in such a short space of time! Thats incredible!! What about trying for AQA? Worth a try (I did & flunked the test!!) and a good way of gettng mre dosh from home...Just go for it & the rest of us will cheer from the sidelines!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• Jacks_xxx
    Toto wrote: »
    Ok, we'll do % and then this time next year I'll quote the actual figures achieved. My spreadsheet is all there ready with the predicted figures and the spaces for actual figures so % will be easy. It's going to be a rough year, there'll be no (because I want it) clothes, holidays or other crap spending. 12 months of proper budgeting. It all kicks off Dec 1st for me.

OOh sweetie, I'm all scared now :eek:

I'm the queen of channelling Billie Piper "because we want to, because we want to!" :D (But not this year huh?)

I've just rung up about a job singing in an italian restaurant at the weekends and I've got an audition booked!

If I can I'd rather be out front wearing a spangly dress and singing "When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie" than out back washing up .
    So we shall see! :eek:

Now I'm off to feed the cat some value prawns to celebrate, and then list on ebay until my fingers fall off!

• aahhh post vanished! Said in short dont feed that cats prawns or youll never do it plus mine will think they're hard done by! Go for it girls!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure